• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Where I Can Buy Used Japan Tyres

shiwankaswe

Question

20 answers to this question

In Japan, perhaps?

Not kidding. Any tyre shop guy can claim that the tyres were used in Japan. How do they actually prove it??? It can just be worn-out tyres removed from a car and retreaded (katta-kapala). Don't be a loba-kuna and risk the life of your loved ones. Buy brand new, even if they are Chinese made.

Edited by Crosswind
  • Like 6

doubt any are from japan but you can try the place in mount next to ioc. but most are retreaded and cut into to make grooves you will spend an awfull amount of time on roads with flat and hopefully that will be the worst experience you will have to suffer. buy a set of brand new tires and maintain them properly you should be easily able to get good life span and or millage. If you look at it from a cost aspect id bet you anything you would have spend more on replacing used tires instead of getting a brand new set one time.

What he said +1,000

Where I live, it's illegal to import used tyres at all. 'Used in Japan' doesn't mean sh!t IMO when it comes to tyres. A decent no-brand tyre would be a safer bet than a used tyre (regardless where they were used). Rotate them at decent intervals and they'll fare better than you'd think.

• Like 1

Never buy used tyres.

Once I met a guy selling 5 used tyres for viva elite (few km away from my residence).

I asked why and he replied that he fixed new alloy wheels with new tyres. (That guy didn't know even viva elite sparewheel is in different tyre size.If the story is true it should be 4 tyres in same size :P )

I carefully checked all 5 tyres.

They were manufacrtured in different months/years.

Worn percentage is very much different one to another.

Inside of some of them were marked as Unit#d Mot#rs. -----> They must be faulty tyres replaced by Unit#d Mot#rs under warrenty replacements.

Some of them had hard rubbing marks. -----> Most probably these tyres from vehicles met with accidents.

I believe someone has purhcased those tyres from action at Unit#d Mot#rs and reselling back.

So don't belive used tyres and never buy used tyres.

Edited by Sampath Gunasekera

Whats the reason you want to buy the used tyres? the size you have given is a common one so you should be able to find a brand set for a reasonable price.

One of my friends tyre size was available in Lanka so untill it was shipped we got one from this mount place. It was a continental with 4mm thread left with even grooves. for that sort of situation it was good to have a used tyre shop like that.

In Japan, perhaps?

Not kidding. Any tyre shop guy can claim that the tyres were used in Japan. How do they actually prove it??? It can just be worn-out tyres removed from a car and retreaded (katta-kapala). Don't be a loba-kuna and risk the life of your loved ones. Buy brand new, even if they are Chinese made.

Re-grooving = Katta Kapala (Process of grooving the under-tread of a tire with a hot tool to regain more tread depth). Considered safe if done to a certain extent, but most people don't comply. Very high blow out hazard when grooved closed to the belt package.

Re-treading = (Re-building) the process of sticking a brand new tread liner to a buffed tire with a curing process in an autoclave.

Re-grooving = Katta Kapala (Process of grooving the under-tread of a tire with a hot tool to regain more tread depth). Considered safe if done to a certain extent, but most people don't comply. Very high blow out hazard when grooved closed to the belt package.

Re-treading = (Re-building) the process of sticking a brand new tread liner to a buffed tire with a curing process in an autoclave.

Yup agreed. What I actually meant was regrooving. Got words mixed up.

Nope, its a EG8. Maxxis is a Taiwan brand with good worldwide recognition. Im using slightly lower profile tyres (195/50/15) so they are not that comfortable. My main requirements are good wet grip and cornering ability and they are superb in those areas.

any other suggestion for good brand new tyres with price

I am using a Chinese brand called Kinforest with my Focus. So far they seem alright. Your size must be around 8000-9000. If you are on a low budget, you can consider a brand like that. There's also a chinese brand called Cheng Shin. Cheng Shin and Maxxis are same product. Ceat-Kelani are also alright for a budget. Not very comfortable but they are ok. Most likely the cheapest Japanese tyre would be Falken.

Bottom line is anything is better than used tyres.You can find many brands for a wide price range at Malay Street tyre shops.

Nope, its a EG8. Maxxis is a Taiwan brand with good worldwide recognition. Im using slightly lower profile tyres (195/50/15) so they are not that comfortable. My main requirements are good wet grip and cornering ability and they are superb in those areas.

yes i have ek3 and 195/50 15r with falken and those are not much comfortable, but handling is supereb

i have searched prices for maxxis it 13000

will see

I am using a Chinese brand called Kinforest with my Focus. So far they seem alright. Your size must be around 8000-9000. If you are on a low budget, you can consider a brand like that. There's also a chinese brand called Cheng Shin. Cheng Shin and Maxxis are same product. Ceat-Kelani are also alright for a budget. Not very comfortable but they are ok. Most likely the cheapest Japanese tyre would be Falken.

Bottom line is anything is better than used tyres.You can find many brands for a wide price range at Malay Street tyre shops.

yes i have check both, its 9000

will see, and roadstar also 11000 and they says its from Korea..but not sure

Go to a maxxis agent. There's one in hi street Dehiwela just opposite police station. Maxxis victra maz-3 is 13,000. Maz-1 is 12,500. They have Chinese tyres for 8500 too. Even I run Chinese. Going to upgrade a pair to maxxis due to camber issues causing uneven wear.

Go to a maxxis agent. There's one in hi street Dehiwela just opposite police station. Maxxis victra maz-3 is 13,000. Maz-1 is 12,500. They have Chinese tyres for 8500 too. Even I run Chinese. Going to upgrade a pair to maxxis due to camber issues causing uneven wear.

Considering all the effort that has gone into the car, I would suggest stretching a bit more than the Maxxis's and going for Dunlops or something. The SP sport LM703 is a very good all round tire and has great grip and response Have it on one MR and also fitted a set to the Civic. Dunlop agents (SKM) sometimes even give special deals on the SP Sport Maxx, one of my friends got a cracker deal at about 18k each.

I realize it sounds expensive compared to the cheap options, but good tires make a HUUUGE difference in how a car feels on the road. My friend mentioned above had a set of roadstones on his car (FD Civic) and the difference between those and the sport maxxes is like night and day.

Checked the prices for 175/70/14 size.

Bridgestone Japanese 16000+

Bridgestone none Japanese 10350 (Indoonesian or somewhere else, can't remember exactly)

Dunlop 10800

Maxxis 8800

GT 9000

If I considerabout Bridgestone, What is the actual quality difference between Jaapanese and non-Japanese tyres?