• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Prius 1.8 Performance

Jor-el

anyhoo I have less maintenance costs. I dont have to replace Brake pads every now and then and I have no belts or such things. (explained above) and still I can give a run for the civic while outrunning other cars mentioned above. :)

Finally some sensible answers.

Did a quick google and the lancers output is

"Peak output is rated at 117 ps at 6,000 rpm with peak torque of 154 Nm at 4,000 rpm."

So how come a 1.6 engine is able to deliver more power than a 1.8 ? and is it power all that matters when drag racing? when it comes to safety and handling prius should be the winner ( more airbags+newer aerodynamic design)

what aboout mazda 3? its power output is " 105bhp maximum power output and torque of 145Nm at 4,000rpm " but 0-100 acceleration time is 12.2 sec, compared to 8 sec of prius. So prius should be the winner despite the power right?

people, I dont want to drag race everyday, this is just for "educational purposes". and for occasional random races on highway ;)

and Komisiripala what is your fuel economy and how much did your car cost? and why did you post the back tail light of your car ? :o

Because it has an Atkinson cycle engine as opposed to the ottoman cycle engines of the rest, need to improve on your google skills.

Aerodynamic design here doesn't mean better handling, it means less "Drag" ergo less resistant from the wind. What a good handling car will have is less weight, stiffer suspension, more downforce, better weight distribution, stiffer chassis, good differential etc. None of which the Prius has !

• Like 2

Lol no idea but about a month ago this guy with a white Prius really started to annoy me from behind with flashing headlights and race with me from pitakotte junction to thalawathugoda.I was in my mazda axela manual.To my surprise that prius had an amazing acceleration.Not saying my car is a race car by any means but got a real good competition than other toyota cars I have experienced.

• Like 1

Lol no idea but about a month ago this guy with a white Prius really started to annoy me from behind with flashing headlights and race with me from pitakotte junction to thalawathugoda.I was in my mazda axela manual.To my surprise that prius had an amazing acceleration.Not saying my car is a race car by any means but got a real good competition than other toyota cars I have experienced.

I normally slam on the brakes when I see Prius monkeys flashing their Bi-Xenons at me from the rear... :) Really puts their brake regeneration to their limits... :) Pklus the whites of thier eyes look nice and bright.

• Like 5

come on VVTI, is that the best you can do? calling me "short-penised guy", "monkey", etc? dont you have anything valuble to add to this thread? I'm just eager to know the capabilities and potential of hybrids.. when compared to similar priced gasolines. pros as well as cons when it comes to performance. Not just fuel economy.

naah.. I will just stick with my opinion that you are a small minded small penised little boy who clearly do not won a Prius and probably has not had his first shave yet...

Now shoooo... go away little monkey and go play with your tonka toys and shake that little pimple at every passing Hybrid.

• Like 3

But the point is it's really funny when a prius start to race.It may have a better acceleration and stuff,but still it feels odd.Everybody knows that it is made with green in mind and you buy a Prius with a battery for more fuel economy and to save few bucks from fuel and stuff,so once you start to race with that it makes you look worse than a ricer.I don't know just my opinion.But if you are looking for a car with good acceleration and fuel economy that's a good car to go with.But the racing mind and Prius doesn't go well together.

Edited by GayanR

Acceleration is because of the electric motor, electric motors have instant torque as oppose to gasoline engines which need to reach high rpms to get the max torque. Actually any electric car would have better torque that gasoline motors, not just the prius. The mclaren P1, la ferrari ... all use electric motors to fill in the bottom rev range torque gap of petrol engines.

and Komisiripala what is your fuel economy and how much did your car cost? and why did you post the back tail light of your car ? :o

Shaking that small wiener of yours too much has made you blind also.... look closely at that pic and you will see... :)

@Jor-el just take your 3rd Generation 1.8L Prius to a safe place ask your friend to join with a car that you want do some test for your self.

Quoting someone's comments, making assupmtions is not the way to prove a point.

• Like 1

Next time my friends tear up the drag strip, I'll ask super dad to join. I personally don't take part in these d!ck shaking contests, for personal reasons but let's see how he faces up to a starlet gt boosted by WEPR, a mugen crz, rx8 and others.

Anyone else want a front row seat to watch a Prius have it's priass handed back to it, lemme know

• Like 3

Next time my friends tear up the drag strip, I'll ask super dad to join. I personally don't take part in these d!ck shaking contests, for personal reasons but let's see how he faces up to a starlet gt boosted by WEPR, a mugen crz, rx8 and others.

Anyone else want a front row seat to watch a Prius have it's priass handed back to it, lemme know

I'm in!

This way I have a duel-purpose vehicle no? normal cruising I save more than them, and if I want to have some fun I can make them gas guzzlers eat my dust :D and I have lesser maintaining expenses (eg: brake pad)

10492015_1433815526902747_61189628399959

• Like 1

Because it has an Atkinson cycle engine as opposed to the ottoman cycle engines of the rest, need to improve on your google skills.

Aerodynamic design here doesn't mean better handling, it means less "Drag" ergo less resistant from the wind. What a good handling car will have is less weight, stiffer suspension, more downforce, better weight distribution, stiffer chassis, good differential etc. None of which the Prius has !

Thanks. That makes sense.

But the point is it's really funny when a prius start to race.It may have a better acceleration and stuff,but still it feels odd.Everybody knows that it is made with green in mind and you buy a Prius with a battery for more fuel economy and to save few bucks from fuel and stuff,so once you start to race with that it makes you look worse than a ricer.I don't know just my opinion.But if you are looking for a car with good acceleration and fuel economy that's a good car to go with.But the racing mind and Prius doesn't go well together.

Like virginity and sunny leone doesn't go well together ? :rolleyes:

Acceleration is because of the electric motor, electric motors have instant torque as oppose to gasoline engines which need to reach high rpms to get the max torque. Actually any electric car would have better torque that gasoline motors, not just the prius. The mclaren P1, la ferrari ... all use electric motors to fill in the bottom rev range torque gap of petrol engines.

Thanks for your valuable info.

@Jor-el just take your 3rd Generation 1.8L Prius to a safe place ask your friend to join with a car that you want do some test for your self.

Quoting someone's comments, making assupmtions is not the way to prove a point.

Yep, was just curious...

Please let me know the result too.

His insults humor us. Hurting you is an added plus.

You can drive your Prius to the strip and run your car and your mouth and see results for yourself. How I can I tell you results when you're not there to verify your claims?

His insults humor us. Hurting you is an added plus.

You can drive your Prius to the strip and run your car and your mouth and see results for yourself. How I can I tell you results when you're not there to verify your claims?

Give me some credit too man! AL was booooooooooooooooring as hell and now you have something to entertain. :)

Isnt the 1.8 engine of the Prius an Atkinson cycle engine? This type of engine is built for efficiency not performance. It would be slower when compared with an Otto cycle engine of the same capacity, especially when it comes to acceleration from a dead stop.

Also, if you 'race' a Prius against a Civic 1.8 i-VTEC , it would leave you in dust and it would actually humiliate the Prius when Vtec kicks in.

Leave the 1.8 civic alone, I've outrun an overly enthusiastic Prius driver who started a childish act of challenging me on the highway with my Civic Hybrid (I dont believe in racing on the road to impress people i dont even know, but this guy seemed to have a serious case of penis envy so it had to be done).

Its not just the engine capacity that matters when winning a 'race'. Handling, cornering, aerodynamics - all that matters. And let's not kid ourselves here - hybrid vehicles DO consume a lot of fuel when you have it constantly under hard acceleration.

Agree with you,Atkinson is a different segment.comparing with a traditional Otto engine is like comparing apples and oranges.

Ford Eco-boost atkinson engines provide 23kmpl without a Hybrid sytem like prius,Downsizing,Tubocharging with Direct Injection and idle stop significantly reduce fuel consumption without all the hybrid gimmick components.

The international best Engines list this year does not even feature any Hybrids(or J-makers.)

http://www.autoblog.com/2014/06/26/ford-1-liter-international-engine-year-threepeat/

so IMO the Prius is under "performing" the Ford/Euro engines given that it has a motor and a huge battery filled with hazardous Ni and heavy metals.

Seriously,what is the hype in AL these days with Hybrid and Prius "performance",some shady car sale owner could not sell enough and risks losing everything to the bank?

If I go so broke that I cant pump petrol to my car and expect more than 600kms out of a full-tank,i will still make sure the Priass I buy will be fixed for the Recall.

http://forum.autolanka.com/topic/15973-toyota-prius-honda-fit-vezel-recall-information/

Edited by osaka_dude

Agree with you,Atkinson is a different segment.comparing with a traditional Otto engine is like comparing apples and oranges.

Ford Eco-boost atkinson engines provide 23kmpl without a Hybrid sytem like prius,so IMO the Prius is under "performing" the Ford engines given that it has a motor and a huge battery filled with hazardous Ni and heavy metals.

Seriously,what is the hype in AL these days with Hybrid and Prius "performance",some shady car sale owner could not sell enough and risks losing everything to the bank?

If I go so broke that I cant pump petrol to my car and expect more than 600kms out of a full-tank,i will still make sure the Priass I buy will be fixed for the Recall.

http://forum.autolanka.com/topic/15973-toyota-prius-honda-fit-vezel-recall-information/

Errmm. what does S.N.L.M mean? your pro pic?