• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Mazda Axela

fookie

Hi Guys,

I am planning to buy a Mazda Axela , it would be great if someone could shed some light on the following questions I have.

1 . Does these cars come with a timming chain or a belt ?

2. Does Axela and Mazda 3 (Brand new) version has two different gear boxes (triptronic) , or is it the same ?

3. What would be a good price to pay for a 2003/2004 Axela in good condition ? (About 2.3M ?)

Thanks in advance

Thanks guys , One more thing does xenon lights come as a option or as standard I think for the low beam ? Is there anyway I can tell whether the lights are xenon by looking from the outside.Since both projectors looks the same for me ....

Thanks guys , One more thing does xenon lights come as a option or as standard I think for the low beam ? Is there anyway I can tell whether the lights are xenon by looking from the outside.Since both projectors looks the same for me ....

It depends on the trim,As far as I know xenon comes as a standard for the 2l and 2.3l versions.Here in sri lanka we get halogen.If it's HID there will be a warning sticker at the back of the headlight,you can open the bonet and check and also there will be a small start up delay for the bulbs to come to full power.

• Like 1

Damn, here I was thinking all Mazda 3 / Alexlas had HID on low beam. Turns out quite a lot of them even in US and Europe have halogen projectors. Thanks GayanR for clearing that up (at least for me).

And any simple conversions using the halogen projector headlight would not work (properly) as the halogen lens is optimized for H7 bulbs and not D2x bulbs.

Think both has the same tiptronic gear box. But the mazda 3 has a 1.6L and the axela has a 1.5L engine.

I have a 2007 Mazda 3 and it has a 1.5 L engine with a 4 speed tiptronic gear box.

According to the owners manual, there are 7 engine variants:

ZJ engine (1349 cc)

ZY engine (1498 cc)

Z6 engine (1598 cc)

LF engine (1999 cc)

L3 turbocharger engine (2261 cc)

Y6 engine (1560 cc)

RF engine (1998 cc)

And the manual gear box comes with either 5 speed or 6 speed.

the tiptronic gear box comes with either 4 speed or 5 speed.

• 2 weeks later...

Mazda Experts, need some help regarding my M3 tyres and wheels. I have a 2005 Mazda 3.

Going to replace my OEM 195*65*15 tyres in to bit larger size 16" or bit larger tyre size in 15". Let me know anyone did this earlier.

Checked some tyre sizes.

- 205*65*15 for 15 alloys

- 205*60*16 for 16 alloys

Because currently car ground clearance is very low (this is the way came as originally). Hard to manage with the Sri Lankan roads. At lease if I can adjust the car height to 1" that would be good.

I think only option available is to upgrade the tyres and alloys.

Need your comments for this.

I'm no expert in ride height but according to the formulas available on the net, your new wheel choices would change your clearance by 6.5 mm and 8.95 mm respectively - that's less than a centimeter.

Furthermore, do you really have an issue with the MZ3? I've been driving the (stock) Axela around Colombo for three years and never have an issue on the regular roads and most residences or parking spaces. I did have an issue with the raised entry of the previous office car park but I learnt to manage that by being patient and going in/out at an angle.

I have bottomed out on various humps on road - but those were the ones I chose to ignore and drive over at a higher speed. If I have the patience to slow down (which I mostly don't) I think those are easily managed. I've noticed that the side blades of the chassis (beneath the doors) takes any impacts and the underbody has never been affected at all, even minutely, in the 3 years of driving the Axela.

According to this the new Axela has only 135mm clearance opposed to old one having 145mm. Like vishkid said the old axela has pretty good ground clearance imo. Also changing to 15" tires wont increase the clearance that much, but read this thread for more info.

Edited by Reckless