• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Vehical Between 1M -1.3M .. 2014 Current Market

bimalnp4me

I Have search Autolanka forums regarding this and thanks for all valuable opinions. .. But most of those threads are very OLD. so don't blame me.

Last 3 or 4 years sri lanka car prices changes very much..

at the moment as we know srilankan vehicle market is not doing well and car prices have gone down.

EX - we can see AE110 are priced from 13lks to 21lks .

So if you guys can reply with current market ..it will be very helpfull..

I'm looking for (exsept Indian maruti and Alto)

1.relible

2.fule efficent

i have few cars in mind. which one will be the best? I will be travaling 40km per day 3days per week and once a month 450-500km . roughly 1000 -1200KM per month.

AE100

AE110

Alto(Japanees)

March 1.3 Manul - 4 Door

Kelisa
Lancer CK2

Mazda demio 1.3 Manual

AE100, AE110, Lancer CK2 are all good choices, if you have to travel far

Kelisa, March 1.3, Madza demio are good for city driving if thats where you need to travel around

But there is no concept of better without understanding what your requirements are like where you plan to drive.

Also rather than the model lot depends on the condition as these cars are all over a decade old.

If you can stretch to about 1.5 million you can get a fairly new VIVA Elite manual version.

Hi,,

Since this is related to the topic, I'll post this here.

I have plans to buy a vehicle for around 1 to 1.3 Mil myself. I do not plan to use it as a daily runner at all. It will be more like a weekend getaway vehicle.

For sometime, I have set my mind to go for a Land Rover. And recently I got my eyes on a good one too. I mean a really good one from the looks. The guy has spent so much on exterior and it looks really good. Given the good care he's given to the body, you cannot possibly imagine that he's poor on the maintenance and other stuff. The add was published for a 1.3Mil but when I spoke to him, he told me his last price is 10.50.

Since I am no expert on these things, I called my brother to get his insight on this and to go see the vehicle. After looking at the add, he completely twisted my arm.

What he said was like this in Summery.: Everything looks good but its not our kind of ride. You cannot possibly maintain this kind of vehicle. It doesn't matter if its a K number or 32, everything costs the same. With every service, you will have to replace diesel filters and other stuff. Even if it is Diesel, Its really bad on fuel. And you cannot possibly expect the comfort of a car in this. "Katharagama wage duraka giyoth Loriyaka daala polawe gahuwa wage" to be exact. :violent-smiley-027::sad-smiley-067::speechless-smiley-004:

What he suggests is to go for a small car like Starlet or Cynos or may be a Ceres..

But still the decision is mine.

So what do you guys think? What should I do? Is it really that bad to maintain a Landy? Will I have to spend my entire salary over it???

Edited by New to the newbees........

This depends mostly on what you want out of the car. See, there's no point you playing it safe with a weekend getaway car. Your brothers suggestions are more daily runner type unusual cars. If you're running is only on weekends, and you're doing so purely for motoring pleasure, why worry about upkeep and fuel economy? Is only gonna do 20-30km four times a week. Round that off to 100km a month, even if you had a car that did 5kmpl, that s still 20 liters of fuel.

Any car has to be maintained, and any car for that price is usually vintage so parts availability is inversely proportional to price. Landys are not an easy affair to maintain if you have no previous exposure to one. I dunno whether your brothers quote is justified but I do know that they're not as cheap as a 4dr5 to run.

If you just want to hoon around in a unique car, then rethink your criteria.

Might I interest you in a sr20det powered 1968 Datsun 510 4 door sedan?

Edited by Komisiripala

• 8 months later...

HI Guys,

Thanks for the help..

brought a Mazda demio 1998 - preface lift..

very spacious car. Nice to drive.. good pulling power.. descant head room and leg room..

i think this will be a good choice for 12Lks..

better than a Alto(I hate Altos and Maruits) except fuel economy and running cost(parts etc..) ..

thanks all for valuable feedback's.. :D

Edited by bimalnp4me
  • Like 1