• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Honda Hornet 250Cc Fuel Consumption

sira

Dear Friends

What is the average fuel consumption of Honda hornet 250 CC 98 model (115 chassis). I brought one 3 weeks ago and looks it does around 15 Km/L.

spark plugs looks very old but they were white tip and air cleaner too looks old and never changed. lots of dust . I have cleaned them any way. will there be an better consumption if I changed them

thanks

Your Hornet should have the same engine as the Jade model. This one at its best would do around 25kmpl AFAIK. The improvements to fuel consumption came with later models ie after chassis 125 with the introduction of TPS. (I am sure 130 has a TPS). In your case you need to begin with a complete clean up of the carb and be prepared to change the needles and in some cases the jets too. The needles are made of an alloy to reduce the weight (cos they are suspended with a rubber diaphragm) but they tend to wear off very soon. Then the carbs need to be synchronized. You cannot expect much improvement by just changing the air cleaner and plugs alone.