• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Suzuki Japanese Alto 2015

amalbasnayake

Question

I need to buy small car(not hybrid or electric) with automatic transmission below 26 lak. Car should be good 2nd value market and plenty of spare parts.

My choice is Suzuki Japanese Alto 2015(Chassis-HA36S).

JC08 fuel consumption is 37km/L for 2WD CVT.(http://www.suzuki.co.jp/car/alto/)

L grade 2WD car is Rs 24 laks with tax.(if you personalty import)

Is it worth to buy this car?

Please give your valuable opinions.

post-70733-0-20427600-1438365122_thumb.j

post-70733-0-43076500-1438365134_thumb.j

post-70733-0-54918100-1438365151_thumb.j

post-70733-0-26394200-1438365164_thumb.j

post-70733-0-23771300-1438365172_thumb.j

Edited by amalbasnayake

3 answers to this question

Test drove one yesterday ! Typical kei car. Peppy low end and nippy around the city. Not too exciting to drive except the RS turbo which is a bit firmer on the suspension and the turbo gives a bit of a punch. As in any kei car it was revving hard going up hills with the wife kid and sales girl in the car. Felt a bit plasticy, but somehow didnt feel like cheap plastics of the indian cars. Seats were much to be desired. They dont seem to be body hugging so feel like your sitting on a flat bench. And the front seats felt like a bench with wierd things on the side groping on your love handles (ie seats not supportive).Didnt sit in the back when the car was moving but cant imagune it to be any better.

Just font expect it to have the functionality of a normal car or the ride sophistication of a sedan (or even an aqua). But seems like a decent little low end kei.

I need to buy small car(not hybrid or electric) with automatic transmission below 26 laks.Car should has good 2nd value market and plenty of spare parts.

JC08 fuel consumption is 37km/L for 2WD CVT.

L grade 2WD car is Rs 24 laks with tax.(if you personalty import)

Is it worth to buy this car?

Please give your valuable opinions.

attachicon.gifimg02.jpg

attachicon.gifimg01.jpg

attachicon.gifimg04.jpg

attachicon.gifimg02 (1).jpg

attachicon.gifimg04 (1).jpg

Could you please explain how you decided that the Alto will have a good second hand market? This model has just been released a few months back and to my knowledge, not many are imported to Sri Lanka.

The question of second hand market is not something anyone can predict. There was a time when you could sell a car that you bought a decade ago, for a 100% markup but not anymore... just buy whatever you like and enjoy. Personally I would consider those Perodua Viva/Kia Picanto for that price range.

Plenty of spare parts will be available here, if only car population of the model is high here.

Example:

Japanese Suzuki Alto: HA11S - Car population here was very low. It was very difficult to find the spares.

Japanese Suzuki Alto: HA23S - This model was very famous here. Hence car population was high. Spare parts were easily available.

I need to buy small car(not hybrid or electric) with automatic transmission below 26 lak. Car should be good 2nd value market and plenty of spare parts.

Edited by Sampath Gunasekera