• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Xenon Light Not Working Toyota Premio

Ted

Question

Hi,

I have a premio 2010 manufac. 2 weeks ago when i started the car left side Xenon light was not working. Then I witched off and on the light switch. Then two lights were okay. No problem happened untill yesterday. 3 days ago i replaced a new battery and yesterday started the car and i saw the same light was not working. Then i switched on and off several times but only one light ryt hand side was working. Also so etimes both Xenon lights were not working. All other lights are working.Does anybody know wht has really happened?

7 answers to this question

If it's an original xenon kit I highly doubt that it'll go out so soon! Kinda weird

If it's not original when fixing the HID sometimes an additional relay is used and that relay is connected directly to the battery so you might wanna check that

If it's an original xenon kit I highly doubt that it'll go out so soon! Kinda weird

If it's not original when fixing the HID sometimes an additional relay is used and that relay is connected directly to the battery so you might wanna check that

Thans for the advise.. I have normal Xenon not original HID. Do you know any place from which I can test wether bulb or ballast unit or both malfuntioning?

If both bulbs are not working I suspect the balast unit. Maybe its malfunctioning. Also check for loose connections.

Hi,

Previously only one buld was not working ( totally off) and other bulb was working. Now the working bulb is blinking fast. So one is totally off and other is blinking. I am not sure wht really has happened. Do you know any place to get this checked?

Thans for the advise.. I have normal Xenon not original HID. Do you know any place from which I can test wether bulb or ballast unit or both malfuntioning?

As far as I know xenon and HID are the same

If your car has ballasts it has a HID kit

to get it tested you can go to an electrician or to a place where there sell/fix accessories and they will try replacing the bulbs and ballasts, eventually you will find out which one has the problem.

Did these lights come with the car? or were they fixed later on?

to get it tested you can go to an electrician or to a place where there sell/fix accessories and they will try replacing the bulbs and ballasts, eventually you will find out which one has the problem.

Yes i have an HID kit. And this kit is has been installed in japan. Brand name is Leaps. There is also a canceller unit for each side kit. Do you know any electrician who can identify faulty point so that i don't have to buy a total kit. Thanks for your infor as well.

Like Magnum said your best bet is to take the car to a place where they sell/fix HID kits and accessories. Your local mechanic probably will not be able to find the exact cause, you need a specialized electronic mech to diagnose and repair the faulty part.