• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

2008 Mazda Demio

sandakag

Hi sandakag,

Retracting of my Demio's driver side mirror stopped working about a year ago. I just visited 2-3 shops at Delkanda stretch and found the part. One of the shops offered me following options.

1. Whole mirror unit - Rs. 25,000/=

2. Replace the whole machine inside the mirror with a genuine used machine (taken from a frame broken side mirror unit) - Rs. 12,000/=

I went ahead with the 2nd option. It's been working fine since then. I'm sure you can beat this price if you try a bit harder by visiting few more shops in Delkanda and Panchi. I can give you the contact number of the shop from which I got it fixed.

• Like 1

Well guess what! My father told me that the driver's side mirror stopped retracting and opening a couple of weeks ago. Seems to be a common issue on the Demio. He said that he got it repaired once from a place in Thalawathugoda, but it only worked for a couple of days.

Will show him this thread. Thanks SamG for the response. Will contact you if I need more info. :)

Sorry guys, I seems to have lost the contacts. Couldn't find it on the phone and I'm away from home at the moment. I'll see if I can find it at home. This is the exact location of the shop (sorry, can't remember the name of the shop either :( ). It's a small shop run by 2 guys.

Google Map Location:

www.google.lk/maps/place/6%C2%B051'48.2%22N+79%C2%B053'59.2%22E/@6.8633793,79.8992378,19z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m2!3m1!1s0x0:0x0?hl=en

Edited by SamG

• 1 month later...

Guys, it seems like I have another issue witb this car. Its acually sometimes when the front tires goes on a bump or a pothole, the brake peddle goes all the way down. This happened only couple of times but it worries me since its the brake peddle. Could this be a ABS sensor or something? I can't think of anything else. Please help..Thanks

Guys, it seems like I have another issue witb this car. Its acually sometimes when the front tires goes on a bump or a pothole, the brake peddle goes all the way down. This happened only couple of times but it worries me since its the brake peddle. Could this be a ABS sensor or something? I can't think of anything else. Please help..Thanks

This seems to be a common issue. I still have this issue with my car. I went to C0lonial M0tors complaining about this one. They replaced the brake cylinder. Problem was solved only for couple of months and it returned soon after. Our fellow member fookie got the same issue, and he went on to replace both break cylinder and the booster. He still has the issue. Since this happens very rarely, we just live with it. I found this post in one of the forums which is exactly the same issue. Seems like no one knows how to permanently fix it.

http://www.mazda3forums.com/62-suspension-brakes/657609-soft-brake-pedal-after-hard-stop-through-pothole.html

According to the link SamG has shared, the OP has solved the issue by stepping on the brake pedal so that ABS is activated. Doing this several times apparently has solved his issue.

I'm surprised that Mazda has not done anything about what seems to be a common issue.

Guys. Rexton Motors near the Fire brigade in darly road has quite a reputation for these kind of repairs. Search the forum and you will find a lot of good things about the place :)

Edited by NRX