• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

To Buy The First Car Worth About 1.5 Million

tharindushyamen

Question

Dear all experts,

with all respects ,

Im planning to buy my first car wich is worth about 16 Lks.This is just for personal use and im not worring about the fuel consumption.what is in my mind has been listed below.

- cefiro A33

- peujot 406

- geely mx7

- nissan primera

I would like to know the best car out of above mentioned and reason for bad cars.

Please and thank you.

6 answers to this question

I don't know anything about the Pug or the Primera but used to get office transport taxis and been on MX7 many times - flimsy interior and overall build quality is bad.

Theres another interesting story told to me by a guy in tourism about a MX7 that indicated it had enough fuel and ultimately stalled middle of the road cos it had actually run out of fuel. If i were you I'd avoid it like the plague.

The cefiro A33 is one car i have driven quite a bit it's a sweet ride. If fuel consumption is not an issue i'd go for a cefiro anyday. And you can get one for less than 16 mill and keep some spare cash for repairs etc.

There are lot of die hard peugeot fans on the forum who will shed some light on it.

BTW Are you thinking about the Primera P11 or P12?

Stay away from anything made by Geely. I'd suggest an A33 vs Primera, A33 all the way, simply because you get more bang for the buck. Manual JDMs with velour (fabric) interior seem to commanding higher prices. A well maintained 406 isn't a bad proposition either.

A33 all the way. But make sure you find a well maintained car, even if you pay extra. A well maintained A33 with proper records should cost around 1.6. You can buy A33s starting from 1.1 but its best to avoid those.

@OP - The good thing with A33 is that you can bargain cos they don't sell like hotcakes. Uncles car was in quite good nick when we sold it for 1.2 in may.

find a good specimen and bargain and get a good price.