• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Oops Nissan has good cars too like 350z :-P

lol ! I guess they do. (Never driven one so I can't validate that) But I'm just playing, no offence taken: My Nissan is cheap, dependable, and easy to maintain so all is well in my corner of the world! :D

@carboy2011 that almost felt like deja-vu. I had the same errors when I bought my E46. ABS and traction control lights on and an intermittent oil light while the oil levels were fine. Turned out to be a faulty ABS sensor (which in turn messed up the traction control system) and a leaky oil level sensor. Hope yours is a simple fix.

Update,I got the car back last week on my return and the Engine light problem is gone,apparently it was caused by using cheap oil and not the VW recommended ones and now the car is very smooth

The ABS light did come ON few times and then now it does not unfortunatley when the scanner is connected it does not show any fault codes (both the RAC and the Garage did it) as the light does not come all the time,seems to be a common issue with Passats

Apart from these issues its a solid car and got many good features and when the temp went down to 3 degrees y'day it even had a warning bell and 'ice'' icon displayed,not bad for a 2002 model huh

@carboy2011 sorry my quote isn't working for some reason. Glad you got things sorted without having to dig deeper. Actually, right after I swapped the ABS sensor, it did pop up randomly a couple of times, only to disappear when I reached home and never came up in scans. It's been almost six months since the last time I saw this happen and the ABS system works fine as I recently found out on some gravel.

Enjoy the car dude :)