• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Looking For An Interplay Engine

triplockd

Hey guys, my 1988 familia hatchback has seen better days and it's 1.3L engine has got to go.. Am looking for a 1.5 engine. The B5ZE would be awesome or the "Interplay" series. Would need the complete wire harness as well since the old engine is a carb.

Appreciate any help or direction you can give, have asked a few people for help to look for one but no luck so far..

Fantastic choice of engine!

Better look for a front -cut. as you'll find a lot you'll need for the conversion

Apart from the engine, you'll need the transmission, radiator, coil, wiring, hoses and numerous parts. Does your car have Power Steering?

Also recommend upgrading the brakes to match the performance.

p.sThis engine was offered in the BG series.and may be a tight fit..

you may start your search from Wijerama/Delkanda .

Good luck!

• Like 1

Thanks Twin Turbo. Yup I do plan to upgrade my brakes :D. Have already gotten the JDM vented disks just need to find calipers to fit. I've already bumped up my tyres and rims from 165/70/R13s to 185/60/R14s.

Oh and its a BF so shouldn't be too hard to squeeze in a BG motor.

Need to find some aftermarket suspension or at least struts as well. Bit tough since modding this car isnt so common. And I work abroad and don't get to visit as much as I like.. :(