• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Subaru impreza Sti

Lakmal Tissera

Question

5 answers to this question

Oh...okay....well still...it doesn't change the fact that you still will be dropped behind the wheel of a high powered car which requires the driver to be sensible and mature when driving in public roads. It is just that there has been a huge influx of young drivers behind these types of vehicles (BMWs, Evo, STi conversions, etc...) driving like complete morons..racing...driving on the wrong side of the road,etc...

The STi is a nice car.,..better if you can get an original one or at the very least a proper conversion of high caliber. HOwever, please don't expect it to be maintained by maka-basses like most Toyota and Nissan owners do. You will need to be a bit more selective of how, when and where you take care of it. 

• Like 3

Im not a big brainer on vehicles but as i know this is a car made for performance fans years ago. Fuel consumption i would guess will be 7.5 - 8 depending on the engine. Then again its not a hybrid im guessing fron the looks this maybe a 1997 - 1999 model. (Cuz of the headlight design i figuered, later 2002 versions came with a bit of different looks) Checked over the web i saw someone selling a year 2001 sti sports wagon for around 20. Parts availability depends on where you look for those, cuz you wont find those everywhere. Why not look for a Honda Civic Ek3/Es8 with VTec? I guess that will be a better buy.

Edited by gayankap

When you say beginner...what kind of a beginner ? Are you new to driving ?

If you are a new driver..I am not sure if a high powered car like a STi or an Evo would be the best choice (sorry if I sound rude). they are nice cars to drive and inspires spirited driving with a boost of power. So all that might be a bit over whelming for a beginner.   

If you are a beginner....why not start with something a bit more manageable like a standard Impreza (if you can find one these days as all of them are bought up for conversions) or even something like a Lancer....or an Axela ? They are not power houses...but are pretty fun to drive. If you are lucky you might even be able to bag something like a Sunny or Pulsar VZ-R or even a Corolla or Carina GT.

FYI.....there are only very few original STi in the country.Plenty of conversions around though....if you do go for a conversion...make sure you get it properly checked out to see if the conversion is safe.

Edited by iRage
  • Like 3

No i am not new to driving. I had a nissan earlier. But one of my friend bought a STI 9 - SPEC- C recently and the performance of that car impressed me. By saying beginner I meant that I am fresh to sports cars. But i like a subaru than a honda. I would like to kno whether it is good to start off by this sbaru impreza.

I agree on the views iRage has put above. Personally after being driven in one front and back as a passenger didn't really like it. Don't get me wrong the adrenaline rush was pretty awe-inspiring but, for me it got old really really fast. rear leg room was let say limited the sound although at 1st was Awesome, became a bit of a headache when u hear it all the time. Ride comfort was nil (I think it had to with these lowered suspensions on both cars i went in and maybe others have it in a less spine shattering settings)

personal preferences so u might want it that way and lets face, this wont stop you from buying one. For me though i went with with a car that i fondly say "a wolf in sheep clothing" sorta vehicle. I wanted a bit of comfort, speed and handling and occasional low end growl so it was a Legacy for me.

Do get it checked properly by agents or another vehicle inspection place to avoid getting a accident or mechanically poor car that might put you and others in harms way. after all when that turbo sets in and things dont work how it should be...sh*t will get very very real ^_^

• Like 1