• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Car Prices?

Watchman

has anyone got an idea about how much a Mercedes 123 deisel converted (64-XXXX) would be worth? its VERY well maintained.

And how much would the market price of a diesel 126(8) the bigger version is... i'm talking of the car that came out in the late 80s and early 90s.. before the whole "CLASS (C,E,S)" came into the mercedes range... this was very popular among VIPs those days... i think even President Premadasa rode on one of these..

A friend's got a 123 and is planning to upgrade to the 126... how much more would he have to pocket out?

has anyone got an idea about how much a Mercedes 123 deisel converted (64-XXXX) would be worth? its VERY well maintained.

And how much would the market price of a diesel 126(8) the bigger version is... i'm talking of the car that came out in the late 80s and early 90s.. before the whole "CLASS (C,E,S)" came into the mercedes range... this was very popular among VIPs those days... i think even President Premadasa rode on one of these..

A friend's got a 123 and is planning to upgrade to the 126... how much more would he have to pocket out?

W124 E-class (64-) Orginal diesels are going around 2.2 Mil or higher. If I'm not mistaken W126 is the S class right?

wow..you serious?? i can't believe one of those things would still cost so much! its amazing how those things hold their value..and how ridiculous sri lankan car prices are:)

we actually got one of those things down from germany (not to SL) a couple of years ago (a 230E..91 model i believe)..was such a fun car. very very comfortable, and was in amazing condition given that the autobahn was all it had ever seen. and only cost about US$4k duty free too.

honestly I'd stick to the E instead of an S if i were you...its still a great car, and the S is a little too bulky I think.

W124 E-class (64-) Orginal diesels are going around 2.2 Mil or higher. If I'm not mistaken W126 is the S class right?

thanks man.

ya, i the W126 models come in ranges like 280s etc....

the 124e and the E-class are actually a bit diferent.. though they loook almost alike, there's a difernce in the lights, grill and some parts...

One reason my friend’s looking for a 126 is that those cars really don’t depreciate like Japanese cars or some other European cars.. and Mercs (even the older ones) are pretty dam solid vehicles… even the 123 he has right now is quite a drive… bit on the slow side when it comes to acceleration, but when it comes to driving long distance it is amazing… I’ve driven the car to the katunayaka and back a couple of times… effortless drive..

And the 126 has a very majestic look… I haven’t driven one yet, but cant wait till I do…

Well there are sum new mercedez and BMS coming to srilanka my uncle is bringing them to put a new sale,,,N the FEATURED CAR IN TRANSPORTER 2 the audi a4 2005-6 model will also come in 2 months price go more than 4 million.. for the audi

a4 fsi

Hey man!

The car in transporter 2 is the Audi A8… its not a A4….. I’m 100% sure on it, cos the A8 has the W12 engine and if u have the movie check out the starting credits… you see the W12 logo on the front grill…

Besides.. by the size of it, its too big to be a A4..

yep, and i just checked out the web... its a A8

Hey man!

The car in transporter 2 is the Audi A8… its not a A4….. I’m 100% sure on it, cos the A8 has the W12 engine and if u have the movie check out the starting credits… you see the W12 logo on the front grill…

Besides.. by the size of it, its too big to be a A4..

yep, and i just checked out the web... its a A8

ur rite...besides he drove a 7-series in d first movie so y wud he switch to an A4 :lol:

the 126 is a great car dude but even the 124 is a very stylish alternativ and wud cost under 2 mill

One reason my friend’s looking for a 126 is that those cars really don’t depreciate like Japanese cars or some other European cars..

I've heard that one of the main reason why Mercz dont loose value as it's counterparts is coz of MBSL any truth for this?

I've heard that one of the main reason why Mercz dont loose value as it's counterparts is coz of MBSL any truth for this?

what do they do to precent the cars from losing value? most of the older ones probably don't even go to the agents

what do they do to precent the cars from losing value? most of the older ones probably don't even go to the agents

This was told by a merc owner himself, that the club decide on the min price that a fairly new car should be sold,[may be informally] and the members abide by it when they sell their cars, thus setting the trend for the lower mkt cars also to have a decent price... surely not every nameplate can do it...

This was told by a merc owner himself, that the club decide on the min price that a fairly new car should be sold,[may be informally] and the members abide by it when they sell their cars, thus setting the trend for the lower mkt cars also to have a decent price... surely not every nameplate can do it...

i dont think so man... most of the people who own Mercs produced before maybe 1995 aren’t in these Mercedes clubs... if you ask me the 3 main reasons for a merc to keep retain value are:

1) the name Mercedes though we may not think much still DOES have a certain 'classy' image... think of it… even though BMW appeals to so many people, its mostly the younger generation.. most older people and those who want more ‘prestige’ and kind of a show-piece still tend to go for Mercedes’

2) they are very hardy vehicles… and though people say parts are expensive, they really aren’t that much expensive from a Japanese car... i'm not talking abt agent prices cos those are like WOOWWWW!

3) Mercedes engines even the bigger/newer engines are amazingly fuel-efficient..

last month we went to Mahiyanganaya and back in a Merc Van. The MB140 (the longer one).. and it took up less than one tankful for the return trip! And that’s a big-ass van!!! And quite roomy & comfy for that matter