• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Check Engine and VSC lights Toyota Vitz

chmzzy

Question

I have a Toyota Vitz (Japanese version of Yaris), 2014 model. The current mileage is around 22,000 KM. The Check Engine and the VSC lights went on last month and it went off after turning off the vehicle for sometime and starting it back. The Check Engine and VSC lights came back on today and went back off after stopping the engine for a while. The issue seems to be intermittent. I had it diagnosed and the error codes I've got are:

• P0571 - Brake Switch "A" Circuit
  • C1201 - Engine Control System Malfunction

Basically I may have the C1201 code because of the P0571 code. The P0571 code means my brake switch is faulty.

Any thoughts on this? Also want to know a good mechanic who can help to fix the issue.

Screenshot below:

wEDcq.jpg

1 answer to this question

If you go a quick google search on the code itself you will see that it is usually the brake's electrical circuitry throwing a fault. So it can be the switch, fuse or a cable, etc....

Basically, it seems like the ECU is not getting the required electrical signal from the brake pedal to activate/deactivate certain other features that may be there like cruise control, etc...Doesn't seem to be a major problem (brakes will still work) unless you have Cruise Control. If you set the Cruise Control the issue is when you step on the brakes the Cruise Control will not cut off and the car may potentially try to stay at the set speed whilst you try to brake. Apparently in some models the cruise control does not work if the code pops up.

As for getting it fixed....don:t take it to a maka baas. Obviously you can take it to the agents. However, you may also want to check in at places like Platinum AS.

• Like 1