• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Problem with Automatic Transmission

Nissan Wingroad Rider

Question

Hi!,

I am a newcomer to this forum. I have a Nissan Wingroad car (YOM 2002) with Automatic Transmission. Since recently, I experience every morning that after I start the car and reverse the car to the road and then after shifting the gear to Drive Mode, the car doesn't move for few seconds. However when it on the reverse gear, it moves.

This too happens during the day while I park for several hours and then when I want to drive the car out to the road. A few months back, I changed the transmission oil to BP Dextron III which I bought from A*W since I did not have any idea of when was the previous owner changed the Transmission Oil for the last time, because I purchased the car from a car vendor. Anyway the car meter reading indicates the car has done 78000KM which seems incorrect for a car manufactured in 2002.

I told my mechanic about this problem, he said the Gear Box may have to replace or need a overhaul. Now I need some experts advice on what I should do.

Appreciate your advice on this matter.

5 answers to this question

1 minute ago, Nissan Wingroad Rider said:

Hi!,

I am a newcomer to this forum. I have a Nissan Wingroad car (YOM 2002) with Automatic Transmission. Since recently, I experience every morning that after I start the car and reverse the car to the road and then after shifting the gear to Drive Mode, the car doesn't move for few seconds. However when it on the reverse gear, it moves.

This too happens during the day while I park for several hours and then when I want to drive the car out to the road. A few months back, I changed the transmission oil to BP Dextron III which I bought from A*W since I did not have any idea of when was the previous owner changed the Transmission Oil for the last time, because I purchased the car from a car vendor. Anyway the car meter reading indicates the car has done 78000KM which seems incorrect for a car manufactured in 2002.

I told my mechanic about this problem, he said the Gear Box may have to replace or need a overhaul. Now I need some experts advice on what I should do.

Appreciate your advice on this matter.

Hi there

Sorry to hear about this.. But i hope below thread will give you a headsup.

Hi,

I have now one more issue to solve, which is the Ignition Knock that giving me trouble. It doesn't happen all the time. Sometimes when I accelerate only it makes a noise, specially when climbing a hill. I used Liqui Moly fuel additive few weeks ago and the noise went off, but again it started to make the same noise. How should I get this sorted out.

Please help me.

Thanks

17 hours ago, Nissan Wingroad Rider said:

Today, I put my car to Nilwala Motors and got my gear box repaired. It costs me Rs.30,000/- for the entire job with a six months guarantee. I hope that may be the price for overhauling the gear boxes.

Thanks

Thanks great news. Hope your problem is resolved :) by the way, cost of the repair depends on the repair job and wear of internal parts.. he costed me 80k for my CVT gearbox repair, and also suggested he rather wanted me to go for a recon one since i can find one for bit more less amount :D

On 4/3/2017 at 4:42 PM, Nissan Wingroad Rider said:

Hi,

I have now one more issue to solve, which is the Ignition Knock that giving me trouble. It doesn't happen all the time. Sometimes when I accelerate only it makes a noise, specially when climbing a hill. I used Liqui Moly fuel additive few weeks ago and the noise went off, but again it started to make the same noise. How should I get this sorted out.

Please help me.

Thanks

Iginition knocks can be caused by a number of things. Fuels additives are ideal to maintain good injector flow but if you have knock already it may not solve it. Best is to get a tuneup done. Clean the injectors, clean the maf, throttle body, iacv, EGR, check spark plugs and regap.