• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Mazda Familia VIN number

Janaka Pradeep

Question

7 answers to this question

9 hours ago, Janaka Pradeep said:

I have Mazda familia BJ5P  model car. YOM 2000. how can I find the VIN number of this car? Is the chassis number and VIN numbers are same? I have read somewhere that VIN number has 17 characters. but I cant find it. please  help.

Its on the metal plate which is inside the engine compartment on the drivers side along with the engine no, chasis no, colour etc. Also there is another plate sometimes on the drivers side centre pillar. 

However it may not be possible to get details based know the VIN number through online registries. 

1 hour ago, Janaka Pradeep said:

Thanks for your quick response. I have checked the engine compartment ,there was a metal plate containing details. There is a VIN number with 11 characters. In vehicles registration cetificate that same number mentioned as chassis number. Is that both numbers can be same?

The chassis number for your car should be something like BJ5P-XXXXXX. This is the VIN equivalent for this car. VIN is a 17 character code defined in a ISO standard. Usually you cannot use chassis number for searching in a VIN registry.

3 hours ago, Rumesh88 said:

The chassis number for your car should be something like BJ5P-XXXXXX. This is the VIN equivalent for this car. VIN is a 17 character code defined in a ISO standard. Usually you cannot use chassis number for searching in a VIN registry.

yes, the chassis number is that. what number can I use for check the details of the  car?