• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Engine Check Light

kanchana2504

Question

My toyota allion nze240 indicating engine check light when i start the engine in the morning and disappear it when it runs 200m and will not indicate anymore while running. but when the engine is switched off  for 2-3 hours then same problem happening. when i scan it it shows throttle position sensor error. what is this behavior ? how is the cost of this sensor ? is it ok to run with this error ?

5 answers to this question

8 minutes ago, kanchana2504 said:

My toyota allion nze240 indicating engine check light when i start the engine in the morning and disappear it when it runs 200m and will not indicate anymore while running. but when the engine is switched off  for 2-3 hours then same problem happening. when i scan it it shows throttle position sensor error. what is this behavior ? how is the cost of this sensor ? is it ok to run with this error ?

Hi @kanchana2504

There is no issue in running with the issue till it gets failed permanently. But my advice is to replace it as soon as possible since this will impact ur fuel efficiency. Because since there is a malfunction in TPS your gear shifting will not be smooth as before also will go for high revs to change gears..

As per my understanding a recon one should be not more than 6k. its a pretty straightforward thing (just plug and play)

1 minute ago, PerfMad said:

Hi @kanchana2504

There is no issue in running with the issue till it gets failed permanently. But my advice is to replace it as soon as possible since this will impact ur fuel efficiency. Because since there is a malfunction in TPS your gear shifting will not be smooth as before also will go for high revs to change gears..

As per my understanding a recon one should be not more than 6k. its a pretty straightforward thing (just plug and play)

Ok thanks for the info

46 minutes ago, PerfMad said:

Hi @kanchana2504

Yes first test it and replace soon because it can completely fail at anytime. TPS is the simplest sensor of them all to test but knowing its mechanism I do not advise to replace this part with a recon one. The cost must be just above 10k at the agents but a new original part can be ordered from online suppliers like amayama.com for almost half that price assuming you are not charged any duty (for a single part they do not bother to charge duty usually).

Edited by Rumesh88