• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Getting a new license plate for the faded old license plate

LashNeo

My rear license plate is faded and doesn’t look good. Therefore; I have been pondering the thought of getting a new plate from department of motor traffic. Has anyone in the forum done that before? What would be the procedure and cost? Are there any third parties who would handle this? If I’m going to do this via DMT I suppose I would have to hand them over the old plate until I get the new one. Can someone who has done this shed some light please…^_^

8 minutes ago, Davy said:

Thanks Davy. I searched the forum before posting this. But, somehow I have missed this post. 

When i called 1919 they told me a different story. They told me to handover the documents to DMT and DMT gonna send the new plates to District Secretariat within one to two weeks. Then only I have to submit the old number plates to district sec. and get the new ones. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, dtaluthge said:

When i called 1919 they told me a different story. They told me to handover the documents to DMT and DMT gonna send the new plates to District Secretariat within one to two weeks. Then only I have to submit the old number plates to district sec. and get the new ones. 

Hmm.. interesting. probably the procedure may have been changed. 

1 hour ago, dtaluthge said:

Last month I got new plates for my uncle's vehicle. I have handed over old plates and documents to DMT and they gave me a receipt to show police if necessary. Following day I collected the new plates. As I remember we have two options Normal service or Priority service.