• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

...and The Saga Continues

fuzzo

Question

my car (mazda) was back at the agents today for a miss/hesitation and a slight heating issue.

their conclusion on the problem: bad fuel.

details: aparently there is a cylinder imbalance in my car (no idea what that means) the reason is because my spark plugs have rust on them and thus causing the miss. The kicker is that these spark plugs were replaced less than a month ago. so i asked them why the spark plugs would rust in a month. they came up with "there is a high content of water in your fuel tank"

aparently this is the 2nd vehicle they have gotten this week with this issue. the first vehicle was a new vehicle from indra, the new owner had pumped full tank of fuel and had travelled less than 1 km before the car died. they had opened it up and found water in the fuel tank. that owner is trying to sue the fuel station.

as for me, they believe that i have the same issue coz i pump at the same station and hence the reason for the rusted plugs.

wgat do you guys think? bsflag.gif

• Answers 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Well, seems to have looked at Fuzzo's Mazda...

Main diff between AL and AA. AA members pay for their membership, and AA officers are paid for their time.

I do understand this but dont you think it would be worth the while to at least explore the idea.... maybe even offer paid membership. given the fact that due to the numbers involved at AA in sri lanka and the number of forum users at Autolanka, financing would certainly be a task. True some of the forum members may even be students and they may not be able to afford a membership. But let us try and see a way around it where there would be added privileges to paid members, privileges that students or those under age would not have use for but for drivers could not be without.

I don’t mean that Autolanka should go to the extent of verifying if there was water or not...not at this juncture any way....that type of action could be taken in the future....more like contact both parties and merely post what they have to say. Let the members form their own opinion.

Sort of like giving consumers a forum to post their grievances and organisations to address explain and exonerate themselves. Autolanka could charge the organisation for providing a real-time customer care forum. and may be even advertisements from organisations.

hmmm... something to think abt :blink:

Received an email regarding the "water mixed petrol" issue, apparently authored by the victimized party... Its a long but thought provoking read...

shit man.. that's terrible... the f*cker should pay for this... lets try to circulate this mail so that others will know as well....

Well, seems to have looked at Fuzzo's Mazda...

Fuzzo's marketing genius continues to haunt AL :blink:

anyway Zackie is really good according to what i have heard...

shit man.. that's terrible... the f*cker should pay for this... lets try to circulate this mail so that others will know as well....

well i forwarded the mail i got 2 sharkster :blink:

@Newbi: plz let us know how things turn out wit Zackie and possibly prices(if the two of u dont mind)

@Newbi: plz let us know how things turn out wit Zackie and possibly prices(if the two of u dont mind)

I did speak to Zakie and he seemd a helpfull sorf of chap.. He suggested a total tuneup along with a diagnostic which would cost aroung slr 5,000.00 plus.. and :blink: also asked him if he could sorta get me a bit more Oomph outa the car without any major modifications.... :blink: and he did say he'd do what he can....

I did speak to Zakie and he seemd a helpfull sorf of chap.. He suggested a total tuneup along with a diagnostic which would cost aroung slr 5,000.00 plus.. and :blink: also asked him if he could sorta get me a bit more Oomph outa the car without any major modifications.... :blink: and he did say he'd do what he can....

whats the car you got bro ?

Why...?? to i-tune da City..?? :blink:

Or just for ur information..?? :blink:

actually zakie has mentioned a few times the tuning potential of the city.. maybe you should speak to z and see what he can do for you isuru...

Yep.. and i havnt seen many tuned Citys in da local drag scene also.. Do u know any Fuzzo..?

Really, wats da reason that there are so many tuned Civics around and not so many Citys (r there any.?)..?? Considering the fact that the City is out there in numbers in the streets and also da fact that it has a decent 1.5l SOHC v-tec engine.. Why are ppl nt so interested in tuning them..?

I remember him also note that you cant do much with auto box...

Yep, all da tourque wasted in vain when internal slippage of da Automatic gear box comes in to play..

please explain.....

Its like this Newbi, A manual gear box has a single clutch to connect/disconnect the engine from the gear box ( and the rest of the drive train..).. Whereas in an automatic gear box there is a number of small clutch plates. When the gear box gets older and worn out these clutches begins to slip on each other (called internal slippage). This slippage causes a loss in engine power/tourque.. ( a portion of engine power is actually wasted at the gear box)..

Other than this, faulty torque converters can also cause power loss..

Because of all these i have devoloped a phobia about automatic transmission.. :P

Im not a real expert on this though, u can always search from other sources about this.. :D

Its like this Newbi, A manual gear box has a single clutch to connect/disconnect the engine from the gear box ( and the rest of the drive train..).. Whereas in an automatic gear box there is a number of small clutch plates. When the gear box gets older and worn out these clutches begins to slip on each other (called internal slippage). This slippage causes a loss in engine power/tourque.. ( a portion of engine power is actually wasted at the gear box)..

Other than this, faulty torque converters can also cause power loss..

Because of all these i have devoloped a phobia about automatic transmission.. :D

Im not a real expert on this though, u can always search from other sources about this.. :(

dat was well explained, but the thing is u ride wit me everyday(almost), but u never explained in this detail as to y u have da phorbia :P

I remember him also note that you cant do much with auto box...

true Zackie told me dat, wit da Auto tranny the 0-60 improvement will be 1 second max... but wit man tranny potential is so much better.

I am definitely planning to go i-Tuned , but i want to wait till my Auto GB wreck... @ this rate it should soon :)

---

BTW that friend of mine who has the Manual non vtec beat me twice, again proving the curse of having a Auto tranny :(

dat was well explained, but the thing is u ride wit me everyday(almost), but u never explained in this detail as to y u have da phorbia :P

true Zackie told me dat, wit da Auto tranny the 0-60 improvement will be 1 second max... but wit man tranny potential is so much better.

I am definitely planning to go i-Tuned , but i want to wait till my Auto GB wreck... @ this rate it should soon :D

---

BTW that friend of mine who has the Manual non vtec beat me twice, again proving the curse of having a Auto tranny :)

lol... I always beat the sh*t out of my friend whose got a auto civic 2001 model v-tec with just my twin carb eg... he he.. this is not something to brag but it's fun... :(

One second can be about 3 cars lengths on a 1/4 mile. A one second improvement on 0-60 in very BIG. he he what kind of difference were you expecting on 0-100 3 seconds?? 5 seconds??

lol... I always beat the sh*t out of my friend whose got a auto civic 2001 model v-tec with my twin carb eg... he he.. this is not something to brag but it's fun... :P

Remember the Altezza drags??

One second can be about 3 cars lengths on a 1/4 mile. A one second improvement on 0-60 in very BIG. he he what kind of difference were you expecting on 0-100 3 seconds?? 5 seconds??

if 1 sec is BIG 2secs is even bigger... man tranny + i-tuned ~ 2 secs...

besides i took da words right out of the guru's mouth....

BTW say for a typical VTEC civic u do a i-Tuned conversion, by how many second d u reckon 0-60(mph) will improve?

if 1 sec is BIG 2secs is even bigger... man tranny + i-tuned ~ 2 secs...

besides i took da words right out of the guru's mouth....

BTW say for a typical VTEC civic u do a i-Tuned conversion, by how many second d u reckon 0-60(mph) will improve?

Too many factors to say for sure.. depends on the car, it's condition, tunning setup, mods etc etc

This is going OT boys.

Yep.. maybe a move out to another thread?

:P

I did speak to Zakie and he seemd a helpfull sorf of chap.. He suggested a total tuneup along with a diagnostic which would cost aroung slr 5,000.00 plus.. and :rolleyes: also asked him if he could sorta get me a bit more Oomph outa the car without any major modifications.... :action-smiley-060: and he did say he'd do what he can....

Tnx 4 info. yah he's very humble...

wow... nice car...

how's the car ? I havent ridden one...

Thanks dragster

Well the car is ok....compared to the 1.3 baleno :action-smiley-060: i used to drive but a shit load compared to the 4.2l V6 ford fairlane I used to drive.....lol :rolleyes: The space...Power...the feel....was bloody marvellous....but of course it was about 10 years old and pretty heavy.. sooo could not have had a good 0-60 times.)

Anyway all in all it does have enough power to enjoy the drive but it does feel a bit scary once you go over the 130km mark... feels like you could loose control easily....