• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Gasket faliure

Kasangaki

Question

2 answers to this question

Please as all related questions in one thread, rather than several threads. 

You can't just blindly replace parts  and expect things to go back to  normal. If you have an overheating issue you need to investigate and eliminate causes starting from the smallest one. This applies to anything. 

So... Do your cooling fans work properly? Do they work on high speed when AC is on or when the engine is warm? Is your radiator clogged? Is your thermostat of the correct temperature rating and does it work? Does your water pump work at adequate pressure? Is there any additional load on your engine that might be causing it to overheat (example: binding AC compressor). 

If there is a gasket leak, you should notice a slight drop in coolant level. Also bubbles appearing in the coolant when you look at it through the radiator filler neck. 

• Like 1

Please as all related questions in one thread, rather than several threads. 
You can't just blindly replace parts  and expect things to go back to  normal. If you have an overheating issue you need to investigate and eliminate causes starting from the smallest one. This applies to anything. 
So... Do your cooling fans work properly? Do they work on high speed when AC is on or when the engine is warm? Is your radiator clogged? Is your thermostat of the correct temperature rating and does it work? Does your water pump work at adequate pressure? Is there any additional load on your engine that might be causing it to overheat (example: binding AC compressor). 
If there is a gasket leak, you should notice a slight drop in coolant level. Also bubbles appearing in the coolant when you look at it through the radiator filler neck. 

Hi, can you suggest a proper, professional who I can show my vehicle as I'm also having the same problem.. I'm situated in Wattala