• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Good brand new hatchbacks under 5,000,000

ManualPreferred

Question

8 answers to this question

54 minutes ago, ManualPreferred said:

Audi A1 S-line 2017 but it's 1000cc. Something more powerful would be nice. 

1.0TFSI A1 S-line with 95PS is only slightly underpowered than the Q2 with 116PS.

You would be able to increase the power upto 30% with a plu and play Chptuning box from Germany(about Rs:80k budget).

But they should be equally fast,considering the Power to weight ratios.

Did you also check the Q2?

1 hour ago, ManualPreferred said:

Hi, 

I'm looking for a smart, brand new hatchback under 5 million (or maybe a little higher). Something smart for a lady, manual preferred. Any suggestions? I like the Audi A1 S-line 2017 but it's 1000cc. Something more powerful would be nice. 

Thank you! 

Some thing more powerful will require a higher capacity engine.

This will increase the duty payable which will be substantial portion of your budget.

You will not be able to buy a decent car

I think the most powerful and smallest displacement( 1000CC) Engine at the moment is from the Q2(116HP,200Nm),even Toyota CHR needs a 1.2 Engine to get similar  power(114HP,185Nm).  But some of the Power addition will be consumed by the additional weight of Q2 compared to the A1 ,since both  have  0-100kmph time  10.x Sec in comparison to the C-HR(11.4S).

Edited by ajm
update

Unsure the new swift sport turbo price bracket but definitely more fun to drive than the previous model and the most in the class.

Handling corners not good as euro models and the plastic is always an issue (build quality) BUT

Engine torque output, which is of significant importance in everyday motoring, sees a huge improvement. The BoosterJet power unit produces 230 Nm of torque and 237Nm torque :o

come with manual or CVT have a look if you able to source a one around your price range.

regards,

JC

3 hours ago, john cooper said:

Unsure the new swift sport turbo price bracket but definitely more fun to drive than the previous model and the most in the class.

Handling corners not good as euro models and the plastic is always an issue (build quality) BUT

Engine torque output, which is of significant importance in everyday motoring, sees a huge improvement. The BoosterJet power unit produces 230 Nm of torque and 237Nm torque :o

come with manual or CVT have a look if you able to source a one around your price range.

regards,

JC

I think the Swift SPORTS will be hard for that budget....in Japan it runs at about 2mil yen so when you add taxes and importer margins it might get more closer towards 6.

Now for the record..I am referring to the actual Swift SPORTS; which is the actual 1.4L sports model/variant of the Swift spec'd to be a mild little hot, sporty hatch. NOT the RS, which is just a trim/grade level with some sporty accessories or the RSt which is the down sized Turbo that falls in between the two.

RSt will be less than Rs. 4.5 Mn. has good performance / economy combination generously equipped

Only downside is the interior is full of black hard plastic. But this is the case with most of the cars in this price bracket.

21 hours ago, ManualPreferred said:

Hi, 

I'm looking for a smart, brand new hatchback under 5 million (or maybe a little higher). Something smart for a lady, manual preferred. Any suggestions? I like the Audi A1 S-line 2017 but it's 1000cc. Something more powerful would be nice. 

Thank you! 

just looking at the engine capacity/ turbo or NA/maximum power, it is really difficult to say that a particular car meats our requirement related to power.

the best way is to drive and feel it.

if you want more theoretical proofs to verify what you feel, then you should analyse all following things.

1. Torque/weight unit vs RPM curve 

2. gear ratios as how quickly you can move to higher power band, how long you can stay in that band.

if someone tries to get an idea just looking at the HP rating (maximum power), it is completely useless.

if you understood this, when someone says this car produce 130hp and the other one produce only 110hp, you can just smile and ignore it.

yes,if you are not in to the Test drive stage yet,you can compare above things.

(Thanks to our retarded tax structure,comparing the highest Torque/HP with the smallest Engine is a good filter to start with,but of course Test drive is the best way when you reduce your choice to a few modells)

Edited by ajm