• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Branded reverse cam with a wider viewing Angle

Sadik

Guys,

I feel that the current reverse cam in my Monty ( 2013 -4M41) , seems to have a rather narrow viewing angle to that of my previous X-trail. Monty was bought used and the reverse cam was installed by the previous owner which i think is a Chinese contraption coupled to a 5" viewing monitor mounted near the top right end of the WS. 

Can anyone suggest a branded reverse cam (with a wide viewing angle)  , and also can  there be a possibility of  an incompatibility issue with the current generic monitor ? 

Get a branded head unit, and a newer camera oem spec camera which fits in the reverse light or to the oem slot, for the right dimensions, not the local drill type, mount it in the oem slot, should be on the spare wheel trim, that gives you a fisheye look where u see the edge of the rear bumper, but not both the side margins. just the outer margin of the center fading away to the edge of the screen. 

Edited by tiv

This is the camera which i use on a 8 inch head unit screen.  Looks way better than the OEM camera image which was displayed on the factory 5 inch screen.  Also this has moving guide lines and wide view.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Factory-supply-good-quality-170-Degree-Dynamic-trajectory-Rear-view-Camera-Best-day-and-night-vision/32729082164.html?spm=2114.10010108.1000023.14.9be87ee9Pcfe6Y

• Like 1

7 hours ago, JayZ said:

This is the camera which i use on a 8 inch head unit screen.  Looks way better than the OEM camera image which was displayed on the factory 5 inch screen.  Also this has moving guide lines and wide view.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Factory-supply-good-quality-170-Degree-Dynamic-trajectory-Rear-view-Camera-Best-day-and-night-vision/32729082164.html?spm=2114.10010108.1000023.14.9be87ee9Pcfe6Y

I am intrigued as to how the lines move as these vehicles do not have steering input and telemetry, is it accurate? does it shift as you steer or does it point to the vacant spot

• Like 1

No this does not have an input from OBD port to get steering angel.  And not as accurate as the one with 360 systems with dynamic guide lines.  It has some motion sensor LEDs and trajectory is calculated based on the vehicle movement. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Gentlemen,  I went with Jay Z's suggestion &  as on paper that looked the best solution of all at the right price. Any of you would care to recommend me a good place for an installation? Does Sun Lanka handle these kind of repairs where third party cam installations are involved?

18 minutes ago, Sadik said:

Gentlemen,  I went with Jay Z's suggestion &  as on paper that looked the best solution of all at the right price. Any of you would care to recommend me a good place for an installation? Does Sun Lanka handle these kind of repairs where third party cam installations are involved?

In which area you are looking to get this installation done? 

I know a decent guy around Maharagama who does a good job in installing. He even has these High Res cams in stock. So you would save some time than getting through AliExp.

Hi Jay Z,

Maharagama is OK. Would you mind sharing his contact details. On a side note the cam was delivered last friday , a mere 6 day transit which i must say is quite fast for Aliexpress. :) 

Thanks a lot for the support

2 hours ago, Sadik said:

Hi Jay Z,

Maharagama is OK. Would you mind sharing his contact details. On a side note the cam was delivered last friday , a mere 6 day transit which i must say is quite fast for Aliexpress. :) 

Thanks a lot for the support

PM'd you the #.

• Thanks 1