• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Wagon R 2018 or Spacia 2018

Dima25

Hi guys

I'm planning to buy a new car, the Spacia 2018 or the Wagon R 2018. Unfortunately alot of people does not have a good idea about the Spacia.

What will be the better choice between these two models on especially Comfort and Fuel Consumption aspects.

Thank you in advance,

Dima25

Welcome :)

For the most part the Wagon R and Spacia are pretty much the same underneath....it has the same power/drive train and even most of the suspension setup is the same (not sure if the parts are interchangeable but the design is the sane neh ?).

When it comes to Kei cars (from a particular manufacturer), underneath it is the same car/platform and the difference in models becomes purely a difference in purpose. So its kind of like the same car with a different body to suit a different purpose or market (so it will be configured as such too).

The Wagon R is a compact hatch back, the Spacia is more of a mini wagon/MPV kind of a configuration if you need more space. They are both have a similar fuel consumption rating but I suppose you could expect the Spacia to be a bit thirstier on fuel since it is slightly heavier and the aerodynamics don't necessarily work in its favor. This would also relate a bit to how the car drives...so the Spacia could be, and people do claim it to be, a bit slow and pudgy to the feel (which is expected considering what it has been designed for and how it has been configured). The Wagon R is not that much different. The Hybrid motor does give a bit of a short-lived oomph but after that it runs out of puff quite quick. If you can afford to...try to get the Turbo variant of the Spacia....that would liven things up a little bit :)

There was another thread with someone considering the same thing as you....I think you will find a lot more info there about what the guy found out during his hunt.

• Like 1

Thank you very much sir for the very quick and detailed description ☺️.

Unfortunately I dont think i will be able to go for the Turbo variant.

I just looked into the thread you mentioned as well. So it seems to me the Spacia has the edge over the Wagon R in terms of Comfort and Options and the Wagon R has a slight edge over fuel consumption. Maybe the Spacia has improved its fuel efficiency from the 2017 model to 2018 model due to the new Mild Hybrid System ?. I have 2 questions.

1. Will there be a significant drop in the resale value of the Spacia?

2. Anyone knows the actual fuel consumption of the Spacia?

Thanks in advance,

Dima25

1 hour ago, Dima25 said:

This would be difficult to say. Already the 'resale at a profit' aspect is slowly dying out in SL. But we honestly can't say specially with new models - in future if there is some model-related issues that come up (after the vehicles have matured in SL) there could be a drop in resale value. No one can predict it. And it's a risk you have to take.  I'd say you shouldn't consider it too much since there's nothing you can do about it and go ahead and pick the vehicle that suits your needs. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, matroska said:

Already the 'resale at a profit' aspect is slowly dying out in SL. But we honestly can't say specially with new models - in future if there is some model-related issues that come up (after the vehicles have matured in SL) there could be a drop in resale value. No one can predict it. And it's a risk you have to take.

This is true! Thank you very much for your comment sir.

8 hours ago, Dima25 said:

Thank you very much sir for the very quick and detailed description ☺️.

Unfortunately I dont think i will be able to go for the Turbo variant.

I just looked into the thread you mentioned as well. So it seems to me the Spacia has the edge over the Wagon R in terms of Comfort and Options and the Wagon R has a slight edge over fuel consumption. Maybe the Spacia has improved its fuel efficiency from the 2017 model to 2018 model due to the new Mild Hybrid System ?. I have 2 questions.

2. Anyone knows the actual fuel consumption of the Spacia?

Thanks in advance,

Dima25

Yes to your observations....the new Spacia could have slightly better real-world fuel consumption. No idea....but to be honest...I seriously doubt the difference would be that much between the two cars.

Resale value is hard to say as matroska stated. The thing is if the Spacia has higher depreciation (i.e.  higher drop in percentage points on the sales price) than the Wagon R; then it simply means that you just have to use it a bit more so you can justify the higher depreciation or account the marginal increase in depreciation as the cost of the additional features you get over the Wagon R.

• 2 years later...
  • 2 years later...