• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

:: Gunners Super Cross On 9'th July 2006

MADZ

thanks malcom , need to do some work on the cars first, will find out the entry list and keep you posted

i heard last nte tht aravnda runing his evo with noz fr this race. can sum1 tell me if wht i heard is true. Darin may be u knw abt this? if so iam sure he wil be untouchable by any1 on d trak. :action-smiley-035:

i heard last nte tht aravnda runing his evo with noz fr this race. can sum1 tell me if wht i heard is true. Darin may be u knw abt this? if so iam sure he wil be untouchable by any1 on d trak. :action-smiley-035:

Yes , i can confirm that Aravinda will be runnig NOS in his evo, the super car event will be very interesting.

Will take my camera but praveen dont expect me to take amazing pictures cause unlike you and madz i aint a PRO with a camera. :)

Will take my camera but praveen dont expect me to take amazing pictures cause unlike you and madz i aint a PRO with a camera. :)

Don't worry dude, I aint a pro, its just a hobby. If I was a pro, someone would have to be paying me to do it :D

Funny thing was, the Lake house bugger taking pics near me at Katu thought I was getting paid. I think he found it incomprehesible that I would stand around in the sun for hours taking pics and I wasn't getting paid for it :action-smiley-035:

Yes , i can confirm that Aravinda will be runnig NOS in his evo, the super car event will be very interesting.

Will take my camera but praveen dont expect me to take amazing pictures cause unlike you and madz i aint a PRO with a camera. :action-smiley-035:

thnx darin.nw iam thninkng of makng tht 200km all d way2 minneriya on sundy morng just 2c supr car evnt as this tme around we can see mivec turbo dinesh in full swing against with aravnda NOZ combinaton.

Well I have a different opinion about running NOS in competition.Especially in SL.Thats the last trump and the most desperate move in racing I belive.What you guys think of it?Please post your view about it and please do not make this a window to sling mud at others especially Aravinda or make bad comments.

Anyways I guess Aravinda is going to give Dineshs' unstoppable EVO9 a run for his money and spectators a moneyworth battle.

Well I have a different opinion about running NOS in competition.Especially in SL.Thats the last trump and the most desperate move in racing I belive.What you guys think of it?Please post your view about it and please do not make this a window to sling mud at others especially Aravinda or make bad comments.

Anyways I guess Aravinda is going to give Dineshs' unstoppable EVO9 a run for his money and spectators a moneyworth battle.

With all due respect, Miniace, there is nothing wrong with running Nitrous Oxide in Sri Lanka. It is a perfectly legitimate and cheap method of gaining more power out of your engine. When compared to the money required for a purely high-performance engine setup, you'll find that a Nitrous Oxide System is far cheaper and far more effective. Can you then blame a racing driver for wanting Nitrous in order to be more competitive?

As per the SLAS Sporting regulations, Nitrous is legal in Group A and even in GT. When you have competitive racing drivers fighting for a championship, it is surely understandable that they look at every available avenue in terms of performance gains.

It is very unfair for you to call it a desperate move and it is also unfair when people castigate Dinesh when he gets something hot down for his cars. I've said it before and I'll say it again - props to those that push the envelope! If you do something different/spend your money to be the fastest, I admire your will to compete.

Of course, pure tuners would rather gain all that horsepower from conventional tuning wizardry but screw all those romantic notions. A racing driver isn't an engine tuner, wants to be competitive, and as per the rules, competitive he shall be. Of course it remains to be seen whether the Zex wet kit helps AP out, but I don't think he is wrong in doing it.

As for this weekend, and the championship, may the best man win. Both are good racing drivers with fast cars and it should be a good battle.

Here is the Qualifying results of Super Car Event

1. Janaka Dias - Subaru WRX 2000cc

2. Dinesh Deheragoda - Mitsubishi Evo 9 2000cc

3. Aravinda Premadasa - Mitsubishi Evo 7 2000cc With NOS

4. Nalin Dilipriya - Subaru STI 2000cc

5. Reyaz Farook - Mitsubishi Evo 7 2000cc

I will update the their timings soon as i receive them.

Here are the best times shown by supercar competitators.

1. Janaka Dias 0:57.397

2. Dinesh Deheragoda 0:57.898

3. Aravinda Premadasa 0:58.279

4. Nalin D. Perera 0:58.863

5. Reyaz Farook 0:59.489

6. Kanchana Ratnayake 1:03.296

7. Mario Dias 1:03.668

8. Shantha Suraweera 1:04.115

WRX...need i say more?

hahaha! shark had to wait quite some time to be able to say that.. hehehee! but this is i guess one rare occasion that a Subaru was able to outdo a Evo... i am curious as to HOW this was possible though....

As for using Nos, is a gravel track the best place to use NOS????????? cos come on, we see wheel-spin on cars without NOS... so i'm thinking NOs would in fact reduce the traction on a car.... and from what i know you'd need a long stretch for the advantage of NOS to show. If you're gonna pump in NOs, move 150m then slam on the brakes to take a corner you really dont have an advantage....

What do you guys think?

Hello Miniature Ace! Nice to see you back in action with your posts.. No the members of autolanka are better than that- they don't need your windows or doors to make a statement he he..

I really don't understand how doing something to go faster can be a 'last desperate' move. Now really, if its an open event-where everything goes how can a little thing like Nitrous be bad? I mean it costs under 100k for sure and the wet zex kit is freely available to everyone, its also reasonably easy to use and install.

When you compare Nitrous to other means of going quicker like a dog box upgrade, larger turbo, ecu, expert tuners, anti-lag and engine management systems, etc etc or even buying a new/ latest race car every season, Nitrous really seems dwarfed into being a 'poor mans' upgrade lol! So hopefully we will see more Sri Lankan Drivers using it in the future!

Well best of luck to Aravinda and Dinesh tomorrow! Hope they have a party with Janka Dias being the gate crasher :D lol! Anyway I don't think the Gunners track will cater to a hp battle like Katu- so the racing will be tooth and nail for sure.

PS: NOS is just a brand name. OT- but me remembers a certain thread from the old forum:ahh the gossip!

http://www.autolanka.com/DiscView.asp?mid=9774&forum_id=7&

It was really fun there at Minneriya today!

Janaka won both GT races with Dinesh second! Mind you after many years it was really hot ,the GT event.

To start with Aravinda Dinesh collission.It looked like Aravinda ran slower than his normal pace and Dinesh collided with him at the fast down slope when tried to overtake the EVO7.Dinesh went hard on brakes to avoid the contact but the fully locked brakes didnt help him at all when for an unknown reason AP braked hard and early at the corner.The side impact took AP over the tire wall.

Then on the second race Aravinda was chasing Dinesh hard.AP went out of control narrowly escaped Evo9 and and collided with Nalin.The Dilpriya Sti7 was very badly damaged.You all must see the television replays! It was hot,fun and thrilling!

Results of Super Car Event as follows

Race 1

1. Janaka Dias

2. Dinesh Deheragoda

3. Nalin Dilipriya

4. Reyaz Farook

5. Kanchana Rathnayaka

6. Mario Dias

Race 2

1. Janaka Dias

2. Dinesh Deheragoda

3. Aravinda Premadasa

4. Reyaz Farook

5. Kanchana Rathnayaka

6. Mario Dias

Anybody has taken pics of this race ?

To start with Aravinda Dinesh collission.It looked like Aravinda ran slower than his normal pace and Dinesh collided with him at the fast down slope when tried to overtake the EVO7.Dinesh went hard on brakes to avoid the contact but the fully locked brakes didnt help him at all when for an unknown reason AP braked hard and early at the corner.The side impact took AP over the tire wall.

Then on the second race Aravinda was chasing Dinesh hard.AP went out of control narrowly escaped Evo9 and and collided with Nalin.The Dilpriya Sti7 was very badly damaged.You all must see the television replays! It was hot,fun and thrilling!

Unknown? Wasn't this thrashed to death after a very wet Katu race? Its called trying to control the pace of the race.

Too bad, sounds interesting. And to think I was cursing all kinds of characters while tramping around Horton Plains at the time..... Musta been mad to miss this.

Edited by Pericles

Results of Super Car Event as follows

Race 1

1. Janaka Dias

2. Dinesh Deheragoda

3. Nalin Dilipriya

4. Reyaz Farook

5. Kanchana Rathnayaka

6. Mario Dias

Race 2

1. Janaka Dias

2. Dinesh Deheragoda

3. Aravinda Premadasa

4. Reyaz Farook

5. Kanchana Rathnayaka

6. Mario Dias

Anybody has taken pics of this race ?

It's nice to see that young tallented guys like "Janaka Dias" giving rest of the experienced racing drivers a good battle in the super car event. I'm sure he will do very well in the coming years as well....Behalf of Autolanka we wish him all the very best for his racing carrier!!