• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Fake auction sheet (photos attached)

SriLankan123

I was trying to buy an unregistered Axio Hybrid after seeing an online advertisement. I asked the seller to send me the documents, including the auction sheet. I already had a login to a Japanese auction site and found the real auction sheet with great effort. It turns out that the auction sheet the seller sent me was FAKE! They had even changed the lot number on the sheet so that it is not easy to find the real auction sheet.

Both sheets are attached. It's a gold colour Axio Hybrid, 2015 model. Please beware!

dyJ2O5ZGYxX3QVB8ZRJRCaL3N6v2PvldnTArkFGaak.jpg

real_dyJ2O5ZGYxX3QVB8ZRJRCaL3N6v2PvldnTArkFGaak.jpeg

20 hours ago, SriLankan123 said:
I was trying to buy an unregistered Axio Hybrid after seeing an online advertisement. I asked the seller to send me the documents, including the auction sheet. I already had a login to a Japanese auction site and found the real auction sheet with great effort. It turns out that the auction sheet the seller sent me was FAKE! They had even changed the lot number on the sheet so that it is not easy to find the real auction sheet. Both sheets are attached. It's a gold colour Axio Hybrid, 2015 model. Please beware!dyJ2O5ZGYxX3QVB8ZRJRCaL3N6v2PvldnTArkFGaak.thumb.jpg.4fd34146fb7ff886a1c4cd387d309baa.jpgreal_dyJ2O5ZGYxX3QVB8ZRJRCaL3N6v2PvldnTArkFGaak.thumb.jpeg.9f4c3716b90e6650038d8b168a4489e9.jpeg

I can see differences in the lot no., Overall auction grade, interior rating, exterior rating, and few repair spots. I'm surprised, they didn't change the Mileage. 

May be that 'Mudalali' wanted to earn some quick money.

I'm wondering a situation that if we can't verify auction sheets using such web services, these sellers may become Kings of Sri Lanka.

Anyhow they will be selling that car to another unsuspecting buyer.

If the car is offered at a correct price considering that auction grades 4/C/A, i never mind in buying.

Edited by gNaveendra
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, Davy said:

Did you confront the seller and take action? 

I emailed him the correct certificate. He basically said that it was the supplier's fault. I don't really trust that since he should have done due-diligence before opening the LC. Didn't want to take that any further...

6 hours ago, gNaveendra said:

I can see differences in the lot no., Overall auction grade, interior rating, exterior rating, and few repair spots. I'm surprised, they didn't change the Mileage. 

May be that 'Mudalali' wanted to earn some quick money.

I'm wondering a situation that if we can't verify auction sheets using such web services, these sellers may become Kings of Sri Lanka.

Anyhow they will be selling that car to another unsuspecting buyer.

If the car is offered at a correct price considering that auction grades 4/C/A, i never mind in buying.

The car is still advertised on i**an(dot)lk for LKR 5,550,000. It's a 2015 model, gold color Axio Hybrid. I'm not sure whether the price is fair because, according to the original sheet, there seems to be a chip on the windscreen. Probably not easy to spot with a normal inspection one does before buying a car.

3 hours ago, SriLankan123 said:

I emailed him the correct certificate. He basically said that it was the supplier's fault. I don't really trust that since he should have done due-diligence before opening the LC. Didn't want to take that any further...

This is one of the reasons why crooks like this still do these things. At least report that ad on the website so that they take it down. And post your findings on the Consumer Affairs Authority Facebook group so that they will look into it. That's the least you can do. 

5 hours ago, SriLankan123 said:

The car is still advertised on i**an(dot)lk for LKR 5,550,000. It's a 2015 model, gold color Axio Hybrid. I'm not sure whether the price is fair because, according to the original sheet, there seems to be a chip on the windscreen. Probably not easy to spot with a normal inspection one does before buying a car.

Source: Interpretation of japan auction sheetimage.png.b0e2e41b54cb893a2ff0dfd0efb37023.png

1 hour ago, Davy said:

This is one of the reasons why crooks like this still do these things. At least report that ad on the website so that they take it down. And post your findings on the Consumer Affairs Authority Facebook group so that they will look into it. That's the least you can do. 

Links (to help the OP):

Consumer complaints

fb page for Consumer Association of SL

Edited by gNaveendra
  • Like 1

• 3 years later...