• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

What Is The Best Suv In Sri Lanka?

Gummybr

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm confused.. machan, your adding some vehicles and removing others on various factors.. a SUV in the first place isnt a 'serious off-roader'... from what you have been posting so fat you are looking for more a big-jeep..... not a SUV.. cos vehicles like the "Suzuki Grand Vitara, Nissan X-Trail, Toyota RAV-4, Pajero IO, Land Rover Freelander, Mitsubishi Outlander" are the true definition of SUVs..

and as for the defender, well yeah, it can carry a lot of people, but how many defenders do you see parked in a parking lot of a Supermarket or mall....

Hey I'm not looking for a big Jeep.

Sorry you are correct. Therefore I'll define my subject as rather big (not seriously big) 4X4's with significient off road ability.

As far as the Defender goes, its my favourite as a road or a off road vehicle goes cos of its major presence. Well you may not see so much of Defenders parked in Supermarkets or Malls, but hey check out how many Defenders are on the road in Colombo.

Also you should consider the fact that there will be more Defenders on the road if not for the price cos there are so many Defender lovers in Sri Lanka who cannot afford Defenders due to the price being well over 12 million bucks.

So can we move on from this?

Hey I'm not looking for a big Jeep.

Sorry you are correct. Therefore I'll define my subject as rather big (not seriously big) 4X4's with significient off road ability.

As far as the Defender goes, its my favourite as a road or a off road vehicle goes cos of its major presence. Well you may not see so much of Defenders parked in Supermarkets or Malls, but hey check out how many Defenders are on the road in Colombo.

Also you should consider the fact that there will be more Defenders on the road if not for the price cos there are so many Defender lovers in Sri Lanka who cannot afford Defenders due to the price being well over 12 million bucks.

So can we move on from this?

ya man.. i'ma huge Defender fan myself... wow.. 12 mill.... last time i checked (wuite a while ago) it was around 7 mill.. and i thought THAT was expensive...

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah SUVs used to be the small soft roaders but now all "Offroaders" if you can call them that anymore.

I'm not a SUV fan but if I did have an estate out station it would make sense I guess.

For everyday use in Sri Lanka I'd choose a Forester Turbo :) or if I was V rich a Range Rover V8 super charged :D (not the sport).

Here's one to dream about though. Lambo LM concept. 6.0 V12 from the Murc. And the old one 5.0 V12 from the Countach!!!! This was nicknamed RamboLambo this was at the height of Sly Stallones era ;)

http://img423.imageshack.us/my.php?image=lambo1cq9.jpg

http://img423.imageshack.us/my.php?image=lm002zt4.jpg

http://img423.imageshack.us/my.php?image=002tq9.jpg

As a bachelor with a 4x4 bias, I find my Suzuki Jimny quite practical here in the SL.

However, if you are into fast driving, don't even think about it. It's not very stable beyond 100-120 kmph unless the road is really smooth, and the center of gravity is high for fast conering.

Having said that, the Jimny handles very well at daytime speeds in Colombo (usually 60-90) with good acceleration. I can't say much about fuel economy with my not-so-uncommon gear upshifts between 4000-5000 RPM. :)

people!!!

ma father is about 2 buy a pardo or a fortuner!!!

can any1 shed some light on it!!!

the advantages and the disadvan!!!AND THE PRICE!!!!whoa.the most important 1 the power!!!!!

Why chose between the Prado and a fortuner?? Why no Montero, Patrol or G. Cherokee or for that matter a Discovery3????

Ok here are the facts, Bear in mind that these are brand new prices.

Prado 2700cc Petrol

160+bhp

Fanric seats + dual A/C

Rs. 9,400,000.00 Including VAT

Availability mid August

Prado 4000cc Petrol

236bhp

Leather + Auto

Rs. 13,700,000.00 Including VAT

Availability mid August

Fortuner 2700cc

118kW

4 speed auto

Thailand made

around Rs. 8,000,000.00

Patrol 4.8litre petrol

price rs. 10,750,000/=

Leather and all but manual.

You have to order

Montero 3.6litre V6

Price around Rs. 9,900,000/=

Ex-stock.

Grand Cherokee 4.7litre

167kW

price around Rs. 10,000,000/= + for base spec

should be in stock

Discovery 3 4.0V6

216bhp

Rs. 12,500,000/=

Leather Auto

August arrivals

re con should be quite cheep though. check them out as well.

Machan check out on all these if you are looking at brand new.

Anything on the last vehicle mentioned I can help you out..

Discovery 3 4.0V6

216bhp

Rs. 12,500,000/=

Leather Auto

August arrivals

re con should be quite cheep though. check them out as well.

Machan check out on all these if you are looking at brand new.

Anything on the last vehicle mentioned I can help you out..

How much is a brand new Freelander these days?

How much is a brand new Freelander these days?

If you are interested in the current model its Rs. 7,500,000/= (including VAT) for the 1800cc with leather.

But if you are really interested in the newer version you'll have to wait till March next year for the petrol.

Thats a major improvement on the existing one... price yet to be announced, but guaranteed to be bigger more powerful, more greener & more fuel efficient.

Try the following

Freelander2

checked out the fortuner 2day

looks nice,but its expensive isnt it.......

but dad's thinking of selling the 2 vans and buying 1 of these..

looks superb i hope its reliable...dnt want 2 visit toyota showroom everytime other than the services...

My neighbour who is in UAE has done a test drive in the Fortuner, as to him he was not satisfied with the conering of it. If you are interested in this I'll get more details of the test drive.

If you are interested in the current model its Rs. 7,500,000/= (including VAT) for the 1800cc with leather.

But if you are really interested in the newer version you'll have to wait till March next year for the petrol.

Thats a major improvement on the existing one... price yet to be announced, but guaranteed to be bigger more powerful, more greener & more fuel efficient.

Try the following

Freelander2

Thanks machan.

• 2 months later...

hey Hola dude!

all of them are SUVs! starting from Suzuki Jimny and Daihatsu Terios, all the way up to Cadillac Escalade and Hummer H1

and guys (and gals if there are any posting)

how do you decide what the "best" SUV is? there are a whole range of SUVs out there and they all have their own features and characteristics.

while some are tough off-roaders but not do not handle the black-top very well, others can do 225Km/h on highway but will find it difficult to go over a 6inch high obstacle off-road. And then there are so many SUVs which are compromises between these two.

it is matter of what YOU want your SUV to do and how it does the job, as such there is no ultimate best SUV out there.

everready....lol .... <_<

I had the opportunity to checkout the new Range Rover sport owned by p.nanayakkara... he has two of those and man that's a bloody nice ride...

I think it has to fall under an SUV since the interior and the whole "experience" is far away from a true offroader... It had low profile tyres for starters B)

I guess there is no category called jeeps anymore.

as you all know, "jeep" was derived from "G.P." which stands for "General Purpose" vehicles built for the military - like the legendary Willys.

the closest you may find for a jeep these days would be Jeep Wrangler or Landrover D90, but they are nothing like the original G.P.s

I had the opportunity to checkout the new Range Rover sport owned by p.nanayakkara... he has two of those and man that's a bloody nice ride...

I think it has to fall under an SUV since the interior and the whole "experience" is far away from a true offroader... It had low profile tyres for starters :alc:

Hey p.nanayakkara has only a RR06. Yep its a damn nice vehicle. If you want to see the performance of the Range you gotta drive it and see..

Hey p.nanayakkara has only a RR06. Yep its a damn nice vehicle. If you want to see the performance of the Range you gotta drive it and see..

I work for an ad agency and i shot his jeep for a commercial we were doing for FP motorshow2006. The guy came with two RR's and asked us to choose which one we wanted for our shoot. There was the sport black and another blue. Both are pretty new...the latter being only a few weeks old according to the driver :alc:

:alc:

I work for an ad agency and i shot his jeep for a commercial we were doing for FP motorshow2006. The guy came with two RR's and asked us to choose which one we wanted for our shoot. There was the sport black and another blue. Both are pretty new...the latter being only a few weeks old according to the driver :lol:

Well this OT I know about the sport & the RR. They are both completely different & owned by two different ppl, trust me on this cos I work for the company & I have had the honour of selling one of these machines myself. Also both vehicles are black & one vehicle the sport was bought there by my superiors driver / maybe him. Pls get your facts right do not go with what ppl want you to believe is true. In fact I shall go the extra mile and say that I'm the one who sent both vehicles to you for shooting. :(

And Hola I do think so too. but should leave that to the administrators