• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Fuel Strike Back On?

fuzzo

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hey guy's just saw long que's at every petrol station from katunayaka to mount any idea why? is the strike back on? :D

I think they are trying to fill up the tank be4 fuel price increase....Lanka IOC increasing petrol and diesel prices by 5 rupees from tonight onwards!!

90 octane ---> 98 rupees

95 octane ---> 101 rupees

diesel ---> 66

;)

hey guy's just saw long que's at every petrol station from katunayaka to mount any idea why? is the strike back on? ;)

agitha im afraid we're going to have to change that avatar to something a little more friendly...there's a lot of young folk on the forums and i mean that in the nicest possibly way...

cheers

I think they are trying to fill up the tank be4 fuel price increase....Lanka IOC increasing petrol and diesel prices by 5 rupees from tonight onwards!!

90 octane ---> 98 rupees

95 octane ---> 101 rupees

diesel ---> 66

;)

wtf!!!?? seriously bro, the prices are to be increased from tonight onwards.. god damn.. i d better get ma vandiya and head to the queue.. sheesh.. guess i wont be running around from now on much sniff.. :-( . Any suggestions as a substitute or addition to petrol to make running around cheaper? I have heard of vegetable oil/thinner being used but its way way costlier!

Zz

We should start a "Autolanka reserch center for Subsitutue fuels"...If the goverment is not doing anything... What hapened to the suger cane fuel thingy in SL? All myths....

Hail Chinthana!!

it's only IOC.. CEYPETCO stands the same price...

by the way there's this gadget available here in SL that will give you more fuel economy... but I cant tell you the place to get it as it's against forum rules...

it's only IOC.. CEYPETCO stands the same price...

by the way there's this gadget available here in SL that will give you more fuel economy... but I cant tell you the place to get it as it's against forum rules...

But will this gadget decrease the performance?

We should start a "Autolanka reserch center for Subsitutue fuels"...If the goverment is not doing anything... What hapened to the suger cane fuel thingy in SL? All myths....

Hail Chinthana!!

Are you for real B) The government won't do anything, they're not a bunch of scientists (what are they anyway?) The project sugarcane-ethanol is not a myth, I can tell you for certain that it is being researched at Katubedda uni. However, my friend that will take years to research. That too thanks to lack of impetus from higher authority. You can't come up with a solution for engine fuel overnight, unless you want your engine going boom, ala Tintin and the Land of black gold B)

Praise Satan!!

wtf!!! IOCs gonna have increased prices while the rest of the Ceypetco outlets are gonna have the old prices? weird! thought ceypetco kept on jumping with their hands raised at the opportunity of inreasing the prices... I mean ceypetco will be having the normal prices and IOC the higher prices.. Therefore most of the people would obviously visit Ceypetco for their fuel nah? and wouldnt that cause some lack of demand prob to IOC? Sheesh.. I cant put it out in words lmao.. theres some really freaky attached to this..

@ dragster - Hey bro! Could ya PM the name of that device bro? I think the device you mentioned might be some type fuel line cleaner which you have to attached to the cable right? Have seen a add on H**AD paper but is that the one? PM me the name if possible bro.. thanks!

Zz

But will this gadget decrease the performance?

There was a recent report on CNN regarding the use of alternate fuels in Brazil and they seem to be the leading country that uses Suger cane fuel. They are hoping to use this fuel in 80% of all vehicles by 2007/08. I think Sri Lanka can learn a lesson or two from them if the GOV decideds they really want to go on this path for the future of the country. This is also very cheap,pollution freeand on of the best renewable energy sources.

What was really interesting was that leading names such as VW,Ford, etc. etc. have plants in Brazil that are turning out duel fuel vehicles and going into full production of suger cane fuel(sorry, I do not know the correct scientific name) models some of which are already being used by the comman man.

WOW, I cannot wait to see the day we drive on suger in Colombo!

WOW, I cannot wait to see the day we drive on suger in Colombo!

Oh no!

I mean those things are not suppose to be as fast or as powerful as the good old "GASOLINA" :lol:

But yes I also saw the program, they had some other ingredient which they make in Canada also that is being used extensively in North America as a fuel.

What was really interesting was that leading names such as VW,Ford, etc. etc. have plants in Brazil that are turning out duel fuel vehicles and going into full production of suger cane fuel(sorry, I do not know the correct scientific name) models some of which are already being used by the comman man.

As far as I know it's called Ethanol machang. And yea I too can't wait till Sri Lanka doesn't have to rely on imported fuel sources.

On this sugar cane thing.... do we even grow enough sugar for local consumption? Just asking, coz I have no idea. Same question about the veggie oils. Be bad if we end up importing THAT too.

But I guess the planting will increase if it ever becomes economically feasible...

You guys would never believe it if I'd tell you but anyways... a US dude has come up with an innovation which would enable any vehicle to run on WATER, yes.. pure H20.. the only problem being that it would rust the insides of the engine.. therefore requiring some engine modification basically a coat of non-rusting protective paint in the interiors but unfortunately I am unable to provide a source.

A small search via Google would bring out the results :-)

Zz

You guys would never believe it if I'd tell you but anyways... a US dude has come up with an innovation which would enable any vehicle to run on WATER, yes.. pure H20.. the only problem being that it would rust the insides of the engine.. therefore requiring some engine modification basically a coat of non-rusting protective paint in the interiors but unfortunately I am unable to provide a source.

A small search via Google would bring out the results :-)

Zz

They used to run engines on water a hundred years ago. They were called steam engines. I belive u can still find trains that use it :lol:

Just playing. However, interesting point. They manage to minaturize so many things.... minature steam engines, providing feasible power output? hmmm.....

Mmm...we import tons of sugar every month these days.

But I guess the planting will increase if it ever becomes economically feasible...

Then we will be seeing our Petroleum Corporation having thousands of acres of Sugar cane farms.. :lol:

They used to run engines on water a hundred years ago. They were called steam engines. I belive u can still find trains that use it :lol:

Just playing. However, interesting point. They manage to minaturize so many things.... minature steam engines, providing feasible power output? hmmm.....

no no buddy... there aint no steam involved in this thing bro... scientifically speaking it has something to do with the constituents of water.. most of the scientists have been trying to extract H2 (from water) and this guy has somehow done it.. (dont ask me) so basically there aint no steam in this modification. The exhausts going to be basically water from what i think. The only problem is that it rusts the inside of the engine. So that should be sorted out first.. Do a search and you will understand what i mean.. :-D

Zz