• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Experts In Car Mp3/vcd Players? Need Advice

Hola

Question

Hi All,

Recently I fixed a Sony CDX-V2800 MP3/VCD player replaing my exsiting Sony MP3 player

1138954252klongthom2com2lr0.jpg

But the MP3 does not play very well in it. Does any one know why? As in, is it something with the series? Heard that Sony has certain number of series with defects..

Need advice...

Hola

from what i hear Sony headunits have got some real big issues.. a pal o mine installed one with the VCD support and that things have a up-down slide mechanism which ejects the CD and well as covers the CD-slot.. it went for a 6! ...

trusted brands would be pioneer, kenwood and jvc.. there are other brands available too which are of good quality but the best thing when buying a headunit/anything else is to check the net out for some reviews relating to that product.. it's far more easier to gauge the actual response of the people who are using it then...

Zz

Hola,

Sometimes MP3 players are a bit fussy playing written CD's, its not uncommon, if its skipping or having trouble playing the Cd, as a test get yourself a good quality writable CD, like sony, and write some mp's at the slowest writing speed possible like at about 2-4X and see how your player deals with that,

its always better to write at slower speeds when being used in anything other than pc cd roms,

Regards,

The Don

what do you mean it doesn't play well. does it not play mp3's at all or does it not sound good?

Does not sound good. The song goes from slow to fast anytime

from what i hear Sony headunits have got some real big issues.. a pal o mine installed one with the VCD support and that things have a up-down slide mechanism which ejects the CD and well as covers the CD-slot.. it went for a 6! ...

trusted brands would be pioneer, kenwood and jvc.. there are other brands available too which are of good quality but the best thing when buying a headunit/anything else is to check the net out for some reviews relating to that product.. it's far more easier to gauge the actual response of the people who are using it then...

Zz

Yeah, Dinosh has a Sony VCD player in his Integra and the panel is going bonkers

Hola,

Sometimes MP3 players are a bit fussy playing written CD's, its not uncommon, if its skipping or having trouble playing the Cd, as a test get yourself a good quality writable CD, like sony, and write some mp's at the slowest writing speed possible like at about 2-4X and see how your player deals with that,

its always better to write at slower speeds when being used in anything other than pc cd roms,

Regards,

The Don

Ok, will trying writing at slow speed. But it played in my previous Sony MP3 player very well

Zz

Sony has problems with their players ... i recently replaced my sony player with a pioneer mp3, Pioneer gave no problem at all! but i still prefered the Sony speakers that came with the origional cd player!

Searching for a pioneer DVD player with the LCD Screen inbuilt.. pretty dang costly from what i hear unfortunately.. the sony speakers/subs are quite good in quality but yeah.. the headunits are pretty darn faulty..

the only issues bout the pioneer player i have got is that it cannot read high speed written audio cds.. solved by writing it at lower speeds but who the hell needs audio when it could be mp3.. mp3 cdz written at max speeds gives no problems to almost all the players...

Zz

Waste of time really dancing with Mp3 files in car audio systems.. you can never get proper quality- why not just stick to wav's on standard CD's?

dependz on how you rip them buddy.. most of the average mp3s are ripped at a standard 128 kbps.. aint enough.. when ripping 192 kbps or higher would really bring out the mids and the highs in the music.. the thing why it s more efficient is because of the size.. you could easily put upto 100 hi-quality songs into 1 cd.. rather than the average 14 songs on an audio cd.. i d personally prefer having 1 cd with the songs i like rather than about 5 different audio cds...

@ hola - rather than replacing.. try getting a money back and go for a pioneer mp3 headunit.. pettah would be cheaper if you know where.. ;-)

Zz

I think people use MP3 players for convenience rather than sound quality, i mean unless you have a 10CD changer and a very advanced player which allows you to create playlists how possibly could you provide yourself non stop music for a journey over a few hours he he and provided you made your MP3 CD correctly you dont even have to change tracks on the way.

Don.. yep know you can boost quality by altering the ripped kbps- but even still most of the mp3's available for free download are really poor in quality.. and just cant stand the 'unnatural noise' they kindda have and after spending 1000's on a good stereo, mp3's are just.. are just terrible- as they are most often terribly re-mastered!

Its like putting 90 octane in a brand new car lol! Mp3's are fine if your listening to them from around your neck on an i-pod. But I hear you on the convenience.

@ hola - rather than replacing.. try getting a money back and go for a pioneer mp3 headunit.. pettah would be cheaper if you know where.. ;-)

Zz

Aiyo machang, i went today with my mp3 CDs..And the shop guy played his MP3 CDs and it played well. And I had to come back with the same player...True, i tried another MP3 CD i got from a shop and its ok...I guess the Samsung CD writer I use is the prob. I dont know, i brought a Sony blank CD and wrote in the slowest speed 12X but still no quality output on MP3...any advice... I use Nero

Aiyo machang, i went today with my mp3 CDs..And the shop guy played his MP3 CDs and it played well. And I had to come back with the same player...True, i tried another MP3 CD i got from a shop and its ok...I guess the Samsung CD writer I use is the prob. I dont know, i brought a Sony blank CD and wrote in the slowest speed 12X but still no quality output on MP3...any advice... I use Nero

Play the Sony cd in another mp3 player and see whether it works well, if not the problem must be in your Samsung writer.

Play the Sony cd in another mp3 player and see whether it works well, if not the problem must be in your Samsung writer.

I tried in my LG DVD player - same effect....

Do I have to any settings in my writer?

probably the CD-Writer's laser would ve got defective bro.. for experimental purposes you could buy 2 Sony CD and right 1 cd from your drive and another from another CD-Writer.. if your's does not work then you know what should be done.. buy either Sony, ASUS or TDK DVD/CD Writers.. good quality stuff..

Zz

To be honest, though they are cheap Samsungs are pretty good drives, But sometimes certain players have trouble playing CD's written by certain writers. any one of the drives nexgen mentions or if you can find a TDK, pioneer, or a plex writer they would all make great replacements if it is a problem with the samsung,

Regards,

The Don

To be honest, though they are cheap Samsungs are pretty good drives, But sometimes certain players have trouble playing CD's written by certain writers. any one of the drives nexgen mentions or if you can find a TDK, pioneer, or a plex writer they would all make great replacements if it is a problem with the samsung,

Regards,

The Don

Aiyo, then my samsung writer wil be in vein no? Isnt there a cleaner or a softwear to fix this

Don.. yep know you can boost quality by altering the ripped kbps- but even still most of the mp3's available for free download are really poor in quality.. and just cant stand the 'unnatural noise' they kindda have and after spending 1000's on a good stereo, mp3's are just.. are just terrible- as they are most often terribly re-mastered!

Its like putting 90 octane in a brand new car lol! Mp3's are fine if your listening to them from around your neck on an i-pod. But I hear you on the convenience.

One can always download the albums from bit torrent :D Check the album size to get a clue on the sound quality. Usually for an album ripped with 256 kbps, the size would be around 80-90 MB. The average album found in torrents is riped in 256 kbps.

On Samsung writers; I have been using them for years. The latest I have is a DVD writer. I write all my MP3s using this and they play flawlessly on my pioneer head-unit. However, one day when we tried to play them in a friends home, the tracks began to skip. This is something wrong with the player.

When you are going for a CD (MP3) player, make sure that it is capable of reading multi-speed CDs & CD-R and CD-RW. If you are going for DVD players make sure they can read multi-speed & DVD+R, DVD-R, DVD+RW and DVD-RW (plus the above CD reading capabilities). This way, anything you write on a PC will be bound to play in your player :D

PS: Some car players are notorious for their lack of multi-speed reading ability (meaning even though you have a high speed writer and high speed media, you end up having to write at 1x or 4x speeds). Kenwood was on my list, since I had one in my car when I bought it. I'm adding Sony to the list too. The only safe bet is Pioneer, their players have these capabilities by default. So no research is required if you are buying a new pioneer head unit. For Kenwood and Sony, it's better to read the specs and verify.

Mine is the latest from Sony.Its simple and less fancy - price was 14k i got the recon display for 5k and now that stock is over. A Sony VCD/MP3 player will range from 14k to 17k. A JVC will be around 18k. A DVD player anyway costs more than 26k starting from JVC to Pioneer which is 35k to 40k.

There are on screen display with DVD where pioneers starts from 120k and kenwod at 140k. But best advice is you go in to seperate units like me. For more info just drop a mail on [email protected] and i will give out some tips on places/prices

Do you think a difrent kind of softwear will help to solve this problem?

Not really. Best thing is to google your players model number and see the specs. If it reads at a lower speed than 24x for instance, try writing at that low speed. Nero allows you to lower the writing speed manually, if I'm not mistaken.

A hardware defect cannot be remedied by merely changing the burning software hola.. usually Nero autodetects the settings of each and every/any writers out there and uses them when burning media.. if there is such an error like yours.. most probably it ought to be the laser.. thats why i told you to buy to Sony Bland CD-Rs and copy some mp3s from YOUR writer and on the other some mp3s from ANOTHER writer.. if the mp3s from the other writers works then it is your samsung to be blamed..

Geting the writer repaired is kinda like 45 to 50 percent of the cost of a new writer.. Looking at the prices currenntly, 3500 odd for a CD-writer and 5500 odd for a DVD-Writer.. I suggest you chose the brand wisely when buying..

Zz

Hey Hola,

I got the control unit replaced free after some butons were causing trouble. I have stopped using MP3 in the car since there is no quality at all. If you are looking for quality use CD's.

I'm still a bit worried about the sony player coz I had trouble with my Sony CD rom, & CD player at home.

But does Pioneer, Kenwoon & JVC come out with VCD players?

The question of quality or convenience stil deems to be answered i suppose.. lolz.. yeah.. those brands come out with VCD players but usually require a seperate screen..

There are new headunits out there which will support USB Pen Drives and even the I-Pod but most of these innovations usually come from a non-famed brand..

Zz