• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Toyota Premio

noaim

Did i even mention fuel usage anywhere? lol! :D Its more like space, garage space...

I think i failed to mention this, but i wanna get it part exchanged for my N16.

My personal opinion...

If u wants the exclusive look go for a Premio or a Cefiro.

Blend of Sportiness and exclusivity Allion or the Primera.

If I’ve given the choice... I’d go for the Primera.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did i even mention fuel usage anywhere? lol! :violent-smiley-030: Its more like space, garage space...

I read a couple of articles and follwing is what i gathered ...

Premio

* To meet the lower taxation class, its width is limited to 1.7 meters, virtually the same as the smaller Corolla.

* The Allion is merely longer than the Corolla and have a 100mm longer wheelbase.

* Shares the same semi-independent torsion-beam axle rear suspension with the Corolla. (Which means bad handling, much like Corolla in high speed cornering)

* 1.5-litre (109hp), 1.8-litre (132hp)

Primera

* The space-saving rear suspensions contribute to good rear legroom, although the sloping roof limit headroom.

* The Japanese Primera is set to favour ride comfort than handling, so there is a lot of body roll into corners.

* The softly-sprung chassis is unresponsive to change direction and, predictably, under steer a lot when pushed.

* Steering is light and lifeless.

* it is unlikely to be able to reproduce the famous track record of its predecessors - both of which were praised as the best handling family sedan accompany with the old Ford Mondeo.

* Smoothness and quietness are good, if not too remarkable.

* The familiar QR20DE engine is now added with drive-by-wire throttle and continuous variable valve timing, boosting torque to 147 lbft while retaining 150 hp output at lower emission level.

/All bad thatz been said about Primera handling is with direct comparison to it’s previous generation. So you all Primera lovers don’t get offended and jump start on usual Honda City bashing.

Did i even mention fuel usage anywhere? lol! :D Its more like space, garage space...

Hi Mona, I need an advice from you... I guess you are an economist of some sorts right? (may be my faulty memory - if so ignore the request)

I wish to do CFA(financial analyst) ... but being an IT guy (i have some business background too tho) I am bit unsure whether doing CFA is gonna be handy? basically whether non-financial professional pursue CFA? plz help me on this decision?

well to be honest i haven't done any research on the TP12 mainly because i havn't gotten used to it's styling...the P11 is definitely the smartest looking of the lot...but the P10 is what kicks ass at handling...

with respect to the cefiro and primera...it seems that nissan is pushing both cars towards the luxury/family sedan segment...it is a fact for the cefiro and it seems so for the primera too (exclude the SR20VE)...so don't be surprised if they get 'softer'...

with respect to the cefiro and primera...it seems that nissan is pushing both cars towards the luxury/family sedan segment...it is a fact for the cefiro and it seems so for the primera too (exclude the SR20VE)...so don't be surprised if they get 'softer'...

True!

so now that they are pushing the two to be more luxury oriented... who's gonna replace the sportier image of the primera!

and is the SR16VE still in production(i mean the 1.6L vzr's)? i was all this time wondering as to whether there are 1.6L good sporty machines anymore? all manufacturers seem to have gone for higher displacement! :( - too bad for the Sri lankans wit higher tax bracket on higher disp.

Hi Mona, I need an advice from you... I guess you are an economist of some sorts right? (may be my faulty memory - if so ignore the request)

I wish to do CFA(financial analyst) ... but being an IT guy (i have some business background too tho) I am bit unsure whether doing CFA is gonna be handy? basically whether non-financial professional pursue CFA? plz help me on this decision?

:( ... Whats a CFA?

Thanx btw for the info!

Edited by monamonu

True!

so now that they are pushing the two to be more luxury oriented... who's gonna replace the sportier image of the primera!

and is the SR16VE still in production(i mean the 1.6L vzr's)? i was all this time wondering as to whether there are 1.6L good sporty machines anymore? all manufacturers seem to have gone for higher displacement! :( - too bad for the Sri lankans wit higher tax bracket on higher disp.

I think that's where Nissan has sadly got it wrong since their alliance with Renault. All their cars used to be so much more driver oriented, ie the old Skylines, Primeras, VZR's etc. I think their new designs are great, and the quality and attention to detail have improved out of sight. They are truly global cars now, but wish they didn't compromise on the handling so much.

That being said I think the handling of these cars would satisfy most Sri Lankans, its not like our roads, traffic conditions and cops allow us to thrash around corners and test the chasis to its limit anyway!

That being said I think the handling of these cars would satisfy most Sri Lankans, its not like our roads, traffic conditions and cops allow us to thrash around corners and test the chasis to its limit anyway!

he! he! damn right!

so vzr is no more in production? i thot so earlier... but when i saw dat vzr wit kb plates(which had bn registered last year) i had second thoughts!

:P ... Whats a CFA?

Thanx btw for the info!

so u aren't da economist in da forum eh? never mind... i am in the process of ruling out CFA, wish i had someone who knows much about CFA to advice me :(

bdw so wot r u gonna buy? premio or primera or what?

• 2 weeks later...

he! he! damn right!

so vzr is no more in production? i thot so earlier... but when i saw dat vzr wit kb plates(which had bn registered last year) i had second thoughts!

so u aren't da economist in da forum eh? never mind... i am in the process of ruling out CFA, wish i had someone who knows much about CFA to advice me :grinning-smiley-003:

bdw so wot r u gonna buy? premio or primera or what?

hey folks,

gotta question, didnt wanted to open a new thread for this. i gotta deal for a 2006 allion from a friend of mine for 4.8 mil. is it a fair deal. am not familiar with the market in sri lanka.

appreciate your comments

Edited by NASCAR

CFA? = Certified Financial Analyst ( Like a Chartered Accountant, but of the financial sector.)

d u know a thing or two about that profession? plz help me if u do?

hey folks,

gotta question, didnt wanted to open a new thread for this. i gotta deal for a 2006 allion from a friend of mine for 4.8 mil. is it a fair deal. am not familiar with the market in sri lanka.

appreciate your comments

z it allion 1.8L or 1.5L, 2006 Allion means ... brand new eh? anyway r u in SL?

d u know a thing or two about that profession? plz help me if u do?

z it allion 1.8L or 1.5L, 2006 Allion means ... brand new eh? anyway r u in SL?

no am nt in SL. bt comin on vacation by oct. it'z a 1.8L allion ( silver ) and it's a brand new.

no am nt in SL. bt comin on vacation by oct. it'z a 1.8L allion ( silver ) and it's a brand new.

well the recon ones go in the range of 3.8mn-4.2mn i guess! in that sense 4.8 might not seem all that bad! but let us know the purspose of u buying it!

perhaps Civic might be better(Allion can be left helpless in front of the new civic performance)

i guess allion z a domestic model 4 japan! and whether brandnew one's are available in SL i don't know?

Edited by isurujosh

well the recon ones go in the range of 3.8mn-4.2mn i guess! in that sense 4.8 might not seem all that bad! but let us know the purspose of u buying it!

perhaps Civic might be better(Allion can be left helpless in front of the new civic performance)

i guess allion z a domestic model 4 japan! and whether brandnew one's are available in SL i don't know?

actually it's only me who will drive 24/7 when am in SL for two months :D later it will be @ home until i return bk on vacation in 6 months..!!

as per my friend the fuel consumption is better in allion compared to other 1.8L vehicles. am nt sure hw far it's true since my knowledge is limited on cars

actually it's only me who will drive 24/7 when am in SL for two months :D later it will be @ home until i return bk on vacation in 6 months..!!

as per my friend the fuel consumption is better in allion compared to other 1.8L vehicles. am nt sure hw far it's true since my knowledge is limited on cars

dude i can assure you that A15 is underpowered! the engine can hardly cope with itz weight and the fuel efficiency can be bad when the power to weight ratio is poor!

If you drive smoothly the brandnew civic will turn out better figures, if you aren't buying my word, there is a guy called "Ali" in the forum who does car importz and he said the same about the Carina Ti(1.5L) and Carina Si(1.8L) ... Personally i know my friendz Carina Ti (A/T) does 7-8km/l in traffic another firnds allion A15 does 8-9km/l in rush hour! with new civic worst u could possibly expect is 8km/l

REMEMBER CIVIC has i-VTEC which is ideal for fuel econo too!

seriously u should consider buying a brand new civic for 4.7mn straight from the local agents! besides if u are running only for a couple of months y be so damn concerned about fuel econo? civic z way more cool than a A15

Pay attention dude. He said its the 1.8l Allion. not the A15

Attention Deficit! :P:D jk!

Ya i might go with the Premio 1.8L. Finishing the deal probably end of this week, wait it is the end. Uh umm on monday perhaps! :D

Pay attention dude. He said its the 1.8l Allion. not the A15

hmm... I'd almost forgotten!

anyway an A18 can be left helpless by the new civic too ... "EASILY"

however fuel econo of the A18 should be slightly better than the civic! but heck what for someone who pays 4.7-4.8 for a car would not mind that slight improvement anyway!

if itz refinement go for Allion! if itz anything else(as i perceive) go for civic!

hmm... I'd almost forgotten!

anyway an A18 can be left helpless by the new civic too ... "EASILY"

however fuel econo of the A18 should be slightly better than the civic! but heck what for someone who pays 4.7-4.8 for a car would not mind that slight improvement anyway!

if itz refinement go for Allion! if itz anything else(as i perceive) go for civic!

Probably not a good idea to go too fast in the Allion anyway. Despite its looks, Speedholic tells me its not very stable at speed.

hey folks,

appreciate your comments

How about some actually answering this question? Is 4.8 a ok price for a A18 Allion?

Checking the new prices on Motor:

Not many 1.8 offerings... :jumping-smiley-013:

Audi 1.8T 10.9

Ford Modeo Trend 4.65

Honda Civic S 5.4

Mercedes .... lets just forget that, shall we?

Peugeot 407 SR 5.7

Renault Laguna 5.6

Volvo S40 9.5

well, so much for 1.8s... pricewise, looks like only the Ford is gonna compete. Also, either Isuru is out with his numbers, or the S grade civic is more expensive than the others. I have no idea, since I don't keep track of Civic grades.

BTW, no Allions listed at all from Toyota... They don't come in from Toyota Lanka?

1.5 - 1.6 offerings

City - 1.5l - 3.0m

Accent - 1.5l - 2.19m

Kia Cerato - 1.6l - 3.096m

Mitsu Colt - 1.5 - 2.85

Mitsu Lancer - 1.5 - 3.195

Nissan Sunny - 1.5 - 3.4

307 - 1.6 - 4.1

Proton Gen 2 - 1.6 - 2.65m (manual) 2.75(auto)

Renault Megane - 1.6 - 3.825 (hatch) and 4.85(sedan)

Impreza - 1.5 - 4m

Swift X - 1.5 - 2.55

Corolla - 1.5 - 3.5ish

Dunno about the options man, but it sound a bit too much too me.

Edited by Pericles

Also, either Isuru is out with his numbers, or the S grade civic is more expensive than the others. I have no idea, since I don't keep track of Civic grades.

I was there in Stafford on the Civic release(not Soooooo long ago) and that day following were the prices...

Manual Civic with all options except sun roof 4.7mn

Auto Civic with all options except sun roof 4.9mn

Auto Civic with sun roof 5.1mn

2.OL Dual VTEC one 5.9mn.

considering Sl prices always are on the rise, the S grade u are refering to could very well be "Auto Civic with sun roof 5.1mn" ... but that doesn't mean there isn't another civic selling close 4.8mn OKEY! let me speak to stafford first thing 2moro and clarify this to you!

Probably not a good idea to go too fast in the Allion anyway. Despite its looks, Speedholic tells me its not very stable at speed.

somewhat widely accepted view i guess! wit some proof as well!

but allion is way ahead in terms of refinement and yes itz gotta be better on fuel! and some think it looks good!(i also do, but not as hot as new civic)

no offense to the owners, I know in SL, allion z 4 the affluent, but among the more affluent every tom-dick-and harry has an Allion now! the country is used to seeing allions for years! thatz not the same for civic!

• 3 weeks later...

270820061146fm7.th.jpg

270820061144er7.th.jpg

Guys perhaps think its time i changed the alloys? lol.. A lot of complaints on that aspect.

If so, Dimz got any 17's!? :lol:

machang, u actulay bought a primio? why?

he he he..just kidding. Nice car. So give us the specs will ya