• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Emission Test Results

MalindaG

Question

Hi,

Can an expert help me to understand to reasons for the below increased outputs (Specially Hydrocarbon) in my emission test report ? (Compared between last year's & this year's reports)

Vehicle Details -

Toyota Vios - YOM 2003

Emission Details -

Yr 2019     Yr 2020
HC Idel 72 462
2500 RPM 24 276
CO Idel 0.01 0.32
2500 RPM 0.01 0.19
Lambda Idel 1.05 1.08
2500 RPM 1.02 1.01
O2 Idel 0.94 2.90
2500 RPM 0.36 0.69
CO2 Idel 12.66 18.78
2500 RPM 13.17 17.77

2 answers to this question

Hmm..so the Lambda levels are the only thing that did not change....

Can you give us idea about what the condition of your car is ?

Is the engine properly running ? Any misses ? Does the car feel like its igniting properly ? Spark plugs are in decent condition ? Any change in fuel consumption (like the engine getting too much fuel) ? Any half burnt fuel/oil smell coming from the exhaust ? Exhaust smell around the car ? 

Usually some of those factors go up because the fuel does not get ignited properly, the engine is getting too much fuel, etc...so how well maintained is your car ?

On 2/3/2020 at 7:17 AM, iRage said:

Hmm..so the Lambda levels are the only thing that did not change....

Can you give us idea about what the condition of your car is ?

Is the engine properly running ? Any misses ? Does the car feel like its igniting properly ? Spark plugs are in decent condition ? Any change in fuel consumption (like the engine getting too much fuel) ? Any half burnt fuel/oil smell coming from the exhaust ? Exhaust smell around the car ? 

Usually some of those factors go up because the fuel does not get ignited properly, the engine is getting too much fuel, etc...so how well maintained is your car ?

@iRage

I think i found the issue... The hose circled in the attached picture was cracked... Yesterday I get it fixed... Think this was the reason...

And yes, fuel consumption was bit high... did 9km/l in city running... no fuel smell...

20200204_170156.jpg