• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Peougeot 2008 Grey or agent import

vitz

Hi All,

We finally decided to go for a Peugeot 2008 (2020) by selling our C-HR. Though CH-R is really nice car to drive but the Claustrophobia conditions made for rear passengers and the stiffer steering (though it's made for better driving dynamics, it makes quite difficult for my wife who drives the vehicle for a great distance daily).

Now we are facing a dilemma of whether to go for agent import or the grey import. I don't mind the little difference in the cost between two imports but the Agent asks for nearly 8 months to do the import. But it comes with 3 yr, 60000 km full warranty. 

The grey import, of course, can be done in two months.

I am bit worried to import a European Vehicle without a back up of the warranty.

Guys, would it be really difficult to maintain if we import the vehicle through a grey importer?  

I heard there's a place in Pannipitiya or Kottawa area bringing down Peugeots and they appear to have the agency for Peugeot as well. They have mentioned that they have the manufacturer's specific diagnostic tools with them as well. They also offer similar warranty as the agents. Got to know this because one of my office friend's brought down a 3008 from them and it was through a factory order (took around 3 months for the full process from building to arriving here- but this time included Christmas season so would have come across delays due to the holiday season)..

Maybe you can check with them as well. 

Edited by Dee Jay