• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Fuel Consumption Comparison

VWvortex

U mean besides wasting fuel? Probably going around visiting all his mistresses. Well documented habit of big shots. Pls refer our own resident AL millionaire....

;)

No diss, just a joke. :D

ok back to topic... i wonder whats the fuel efficiency is like for a BMW X5 ;)

• 1 year later...
9km/l is pretty good mileage for a mazda RS machan, friend of mine got the same car and get only 7km.

1998 Nissan Sunny FB15 1500cc Automatic

Colombo rush hour traffic 7-8 km/l

Out station 13-14 km/l

Hi,

How much do you think a 2001 Nissan FB15 ExSaloon which is done around 120000km will work in city and out-station?

Edited by lakpriya

If cared properly.... 8 in city and 12 outstation.

well a manual tranny driven and maintained properly should even be able to improve on these figures IMHO :)

one guys office swears that his one does 10 in colombo :P

Honda civic 1.5 ES1 is doing 12 km out station. (I checked on my way to kandy. It was a traffic day and I could not drive at a stretch for a long time). in colombo it depends on the traffic. I use to leave home in the morning at 06.35 hrs from MALABE and come to FORT around 07.20 hrs and it does 10 km per lt.

well a manual tranny driven and maintained properly should even be able to improve on these figures IMHO :)

one guys office swears that his one does 10 in colombo :P

Guys, questions..!!!

1) Do you know the best engine speed for a FB15 Mannual 2001, mine does 625rpm (same car which im driving at the moment) ?

2) Is there any good place to do a "exhaust emissions" test in colombo? and how much it will cost?

3) one of my (obviously in my car :P) Injectors has 167rpm and other 3 are 171, 176, 173 rpm in order. do i need to clean the first injector for a good/to improve fuel econ?

thanks.

Edited by lakpriya

• 3 months later...

Interesting idea for a thread... not many people have actually posted fuel figures though. Seriously guys, why not post?

Fuel Figures for some of the vehicles we have/have had

2000 Peugeot 406 1.8 GLX Manual

City - 7 KM/L

Outstation - 10 km/l

2004 Honda Civic ES1 auto

City - 7.5 KM/l

Outstation - 11 KM/l

2006 Mitsubishi Montero 3.0 V6

City - 3.5 KM/l

Outstation - 8 KM/l

1993 Toyota Hilux LN106 2.8 Manual

City - 6-8 KM/l

Outstation - 10-11 KM/l

1995 Toyota Landcruiser II 3.0 TD Manual

City - 6KM/l

Outstation - 9 KML

1969 Volkswagen Beetle 1300

City - 9-10 Km/l

Outstation - 12 Km/l

2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.7

City - 3-3.5 KM/l

Outstation - 4.5-6 KM/l (capable of 9 under certain conditions)

My Subaru do 8 KMPL In City, Both Fast and Normal Driving, but My mechainc said after Tune, it will do 9 to 10 In City limits, and never tested outstation

With the Prova Chiped Ecu and High prssure fuel pump etc, now in city it do 6 to 7 with AC, :(

• 2 weeks later...
Guys,

I think it will be very useful to know the fuel consumption figures of commonly used vehicles in SL.

A lot of people boast of very good mileage, when in reality it’s far from true. So PLEASE, post your

honest actual experience, based on how much fuel your vehicle/vehicles guzzles on colombo and outstation running.

Thanks

VWvortex

I use a Toyota Passo, whic has 1000cc VVT engine and a Toyota Hilux which has 2700CC EFI engine. The passo does 9km/1 Ltr with 95 octone, within city limits, and the on long trips (ie, Colombo - Dambulla) it does 12km/1 ltr.

the hilux does 5.5 km/1 Ltr within city limits and does 8km/1 ltr on long trips (ie Colombo- Galle)

Suzuki Swit 1.3 hatch

13 Km in City Outstation 17 Km :jumping-smiley-013:

Which model? Two of my pals run the older squarer model that was also badges as the Ignis and Chevrolet, theirs are Swifts though and they get only 9km/l in the city.

Good topic considering the crisis in the world economy.

Alfa 156 2.0

City - 7.0 km/l

Long distance - Not checked properly.

Alfa 156 1.6

City - 7.5 - 8.0 km/l

Long distance - 10-11 km/l. This was also done driving very fast to Nuwara Eliya. I suppose with a gentle right foot the numbers will be better.

Most Economical cars I've owned.

My 1st car - VW Jetta 1.6 Diesel. 45-55mpg :rolleyes:

Peugeot 206 1.9 Diesel - 35 mpg in the city. Can't recall the long distance figures.

Worst economy -

Mercedes 500 SEC - 3.5km/l :o

Honda Civic ES-1

10 km/lt from malabe to fort in the morning at 06.30 hrs and after noon 17.00 hrs at little traffic

Out station 12 km/lt (Colombo=Kurunegala)

Starlet EP91

Same road in colombo= 11 km/lt

Out Station= 13 km/Lt

according to my personal experiences

Toyota Allion auto - ¬12kmpl & outstation ¬16kmpl

Mitsubishi Montero V6 - ¬5-6kmpl

Nissan March 1.3l auto(with a performance exhaust and nothing else) - ¬7-9kmpl (but sometimes it does ¬12 kmpl)

Toyota Noah 2l diesel auto - ¬7-9 kmpl

fb 14 manual ¬13kmpl