• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Fuel consuption mazda demio 2000

Sanjee 11

Question

6 answers to this question

8 hours ago, tilvin said:

As far as I am aware - by using many petrol cars - what you are getting is fairly Ok. With A/C on 6~7 km on a petrol car is a good fuel consumption according to my experience and view point....:).

Thank you tilvin..

2 hours ago, Devinda_Z said:

Lots of threads on this so do search the forums for details

Bottom line - good car?

2005 2006 2007 these were kinda popular, came in for like 1.4 or 1.7mil unreg. Very smooth refined hatch, good value for money

The Vitz had not reached celestial status with the first gen back then.

People went on to kit them and there was a 1.5l manual version which was a bit nippier than the rest.

On 4/5/2020 at 6:34 PM, Sanjee 11 said:

Hi,all

1.Recently I brought mazda demio manufacturing year 2000.it does 6-7 km per litre with AC.engine tune up,changing oil,air filters all done,what is the problem? 

2.is it a good car for use in long term?

Dear Friend,

Basically for low fuel consumption 90% of cases are EFI problems. There are sensors and some valves which controls the Air Fuel supply to the engine. First off please let me know what you did for engine tune up. Just cleaning injectors and throttle body do nothing for a big difference of fuel consumption deviation with the specifications of your car. Also changing oil and air filters do not affect much to your fuel consumption. 80% I can say the problem is in your EFI system. Hence if you want to know further please let me know what you had done as engine tune up. Also the mileage.