• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Wrx Vs. Wrx Sti

isurujosh

oh guys interesting topic,

the wrx comes with a ihi standard turbo with 8 fins on the impeller

sti comes with an uprated aluminium turbo that has 10 fins to run higher boost with a seperate oil line going through it to cool it when things get hot.

wrx has no avcs- active valve control system

sti has avcs- its basically runs according to the same principles as VTEC

wrx comes with a standard ecu

the new sti comes with a programmable ecu which can be connected to a lap top with the right software and can be tuned, no need for buying stand alone ecu's like motec or gems

wrx comes with normal road suspension

sti comes with performance suspension and stiffer springs, it also comes with sti lower arms

wrx- has a 1.5way street lsd

sti- comes with electronic lsd called active centre diff which can be used by the driver to adjust the power between the front and the rear.

sti comes with a larger inlet manifold than the wrx which helps it take more air into the engine

nothing else to cover as dims has covered the rest of the differences

i wonder where ishraq and javidh bought there two sti 9 from :grinning-smiley-003: took it away before i could get into them

guys i m not trying to promote our place here, so administrators please dont take it the wrong way, but if you want to see what the 2.5l sti engine looks like come down to my place as we have a sti forester that has come with that engine.

wow!!! very descriptive and very useful! Thank you so much... i got to know even more than i had wished to know! bdw are u refering to that white sti with GT plates... lovely ride!

@ darinwrxsti

great info. thanks bro.

wow!!! very descriptive and very useful! Thank you so much... i got to know even more than i had wished to know! bdw are u refering to that white sti with GT plates... lovely ride!

he said its a forester with 2.5 STI engine not a WRX STI

no worries,

the white sti is the car javidh bought from us

i m refering to the new sti forester with the 2.5 l sti engine, ive got pics but not sure how to upload tho, if sum1 can advise let me know as i can attach them

Edited by darinwrxsti

the 2.5L is for the US market only...2.0L for the rest of the world...

Hi Sharkster,

The 2.5L is for the Asian Markets as well. Infact the Agents here in Singapore do not carry the 2.0L anymore.

Isuru,

Check the link below for the differences between the two trim levels

http://motorimage.net/SG/files/pricing_fin...g/pricelist.pdf

Cheers!

Hi Sharkster,

The 2.5L is for the Asian Markets as well. Infact the Agents here in Singapore do not carry the 2.0L anymore.

Isuru,

Check the link below for the differences between the two trim levels

http://motorimage.net/SG/files/pricing_fin...g/pricelist.pdf

Cheers!

Hey tnx bro! did some surfing in http://motorimage.net itz a cool site for a subaru fan!

no worries,

the white sti is the car javidh bought from us

i m refering to the new sti forester with the 2.5 l sti engine, ive got pics but not sure how to upload tho, if sum1 can advise let me know as i can attach them

1) Find the browse button that i have depicted below and locate the relevant image file.

browsebg2.jpg

2) Press the "host it!" button

3) Find the "Direct Link to Image" section is the newly opened page and copy it(ctrl +c). (depicted below)

directmj1.jpg

4) Press the "Insert Image" button and paste the link in the dialog box that gets popped-up. (depicted below)

inserteb3.jpg

he said its a forester with 2.5 STI engine not a WRX STI

ah yes!

anyway z it da subaru suv or the mpv datz called "forester"... can't remember?

For the frist time the uk version is 2.5l as well! everything before came in 2l t.

but da rally car will always have to be a 2L!

i can understand why the prefer 2.5L for the mass produced version! the gigantic turbo may not always be as practical as increased cc! as they say: there's no replacement for displacement :grinning-smiley-003:

• 5 months later...

but da rally car will always have to be a 2L!

i can understand why the prefer 2.5L for the mass produced version! the gigantic turbo may not always be as practical as increased cc! as they say: there's no replacement for displacement :lol:

well there is kinda - FUEL RATING - the reason for the uprated 2.5L as opposed to the JDM 2L is because the US mkt has only 87 Octane rated Petrol (Gasoline). The Jap spec was made for 95~101 Octane grade petrol so the displacement had to be upped inorder to get similar power output figures on the Sti's in the states