• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Anyone Wants To Race A Vtec? :-)

evilmak

Actually No, JC is a great admirer of the NSX, even raced one arround some American race track ........ unless it was Tiff Needle and it was 5th Gear not Top Gear,

I don't think the Top Gear guys have any bias against the NSX, merely referring to the fact it probably handles as well as the NSX.

The Don

yah modena might very well be faster, i dont think i have much facts 4 my argument anyway! I concede!

getting back to NSX....

NSX Timeline![ideas borrowed from autozine and wiki]

* Lot of people say "it is the first (and still the only one) Japanese supercar"

:::not merely freaking numbers... a truest of a supercar that attracts millioners!

* The NSX project started in 1984, when Honda’s F1 racing engine started showing strong performance in Formula One.

* earliest NSX, which was launched in Japan in 1990, was still criticised by European magazines as lack of character.

* Its aluminium chassis was the first one applied to production car and guarantee lightness.

* Originally, VTEC was not in the plan. The NSX prototype unveiled in 1989, lacked VTEC and produced only 250 hp.

* VTEC was eventually carried over from the Japan-bounded CRX and Integra, hence adding 20 more horses.

* As a result, the earliest NSX could do 0-60 in 5.7 seconds and top 168 mph, according to road test results from R&T.

* it handled at least as precise and as communicative as rivals,

* it rode more comfortable than Ferrari

* far easier to drive, thanks to the

light clutch,

slick gearchange,

smooth power delivery,

superb all-round visibility

* So some still say: NSX was the most refined and practical supercar ever made.

* After winning "the best handling car contest" by Autocar and Car magazines,

NSX eventually was given the title it deserved in 1994.

* Honda reacted slowly to tough competition. The first major revision was not launched until 1997, or 7 years after debut.

Yet the changes were rather modest.

:::the purpose of NSX was to change the way people used to perceive japanese vehicles that mission was accomplished by then!

* Highlight was a more powerful engine. The all-alloy V6 was bored out to reach a total capacity of 3179 c.c.

* enabled 20 more horsepower without hurting revvability.(Now 290)

* The transmission is renowned for its compactness(6-speed manual)

* Opinion about NSX’s styling has been quite polarised.

* However, it is not deniable that it looks exactly a mid-engined sports car as it is.

* With the said 3.2L engine, The NSX can do 0-60 in around 5 seconds.(4.8)

* It’s not outdated yet, just eclipsed by the substantial improvement made by European rivals.

* In 2002 the replacement of pop-up headlamps with fixed ones came.

* The NSX was a symbol for Japanese sports car making.

When it was born in 1990, it was much more advanced than contemporary Ferraris and Porsche.

* NSX-R weighs just 1270kg, The combination of lower weight and shorter gearing improves 0-60mph from 4.8 to 4.4 seconds.

* NSX-R is born for Nurburgring, because its chassis was tuned there during development.

Compare with regular NSX, it gets considerably stiffer suspension setup and strengthened brake pads.

* Journalists tested it in Honda’s Takasu circuit found the Type R approaches perfection.

* NSX-R is perhaps the best steering Japanese car.

* Oracle Corporation's CEO Larry Ellison is a long time fan of the NSX and has owned several. He prefers the NSX over his Ferrari. He reportedly gives several NSXs as gifts each year.

* McLaren F1 designer and evo magazine contributing editor Gordon Murray credits the NSX as one of the most significant cars of the 1990's. According to him, thanks to the NSX, established supercar companies, especially Ferrari, were forced to upgrade their engineering and build quality and not just rely on the prestige and mystique of their name.

Different people love different cars for different reasons! I love NSX for whatever reason!

I think we found the runners :lol: The Zs. V6, RWD, similar power, similar displacement...

i thot it was the S2000 that'd be against Z(admittedly Z being better tho)

No. but you should get a life

QUOTE(isurujosh @ Aug 24 2006, 06:30 PM) <a href="http://index.php?act=findpost&pid=28674" target="_blank"></a>

oh no plz. don't they are babies! they should not be exhausted! nowdays they deserve only the serene things in life despite their above average capability of handling!

nah jus dat Possessive feeling :jumping-smiley-013:

Edited by isurujosh

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since you asked for a car to race your vtec.....you got my Subaru....me Nigel.....you subaru food!!!

Yo you wanted a drag??? Wanna take on my lowly Impreza??? Nigel right here....not for kicks......serious run.....dont even think about running the evo 3 cause if you cant take me down then you're just road shit to him.....

Just one more thing....I think nobody on this fourm knows the true capabilities of this car on the quarter mile. It's slower than, a WRX, EVO, GTR, SUPRA and even the RX-7 spirit R....so get your facts straight...the cars only fast around a track....not in the quarter mile!!!

oh no plz. don't they are babies! they should not be exhausted! nowdays they deserve only the serene things in life despite their above average capability of handling!

Anyway coming back to the modena! i guess ferrari only has a chance in a straight line! it can't match the handling of this 80's technology masterpiece!

Smoking crack is bad for you. It makes you post like a j***a$$. FYI, Larry Ellison is another j***a$$. Read up on his antics and you'll see why. But seriously son, you write and post like an absolute moron sometimes.

Disclaimer: I actually like the NSX although I'm not sure about the face-lift.

:jumping-smiley-013: ... Nothing's forgotten... nothing's ever forgotten!

Hi there Sir!

ineresting indeed to talk about F360 vs. NSX!

but i run the risk of going OT if i do that!

i want this topic to specifically focus on this "NSX beauty" in our beloved motherland, so i shall not drag it any further than say! TOP GEAR Z VERY EUROPEAN BIASED!

anyway itz a very subjective thing to give a verdict on the superiority of one ride over the other... when the two rides are pretty similar... so your opinion should be as good as mine! :lol:

No British mag or TV program is biased IMO. If they were biased the British Motor industry would still be alive even on life support.

The Americans certainly are that's why they're ailing industry still survives.

The NSX is an all time great car. One of the best mid engined chassis ever. It was developed with the help of Ayrton Senna as you will know.

When it was new it was considered better than the then current Ferarri 348tb in every department except looks. The British mags all gave the NSX the win and raved about it.

That's when Ferarri pulled their socks and jocks up for the first time and went into serious development and came out with the F355. That car was a winner! And took the game up to another level. The NSX is still a great car.

But now it's old. And the looks are not exotic enough to mix with Ferarris and lambos.

Machan from what i heard this is a Automatic.

So i dont think it would be great drag car, Unless I am wrong Nigs. :jumping-smiley-013:

http://www.honda.co.jp/auto-lineup/nsx/200...data/index.html

The 4 Auto is 265 BHP ( 3.0 L ) and the Manual is 280 BHP ( 3.2 L )

By the way Some great info about the NSX.

http://www.honda.co.jp/auto-lineup/nsx/2005/index.html

Hey whats the Top Speed of the 3.2 LITRE. Does any one know ?

Just one more thing....I think nobody on this fourm knows the true capabilities of this car on the quarter mile. It's slower than, a WRX, EVO, GTR, SUPRA and even the RX-7 spirit R....so get your facts straight...the cars only fast around a track....not in the quarter mile!!!

Have to agree with that.. The NSX is good all track car but on 1/4 it's no match Japan's boost pack!

Hey whats the Top Speed of the 3.2 LITRE. Does any one know ?

175mph ... and after some tweaks were done to increase downforce it was reduced to 165-170mph!

....I think nobody on this fourm knows the true capabilities of this car on the quarter mile. It's slower than, a WRX, EVO, GTR, SUPRA and even the RX-7 spirit R....so get your facts straight...the cars only fast around a track....not in the quarter mile!!!

inspite of my nsx fanaticism! datz exactly wot i have been trying to insist on!

Ideas aint the only thing u should take from wiki If it was just expense, then Maybachs would join the list too.

k let me be more specific it attracts millioners + it has sports appeal!

Smoking crack is bad for you. It makes you post like a j***a$$. FYI, Larry Ellison is another j***a$$. Read up on his antics and you'll see why. But seriously son, you write and post like an absolute moron sometimes.

okey i regreat 4 for that 'babish' post and the 360 modena talk! i agree those two were not a very much thought posts! datz y i conceded to my good friend Don!

okey i regreat 4 for that 'babish' post and the 360 modena talk! i agree those two were not a very much thought posts! datz y i conceded to my good friend Don!

Edited by isurujosh

:jumping-smiley-013: That is one sweet car!!.......The topic sounds like the owner wants to drag it!

i have got no idea where to find a road for speeddevils like this to drag!!

oh..oh the V6 purrs must be sweet huh...... :jumping-smiley-013:

The owner is not the topic starter. He merely says he drove it.

Really Nice car....

....as for the " 1/4mile run "....no doubt the car is FAST, but is it QUICK enough to out-run a Scooby or an Evo??? :jumping-smiley-013:hmmmmmmmmm

I had very little respect for VTEC's until I drove this proper Honda NSX Supercar this morning on Galle Road.. What should I say it's an awesome machine:

223469480_7f856ab179_o_d.jpg

223469405_f37e32cb2b_o_d.jpg

223469347_339d480cb6_o_d.jpg

Edit: no worries, just edited it to get the first pic to show (it was being shy)

congratulations evilmak.... :jumping-smiley-013: nice car machan.... :jumping-smiley-013: ... i'm in for sure next year... let's race ;)

Edited by dillongt

Since you asked for a car to race your vtec.....you got my Subaru....me Nigel.....you subaru food!!!

Yo you wanted a drag??? Wanna take on my lowly Impreza??? Nigel right here....not for kicks......serious run.....dont even think about running the evo 3 cause if you cant take me down then you're just road shit to him.....

:jumping-smiley-013::jumping-smiley-013: who are you ;)

hey Hola every one know's Nigel n he got some lovely cars Subaru/Honda TypeR/ oh cant forget his lovely MBW..

anyway i think nw u know who is ...Nigel G Perera... ######

Oh, is it realy him. ive heard alot about Nigel, his Subaru, Type R etc. Sorry..

seems like some fellows in their S****** always like to poke their head by themselves to show off

no offence cool down guys

NSX owner just said that he likes abt a Vtec after driving this, he just said "anyone wants to race a Vtec" so y u guys hammering him lik this? haha

WATS WRONG WITH YOU ALL?? LETS WAIT TILL HE REPIES .stop rushing up have patience guys

ME OFF now stop shooting on me hehe :jumping-smiley-013:

Edited by MADZ