Jump to content
  • Welcome to AutoLanka

    :action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

  • 0

Car AC automatically off when speedup 80kmph or above


hatharasinghe
 Share

Question

I have second hand Premio car and recently i noticed when i speedup 80 or more ( it happened at Highway) AC automatically turned off but blower works and once low down the speed to 60 or below its again working. Then showed it to AC repair place they showed one sensor has carbon deposited and its not working so replaced it but the problem is still there. Could you pls advise me what to check or replace , Hope your kind advise.

Have a nice day

 

Roshan

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 0
31 minutes ago, hatharasinghe said:

I have second hand Premio car and recently i noticed when i speedup 80 or more ( it happened at Highway) AC automatically turned off but blower works and once low down the speed to 60 or below its again working. Then showed it to AC repair place they showed one sensor has carbon deposited and its not working so replaced it but the problem is still there. Could you pls advise me what to check or replace , Hope your kind advise.

Have a nice day

 

Roshan

Could be a cooling issue, keep an eye on temperature gauge. When engine temperature goes up a/c is automatically shut down to decrease the load on the engine.

Why don't you take the vehicle to the agent and get it checked it might be worth rather than going and replacing sensors trying to sort out the issue with out proper identification of the issue.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0

Could be the infamous AC issue in Allion/Premios. Was the sensor replaced is the compressor solenoid valve? If this doesn't solve the problem the only solution is compressor replacement. 

Does the AC work normally in city driving speeds? Either way get it checked with a good AC mechanic. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
3 hours ago, kush said:

Could be a cooling issue, keep an eye on temperature gauge. When engine temperature goes up a/c is automatically shut down to decrease the load on the engine.

Why don't you take the vehicle to the agent and get it checked it might be worth rather than going and replacing sensors trying to sort out the issue with out proper identification of the issue.

Thanks for your kind advise Toyota Lanka quote 190K for the compressor only with fixing and all it around 220K

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
3 hours ago, hrm said:

Could be the infamous AC issue in Allion/Premios. Was the sensor replaced is the compressor solenoid valve? If this doesn't solve the problem the only solution is compressor replacement. 

Does the AC work normally in city driving speeds? Either way get it checked with a good AC mechanic. 

Thanks for the kind advise I check on it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
1 hour ago, hatharasinghe said:

Thanks for your kind advise Toyota Lanka quote 190K for the compressor only with fixing and all it around 220K

That's an insane amount but at least it would be a genuine fix. Note that even if you replace it with a brand new genuine compressor still it's not a permanent thing to solve. Due to the nature of how these units are designed and operate you might be able to run for another 50-60K KMs with it. Also you can find brand new compressors for 50-75K from outside shops but I'm not sure whether they are actual made in Japan Denso units. Could be Taiwan/Thailand or somewhere similar. Reconditioned ones can be found around 20-30K. Also don't go for 121 compressors as many AC guys might suggest.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
11 minutes ago, hrm said:

That's an insane amount but at least it would be a genuine fix. Note that even if you replace it with a brand new genuine compressor still it's not a permanent thing to solve. Due to the nature of how these units are designed and operate you might be able to run for another 50-60K KMs with it. Also you can find brand new compressors for 50-75K from outside shops but I'm not sure whether they are actual made in Japan Denso units. Could be Taiwan/Thailand or somewhere similar. Reconditioned ones can be found around 20-30K. Also don't go for 121 compressors as many AC guys might suggest.

 

11 minutes ago, hrm said:

That's an insane amount but at least it would be a genuine fix. Note that even if you replace it with a brand new genuine compressor still it's not a permanent thing to solve. Due to the nature of how these units are designed and operate you might be able to run for another 50-60K KMs with it. Also you can find brand new compressors for 50-75K from outside shops but I'm not sure whether they are actual made in Japan Denso units. Could be Taiwan/Thailand or somewhere similar. Reconditioned ones can be found around 20-30K. Also don't go for 121 compressors as many AC guys might suggest.

 

12 minutes ago, hrm said:

That's an insane amount but at least it would be a genuine fix. Note that even if you replace it with a brand new genuine compressor still it's not a permanent thing to solve. Due to the nature of how these units are designed and operate you might be able to run for another 50-60K KMs with it. Also you can find brand new compressors for 50-75K from outside shops but I'm not sure whether they are actual made in Japan Denso units. Could be Taiwan/Thailand or somewhere similar. Reconditioned ones can be found around 20-30K. Also don't go for 121 compressors as many AC guys might suggest.

Thanks for the information I check it on other places.

Have a nice weekend

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

AutoLanka Cars For Sale

Post Your Ad Free [Click Here]



×
×
  • Create New...