• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Pics Of My Bmw M3

Lalithster

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't know that the colour concept applied to insurance in USA as well? Thought it was only in the UK

http://www.carinsurance.com/kb/content10059.aspx

OH yeah, the US insc companies are anal retentive about the statistics (color, style, transmission of car and even sex of driver). so a red 2 door coupe with a manual transmission driven by a 18 yr old is pretty much the most expensive..but bimmers are lil cheaper than the rest cos of all the safety equipment

with gecco i saved money by adding my wife because women are statiscally have fewer wrecks ?!!?

OH yeah, the US insc companies are anal retentive about the statistics (color, style, transmission of car and even sex of driver). so a red 2 door coupe with a manual transmission driven by a 18 yr old is pretty much the most expensive..but bimmers are lil cheaper than the rest cos of all the safety equipment

with gecco i saved money by adding my wife because women are statiscally have fewer wrecks ?!!?

Yea that link leads on to give the factors that could increase or decrease your payment, including the women thing. There's also one about a higher education that can lower your premium, I think Geico asks about your education as well. Pretty discriminatory if you ask me.

Congrats on a great buy! I would like to own one of those, but with the car and fuel prices here in SL I think the best for the time being is a 320D. BTW is that the same color as my car?

Edited by madmax

Oh wow this forum has really changed! Lot more respectable people on here! I was surprised someone didnt comment- why are u taking pics of people driving around on the street. But I thought I was the only one on here getting attcked. Lol. I think the only similarites between the M3 and the 3 series is the plat form or the frame. Even the body is wider and the car is much lighter than the 3 series. The engine produces about 100hp more and redlines at 8k rpm. I really love the color! SOmeone said the car would be about Rs12mill in SL that is crazy cause I paid only $50,000 which is about Rs5million. I guess the gov needs the money for the war! I know there was one m3 in SL that got wrecked in a race. Since then has anyone improted anymore? I'm also going to stick around and see how it goes.

anyways I finally had time to take some more pics so here they are

WOW... I almost drop my chin to the ground when I saw these.... wow man.. this car is is is.. I got no words man.. it's awesome... I love it... that's a very sweet ride hombre...

and I think it's about time you trimmed your lawn man.. :)

Hey guys, thanks for the postive responses! The front tires are BF goodrich g-force 245-35 on 19inch rims. Thank god the roads here are smooth (carpet thala). The rear tires are Perelli P-zeros 255-40- on 19 inch rims. The 4 tires were $1000 and u can feel almost any bump on the road since the sidewall is so thin.

samjan1003.jpg

samjan1013.jpg

The insurance was not that bad about $1500 every 6 months and they consider everything when ur getting insured. They even have a list of the most stolen cars and if ur car ends up on that list expect to get ass raped.

Im 26 so insurance comes down. I am actually paying less than I did when I was 18 on a toyota celica which was also red and two door.

The color is called Imola Red and the interior is Red Napa leather. I like this combo the other one would be the carbon black w/ cin. interior.

The car comes with telametry that tells u all sorts of things but the one I like is the Average Miles per a gallon of gas. Since I got it I have been screeming out of traffic lights and thus it averages about 7 miles per a gallon. The car is very expensive to maintaine. It takes special oil 10w 60 with is only at the bmw dealers and an oil change in cost about $274, in comparison my celica was only $25

Since I got it I have been screeming out of traffic lights and thus it averages about 7 miles per a gallon.

U keep gunning it and those lil LEDs are gonna go off faster (I am assuming its the same as an E39) and that means INSPections! and those are about 400 bones in my neck of the woods..

Just wondering, is ur CPO until 50K or 6yr/100K?

Hey, ive noticed that many euorpean and us cars doesnt use the front number plate (mainly in films). This BMW is such too. Is it for the photograph or dont you guys use the front licence plate

Only some states and cities require front licence plates, although I think the number of places requiring this is increasing, and pretty soon it'll be a standard requirement. I think in the northern states this requirement is increasing, with fines of around $50 for those flouting it. Generally when you move into other states you're supposed to get plates belonging to that state.

Hey, ive noticed that many euorpean and us cars doesnt use the front number plate

Morgoth is right, it depends on the state u live in. More and more states using traffic light cams to catch ppl running lights and its much easier to see both the plate and the stop-line from a head-on camera. I used to live in KY and we didnt need front plates there, IMO cars look better w/o the front plate..

Hey guys, thanks for the postive responses! The front tires are BF goodrich g-force 245-35 on 19inch rims. Thank god the roads here are smooth (carpet thala). The rear tires are Perelli P-zeros 255-40- on 19 inch rims. The 4 tires were $1000 and u can feel almost any bump on the road since the sidewall is so thin.

samjan1003.jpg

samjan1013.jpg

The insurance was not that bad about $1500 every 6 months and they consider everything when ur getting insured. They even have a list of the most stolen cars and if ur car ends up on that list expect to get ass raped.

Im 26 so insurance comes down. I am actually paying less than I did when I was 18 on a toyota celica which was also red and two door.

The color is called Imola Red and the interior is Red Napa leather. I like this combo the other one would be the carbon black w/ cin. interior.

The car comes with telametry that tells u all sorts of things but the one I like is the Average Miles per a gallon of gas. Since I got it I have been screeming out of traffic lights and thus it averages about 7 miles per a gallon. The car is very expensive to maintaine. It takes special oil 10w 60 with is only at the bmw dealers and an oil change in cost about $274, in comparison my celica was only $25

Man I love the look of the thread in those BF G-Force tyres, I haven't come across them before. They must be better in the wet than the P Zeros. Are they less stickier in the dry?

ADO MORGOTH !!!

so u finally give a positive comment about the GOD of all CARS. da EMMMMMM three

This is WAY BETTER than ur STupid EVO... :blink:<_<

It's also stupid to compare them, as I'm sure anyone will tell u :D

Cool ride, M3 is is my fav8.

But are there are any M3's in Lk?

There was one, which became no more, and was replaced by an E46. I also saw an E36 M3 on Duplication road bout a month ago, it looked pretty real, but someone will have to confirm whether it is actually an M3 or just a coupe(it had M3 tag). It was black.

Edited by Morgoth

• 2 weeks later...

Given an Evo, I'd still take an Evo. :rolleyes:

Well I had the choice of an Evo, STI, S2000, and M3 (The AMG only came in automatics so I didnt like them) I narrowed it down to the S2000 and M3 cause they look more sporty and I do not have a family. The s2000 was fast but the M3 was faster and a headturner. As for my tastes I deff think the M3 is worth the $20,000 more I paid for it! about the plates. in florida we only need rear plates and I just got my custom plate EEVIL :angry:

bmw034.jpg

bmw027.jpg

bmw032.jpg

Edited by Lalithster

Well I had the choice of an Evo, STI, S2000, and M3 (The AMG only came in automatics so I didnt like them) I narrowed it down to the S2000 and M3 cause they look more sporty and I do not have a family. The s2000 was fast but the M3 was faster and a headturner. As for my tastes I deff think the M3 is worth the $20,000 more I paid for it! about the plates. in florida we only need rear plates and I just got my custom plate EEVIL :rolleyes:

bmw034.jpg

bmw027.jpg

bmw032.jpg

lovely car........