• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Driving license lost in post ?

virajn

Hi All,

Pardon me if this question not relevant to forum. I was stopped by police in remote area ( more than 150km from Colombo ) for offense then officers gave me fine. It was a Sunday therefore they suggested to pay it later and send the receipt via post then they will send me my driving license. I did that, i.e paid the fine, sent the receipt with stamped envelop with return address. After few days a police officer called me and said they have received the it and will send the license. But I did not got the license even after 2 weeks. When i called the police they said they have already send it. Now i'm worried it might lost in post. What should i do ? Is there a to check it on post or should i try to obtain new one lodging the police complain ?

Edited by virajn
  • Sad 1

22 minutes ago, virajn said:

Hi All,

Pardon me if this question not relevant to forum. I was stopped by police in remote area ( more than 150km from Colombo ) for offense then officers gave me fine. It was a Sunday therefore they suggested to pay it later and send the receipt via post then they will send me my driving license. I did that, i.e paid the fine, sent the receipt with stamped envelop with return address. After few days a police officer called me and said they have received the it and will send the license. But I did not got the license even after 2 weeks. When i called the police they said they have already send it. Now i'm worried it might lost in post. What should i do ? Is there a to check it on post or should i try to obtain new one lodging the police complain ?

Most probably its still lying on the police guy's desk.

If it was registered post you can make an inquiry from the post office if you can get the item number from the police. If not, you will need another police complaint from the same police station so either way you will need to go there.

This happened to my NIC. After going round and round and round, it was eventually declared as lost.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

• 4 weeks later...

Fortunately license came recently from registered post :) . Delayed due to covid-19, and officers were telling the truth. Just posting here if anyone faced similar situation, you can get the license from registered post without visiting to police station. As always best option would be not to speed. :D 

• Haha 1

On 11/18/2020 at 7:30 AM, virajn said:

Fortunately license came recently from registered post :) . Delayed due to covid-19, and officers were telling the truth. Just posting here if anyone faced similar situation, you can get the license from registered post without visiting to police station. As always best option would be not to speed. :D 

Sorry to hear about your difficulty, anyhow you got it 😁
But why the Sri Lankan Authorities has still followed those hand-driven processes regarding traffic spot fines?

If there is an online payment facility, you won't be waiting till Monday morning to pay your fine and release your license. Then there won't be any concerns. 🤷‍♀️