• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

What's The Fastest You Have Gone?

isurujosh

Very True!!! :D

machan....i think the Bike may be quicker still...

cuz é 0-60mph time on é Z is abt 6~6.5 seconds

so its very likely that overdrive may be closer....cuz the in gear excelleration on 3rd is quite good n that day i had to down shift n red line to get upto that CBR hurricane! :lol:

machan....i think the Bike may be quicker still...

cuz é 0-60mph time on é Z is abt 6~6.5 seconds

so its very likely that overdrive may be closer....cuz the in gear excelleration on 3rd is quite good n that day i had to down shift n red line to get upto that CBR hurricane! :D

Machan

Honestly I've never ridden a CBR250 in my life :lol: , but the CBR250 pushes out only about 43HP & weighs about 145Kgs. so the figures arent that fantastic. And I'v seen & ridden against CBR250s on the race track. They arent that hot..... Could it have been a a CBR400 that went past u?

OD's right... here's one of many sites that give 0-60mph times of 250cc sport bikes... this one's for the kawa ZX2R which should be very close to that of the CBR250RR...

http://www.answers.com/topic/kawasaki-ninja-zx-2r-zxr250

from what i've read on other websites about the CBR250RR (can't dig up links now), the 0-60 time's about 5 secs...

Yr right :lol: I spoke to an owner of a CBR. Seems that the Pre1994 models could do 0-60 in 5secs & the Post1994 models can only manage 0-60 in about 7secs due to Jap Limiters.

Hurricane is Pre94 & Fireblade is Post94

Edited by shamitz

• 2 weeks later...

pretty obvious nah? lolz.. at those speeds and our roads combined.. it would be a car flying fiesta.. well as for speeds..

165kmph from panadura to colombo - Toyota Sprinter Vintage 1995 :-)

Zz

I was driving down to Chicago from Seattle in a Pontiac Grand Am 2000cc on I94 Motor way. I drove down the Montana Valley, covered 210 miles in exactly 2hrs and 10mins. Averaging almost 100miles per hour. In this stretch I was on 110mph for along time. Only few time broke the speed. (I had to set the Cruise control at just below 110mph as once it cuts off the speed comes very low and have to pick up the speed again) one full tank of Gas! :D,

Entire drive was around 1800 miles covered in 39hours and 45 mins. And the entire stretch was driven by me, as my companion didn't have the licence to drive. I was on international driving permit, copped once in the drive and I was so lucky to be given a break by the cop stating "you're given a break being a foreigner but make sure you drive safe without hitting the deers crossing" I was at a speed of 88mph which was 18 over the allowed limit.

But my next drive from Chicago to New york I got copped at 74mph and had to pay $145 fine :)

I topped over 200kmph in a Chevrolet Astra, the Korean Shit in Malaysian Motorway. But I didn't experience any cut off of speed in that car!

bloody good speed driving over there.. but then again.. the US and the UK are blessed with dreamy like smooth roads which does not curve as much.. here the roads are like kinda catching ya nose wit ya left hand around the back o ya neck .. lol

Zz

bloody good speed driving over there.. but then again.. the US and the UK are blessed with dreamy like smooth roads which does not curve as much.. here the roads are like kinda catching ya nose wit ya left hand around the back o ya neck .. lol

Zz

the closest we've ever gotten in the colombo city of real crusing is é new uni flow system - ppl have to admit apart from é really nasty rush hr times, traffic constanly flows easy...

...é only thing is they've gotta adjust é speed limit in tune with this new change - cuz its gonna be worhtless having a smooth flow if some hags stick to 50kmph n cover all é lanes creating a bag log of traffic , all on account of a 1930's peice of transpost legislation!!! :(

the closest we've ever gotten in the colombo city of real crusing is é new uni flow system - ppl have to admit apart from é really nasty rush hr times, traffic constanly flows easy...

...é only thing is they've gotta adjust é speed limit in tune with this new change - cuz its gonna be worhtless having a smooth flow if some hags stick to 50kmph n cover all é lanes creating a bag log of traffic , all on account of a 1930's peice of transpost legislation!!! :(

i admit there is some good in this uniflow system.. but havoc starts when morons who need to take the lane onto the left hand side starts going on the right hand side n suddenly cut across.. from what i hear.. most of the accidents that ve occured in the last few weeks were mainly due to these type of drivers.. they outta put up a big board along with the names of the lanes on the right hand side n left and direct the driver which lane to take to goto which lane... that would def make things more smoother..

n man.. the road from the liberty roundabout al the way down to passing queens is fcuked up literally.. ya ve gotta keep turning like crazy to save ya car.. n at times yaself.. lol.. ya mean to say the 1930's legislation is stil active in the transport sector??!

Zz

Zz

Don't know much about the roads in the US and UK do ya? I suggest u go there and take a look. They have their bad roads and good roads. We have our bad roads and good roads. Don't be so quick to condemn what we have if u don't know jack. Their roads are generally bigger and wider, but quality wise, Colombo is no worse than New York or New Jersey. Its not all highways abroad, they have messed up city roads too.

from that which i've heard the lankan highway code is é very same that which had been used in é UK during é pre50's ear - although they constantly updated theirs with the times é lankan one stayed put cuz no one has since bothered about é local motorways,traffic plan or é line until é very recent hike in fines n this uni flow business

thats also why thoese speed limts r such odd figures like 35MPH (56Km)

it was made for rd's on which minors n é like plyed....

but ur right - adding those name bords from a gantry & putting clear rd marking will make a world of a difference!

&i wish they stopped changing some of é roads over night

ex: Abdul Caffor Mw - one day one way from galle Rd - 2 days later - one way from Duplication!

Don't know much about the roads in the US and UK do ya? I suggest u go there and take a look. They have their bad roads and good roads. We have our bad roads and good roads. Don't be so quick to condemn what we have if u don't know jack. Their roads are generally bigger and wider, but quality wise, Colombo is no worse than New York or New Jersey. Its not all highways abroad, they have messed up city roads too.

i am commenting not about the roads in the city but in the roads of this entire island as a whole.. i knw there are good n bad roads over in the UK n USA .. i didnt say no.. but do a small comparison and ya ll see that the majority of the quality roads goes to developed countries.. check out the roads in the rural areas near the towns in SL and those with towns of the UK and ya ll get what i meant...

furthermore UK got a more regulated and non-corrupted road development board which works in par with the law makers as to what speed would be recommended on which road etc. over here.. even if the road is as smooth as baby's skin ya ve gotta do below 65km...

would ya sponsor ma flight to the UK n US? :(

Zz

Anyway talking abt roads im so proud to be in Attidiya cus Attidiya rd is super, When i had my Accent i always drive 90+ on Attidiya Rd bt if ya dnt know abt Attidiya better to drive slow cus too many cross roads and junctions

Bt still at night times i ppl Race and some test their cars

Edited by GihanFX

from that which i've heard the lankan highway code is é very same that which had been used in é UK during é pre50's ear - although they constantly updated theirs with the times é lankan one stayed put cuz no one has since bothered about é local motorways,traffic plan or é line until é very recent hike in fines n this uni flow business

thats also why thoese speed limts r such odd figures like 35MPH (56Km)

it was made for rd's on which minors n é like plyed....

but ur right - adding those name bords from a gantry & putting clear rd marking will make a world of a difference!

&i wish they stopped changing some of é roads over night

ex: Abdul Caffor Mw - one day one way from galle Rd - 2 days later - one way from Duplication!

what would the Automobile Assosciation of SL be doing bout such laws bro? I mean is it not their objective to promote safe driving and all related? What i mean is .. it is quite unethical to have traffic move slower than maximum speed at which traffic could move efficiently without any probs yeah? and it would def ease traffic congestion as the more quicker the destinations are reached the more quicker the roads are freed of usage...

Are there not any assosciation relating to motorists looking into such matters?

Zz

i am commenting not about the roads in the city but in the roads of this entire island as a whole.. i knw there are good n bad roads over in the UK n USA .. i didnt say no.. but do a small comparison and ya ll see that the majority of the quality roads goes to developed countries.. check out the roads in the rural areas near the towns in SL and those with towns of the UK and ya ll get what i meant...

furthermore UK got a more regulated and non-corrupted road development board which works in par with the law makers as to what speed would be recommended on which road etc. over here.. even if the road is as smooth as baby's skin ya ve gotta do below 65km...

would ya sponsor ma flight to the UK n US? :action-smiley-033:

Zz

Ur stepping on my last nerve here, junior. Thats not what u said earlier. U simply praised roads on the US and UK and comdemned ours.

Also, u and DevZ, remember, them old minors ARE still plying our roads, so safety needs to take them into account too. The situ sucks, but that is the situ. And even with such low speed limits plenty of nuts who don't know the first thing about going fast try it in what is basically ur momma's shopping cart and get hurt. Open season if ppl were allowed to do it legally.

Ur stepping on my last nerve here, junior. Thats not what u said earlier. U simply praised roads on the US and UK and comdemned ours.

Also, u and DevZ, remember, them old minors ARE still plying our roads, so safety needs to take them into account too. The situ sucks, but that is the situ. And even with such low speed limits plenty of nuts who don't know the first thing about going fast try it in what is basically ur momma's shopping cart and get hurt. Open season if ppl were allowed to do it legally.

I dont entirely agree with you on this peri, doesn't the mere fact that the traffic cops are so lazy and disorganized, and so very unpredictable (you fly past at 120 and they take no notice, but go at 62 and they stop you- personal experience) make a mockery of the speed limits anyway??

and as to your second point, nutters will probably always be nutters regardless of what the limits are don't you think?

this is just IMO btw.....

Peri u do have a point...something that was é root of another conversation last eve amoung petrol heads

ppl who drive "agrresivly" per se or ones that dont sit about and who know thier cars limits as well as thier own do quite well for themselves to stay out of trouble and be responsible on é road

BUT é flip side is these 2 bit good for nothing nutter who dunno jack abt cars or speed n insist on creaping through é tightest space at the greatest possible speed making life not just hell for other motorisist but jeapourdising thier passengers n pedestrians!!

biggest culprits are those ppl who run VANS!!! - not generalising - but merely my observation - u see those vans with the rideculouse horns with an entire village full of ppl stuffed inside &bare bodies males drinking something or é other to knindom come...

so put such ppl & novie drivers with no motoring knowledge wut so ever with a speed limit of a 100kmph hypothetically and Sri Lanka is gonna be looking at a Negative population growth rate!!!!

:action-smiley-033:

so unless soone truly know wut thier doing they shouldnt be allowed to go fast

and Sri Lankans Rd network n set up isnt geard to handle speed cuz of J walkers and motorcars not suitable for speed n incompetant under trained drivers who dont know any better than to be daft!!!!!!!

correct DevZ.. the only way to learn bout how far the limits are on ya vehicle is to be a bit extreme.. and i just noticed that speeds upto 65kmph allows you sufficient reaction time even for the normal driver..

just a question.. would it be ethical catching motorists for high speed at night when there are lil or no traffic or pedestrians for that matter? i mean catching em with the intention o identifying potentional drunks are exceptional.. and what i mean by hi-speeds does not take 100+ into the equation.. just above the normal speed limit i mean..

but seems like Galle Road has taken a good approach towards jaywalkers.. they ve erected steel barriers all over the place so its all good.. but knowing sri lankans including me with the tendency to jump over .. beware! lol

Zz

Well, S_N, the world and ppl aren't perfect. But there is a chance of getting copped, and that is enough to deter some ppl. Then at least those ppl are out of trouble.

I mean, just coz the traffic cops don't do the job, thats no reason to speed. Traffic cops can't catch 100% of offenders anyway, hence the fixed speed cameras that you find abroad. I mean, a cop can be writing a ticket for someone else when u blow by if its ur lucky day :action-smiley-033: But would u risk it being ur lucky day?

And on my second point, yes, exactly, nutters will be nutters, and they need another approach, but there is no need to have the majority of drivers out there joining the nutters on the fast lane. Specially in cars that can't handle it in roads that aren't suited for it.

And DevZ has a point to. Had to go thru Maharagama a couple of days. Two lane road has only enough room for one lane of traffic coz all the pedestrians have spilled off the pavements and occupy one lane of road themselves!