• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

What's The Fastest You Have Gone?

isurujosh

You know what, byte-a-thon aside, I think Californication might actually have the answer to this!

Google and the brochures doesn't have that kinda info man, why do you think that j***a$$ would know?

Didn't someone bring up that the motor can kick when stationary if the demand on the AC is high? Possible.

Mind you, I don't think it counts to the avg speed, like another dumbass who reproduced the marketing spiel seems to think. Personally I think he's flat out lying hoping to look informed where he really has no idea. Rather like Nikan does all the time. Like the wheel covers story.

2010-2011-2012 prius idle time also considered as part avg.speed & avg consumption calculations because when you stay in idle if u use ac(air condition electric compressor getting power from the traction battery) when battery level going down petrol engine automatically kicks starts and recharge the battery when u r in idle mean power on (system ready) so .... when the time pass average consumption & average speed both going down

yesterday i checked this thoroughly

nothing to discuss further... believe it or not... it's up to you'll

another thing..,

this is not only with toyota hybrids when i was in europe i used a saab(a swedish car-not hybrid) that car also have a computer that calculates average consumption & speed with idle time

Edited by sanjeev
  • Like 1

The trip computer average speed meter uses idle time and stationary time when the car is at 0 kmph (as long as the transmission is in Drive) in the average speed calculation. This is not just the Prius, but any car with a trip computer does it this way.

Think about it: if a car is travelling in a very heavy traffic jam where traffic is at a standstill much of the time, all that time at 0 kmph has to be factored into the average speed calculation for it to be accurate.

The trip computer fuel economy meter uses wheel rotations and fuel injector pulses to do the fuel economy calculation so being at idle and stationary is also factored into the fuel economy calculation.

• Like 1

STEIo.jpg

Google and the brochures doesn't have that kinda info man, why do you think that j***a$$ would know?

Pericles and Schiffer aren't the only ones who have this mentality about using Google and the internet (there are several others). But this anti using Google mentality is probably the dumbest and most backward mindset on AL. This is the kind of thing that makes the suddhas roll on the floor laughing at Sri Lankans because they can't believe anyone could have such a dumb mentality, or it makes them start crying out of pity because it's such an opposite, inside-out, upside-down, and backwards mentality.

The internet and Google is one of the greatest inventions in history. For the first time ever people everywhere in the world have the access to the same vast storehouse of knowledge and information.

But what do some of our Sri Lankan fellows do about it? They try to make using one of the greatest inventions in history into a bad thing. Dumb, dumb, dumb. Backwards, backwards, backwards. Especially when you consider that the first world advanced nations are doing everything they can to integrate the internet and Google deeper into their infrastructure and people's lives.

• Like 1

hari hari.. my corona does 20kmpl average when i start my car and keep thr engine running for like a hour and then move thr car few feet. amazing neda meyala

seems like cali n sanjeev went to the same maths class ne ;)

The internet and Google is one of the greatest inventions in history.

ejsk83.png

yes yes we know it's the greatest thing happen to your life now go and google more and more.

Edited by nexus

hari hari.. my corona does 20kmpl average when i start my car and keep thr engine running for like a hour and then move thr car few feet. amazing neda meyala

seems like cali n sanjeev went to the same maths class ne ;)

that's nothing machang my vi-rs does 24.54323kmpl when using your method. ;)

it's not a maths class it's must be a matto class. :D

2010-2011-2012 prius idle time also considered as part avg.speed & avg consumption calculations because when you stay in idle if u use ac(air condition electric compressor getting power from the traction battery) when battery level going down petrol engine automatically kicks starts and recharge the battery when u r in idle mean power on (system ready) so .... when the time pass average consumption & average speed both going down

yesterday i checked this thoroughly

nothing to discuss further... believe it or not... it's up to you'll

another thing..,

this is not only with toyota hybrids when i was in europe i used a saab(a swedish car-not hybrid) that car also have a computer that calculates average consumption & speed with idle time

Resolution of the Day: I am going to be nice to people.... no matter how 'interesting' they are.

Dear Sanjeev,

If a car is moving, the instantaneous consumption is calculated in kilometers per litre

If a car is idling, the instantaneous consumption is calculated in litres per hour

THIS should be the correct indication in the trip computer

So far, no one has invented a method of converting 'litres per hour' to 'kilometers per litre'. Perhaps you and Cali can do a research paper on that. I am pretty sure it will be a scientific breakthrough. Cali is pretty good at researching and making unique conclusions. Please note that I am using the word 'unique' in its broadest sense, the same way some people use the word 'special child'.

Average consumption, on the other hand is merely the total distance traveled divided by total fuel consumed. For this calculation, it is irrelevant whether the car was moving, idling, sleeping, eating or fornicating. This is the reason why even when the prius runs on battery and doesn't consume any fuel in theory, it is still considered in the calculation. In fact, the average consumption figure includes the fuel needed to move the car, fuel needed to keep the engine in idle, fuel needed to keep the A/C running, distance traveled while the engine was running and distance traveled using electric traction.

All these figures are merely indicative. There are no calculations that can actually give the exact fuel consumption of any vehicle. Again, you and Cali can join hands, use your math skills and Cali's research skills to come up with a scientific breakthrough...

Edited by Crosswind
  • Like 4

Pericles and Schiffer aren't the only ones who have this mentality about using Google and the internet (there are several others). But this anti using Google ...

Only an utter moron like Cali would think that we attack people for using Google. :rolleyes:

Lets see if I can explain this clearly enough that even a retard like you could get it. We don't look down on people who use Google. We look down on YOU, who has no practical knowledge and thinks that Google will substitute. We see you as the kind of clown who forwards email thinking microsoft and aol will track it and donate 5 cents to little suzy, or will give out a bank number so some Nigerian woman can transfer her assets out of the country. :rolleyes:

Clear now?

Dumb, dumb, dumb. Backwards, backwards, backwards. Especially when you consider that the first world advanced nations are doing everything they can to integrate the internet and Google deeper into their infrastructure and people's lives.

And BTW Cali, there are Waaaay too many IT experts on this forum for you to be making as dumbass and absolutely retarded comment like that. Stop wasting people's time by lying about shit you don't know and go away.

The trip computer average speed meter uses idle time and stationary time when the car is at 0 kmph (as long as the transmission is in Drive) in the average speed calculation. This is not just the Prius, but any car with a trip computer does it this way.

Think about it: if a car is travelling in a very heavy traffic jam where traffic is at a standstill much of the time, all that time at 0 kmph has to be factored into the average speed calculation for it to be accurate.

The trip computer fuel economy meter uses wheel rotations and fuel injector pulses to do the fuel economy calculation so being at idle and stationary is also factored into the fuel economy calculation.

But all that googling hasn't seem to have shown him how to address the point, which was that the hybrid should shut down the engine when stationary (not idle at a few hundred revs like an ordinary car), thereby there would be no fuel injector pulses during that period, rather like what should happen if the car was running on all electric drive for a while.

Didn't someone bring up that the motor can kick when stationary if the demand on the AC is high? Possible.

2010-2011-2012 prius idle time also considered as part avg.speed & avg consumption calculations because when you stay in idle if u use ac(air condition electric compressor getting power from the traction battery) when battery level going down petrol engine automatically kicks starts and recharge the battery

This one needed another 24 hours after my post to figure that out being a Prius owner. That one needed even longer to google it up. Ironic, since I figured it out not being a Prius owner and not having any friends who own one either. And without Google too.

And that, Cali, is why the title "Google Expert" is tacked onto you as an insult. Wanna go check who them suddah's you so dearly love to brown nose talk about have to say about you now?

that's nothing machang my vi-rs does 24.54323kmpl when using your method. ;)

it's not a maths class it's must be a matto class. :D

wow man amazing :o u might get more than 26.5213 if you switch off the AC ban ;)

LOL :D

Resolution of the Day: I am going to be nice to people.... no matter how 'interesting' they are.

Dear Sanjeev,

If a car is moving, the instantaneous consumption is calculated in kilometers per litre

If a car is idling, the instantaneous consumption is calculated in litres per hour

THIS should be the correct indication in the trip computer

So far, no one has invented a method of converting 'litres per hour' to 'kilometers per litre'. Perhaps you and Cali can do a research paper on that. I am pretty sure it will be a scientific breakthrough. Cali is pretty good at researching and making unique conclusions. Please note that I am using the word 'unique' in its broadest sense, the same way some people use the word 'special child'.

Average consumption, on the other hand is merely the total distance traveled divided by total fuel consumed. For this calculation, it is irrelevant whether the car was moving, idling, sleeping, eating or fornicating. This is the reason why even when the prius runs on battery and doesn't consume any fuel in theory, it is still considered in the calculation. In fact, the average consumption figure includes the fuel needed to move the car, fuel needed to keep the engine in idle, fuel needed to keep the A/C running, distance traveled while the engine was running and distance traveled using electric traction.

All these figures are merely indicative. There are no calculations that can actually give the exact fuel consumption of any vehicle. Again, you and Cali can join hands, use your math skills and Cali's research skills to come up with a scientific breakthrough...

Owned Bi@tch..... hoooo cali.....

CALI you Dumbass.... u see what happens when there are people around here that has actual car knowlege and didnt take interest in cars only when hybrids arrived....... i faced this many a times in many industries.... the funniest was when i was incharge of the the audio balancing for a concert at st peters.... there was a new bugger with an audio engineering degree or some crap and bought tons of equipment to help balance the sounds... and couldnt do it for hours, while the seasoned veteren from "KARU sounds" wearing a sarong came and said "mahatthya mama karala dennada" the ignorant prick thought since he had the latest technology and analyszers that he could put down the guy.. finally i told the bugger to F off and let the old man do it... he balanced it in 15 mins... the guy was in his 70's.....

goes to show u need to know ur stuff before u mouth off and talk about latest technology....

• Like 2