• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Engine swap 4m40 to 4m41

Bala21

Question

Can we do engine replacement to mistshubishi pajero from 4m40 to 4m41 ? Anyone had experience? 

Is it a good idea or replace with same 4m40 engine is the best choice ?

Where can i find good repairers + for painting ?

Thanks in advance

Edited by Bala21

4 answers to this question

22 hours ago, Bala21 said:

Can we do engine replacement to mistshubishi pajero from 4m40 to 4m41 ? Anyone had experience? 

Thanks in advance

Could be better if you can specify which year and transmission etc

A 4m41 off a montero will span about 800k LKR and go upto 1 Mil based on bits included

4m41 has a bit more grunt but also a troublesome engine, sometimes a proper OCD level rebuild of a 4m40 might be worth it in comparison to a 4m41 from a half cut car.

Of course you get to brag about the 3200cc but in reality even a 2500cc 4d56U turbo can make that power in their newer guises in newer models.

Of course it can be done and there are people, depending on your locality.

My knowledge is a bit dated on DMT matters but AFAIK there is a CC limit you can go in an engine upgrade. So check with them or else your vehicle wont be road legal, and given the times selling will also be a nightmare given the CR is not updated 

Edited by tiv
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Bala21 said:

Thanks in advance

What's the model... v46 or v76/96 ??

On 11/3/2020 at 8:57 AM, tiv said:

Could be better if you can specify which year and transmission etc

A 4m41 off a montero will span about 800k LKR and go upto 1 Mil based on bits included

4m41 has a bit more grunt but also a troublesome engine, sometimes a proper OCD level rebuild of a 4m40 might be worth it in comparison to a 4m41 from a half cut car.

Of course you get to brag about the 3200cc but in reality even a 2500cc 4d56U turbo can make that power in their newer guises in newer models.

Of course it can be done and there are people, depending on your locality.

My knowledge is a bit dated on DMT matters but AFAIK there is a CC limit you can go in an engine upgrade. So check with them or else your vehicle wont be road legal, and given the times selling will also be a nightmare given the CR is not updated 

Thank you veru much. Its 1996 v46 auto gear. I'm planning to repair the engine. if it's failed,  plan to replace engine . If so better go with 4m40 right ? . Do you any good mechanic in colombo ?