• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

L Board liscene

Dhanujaya

Official rules don't say such things. But the police will. 

Normally as a learner, you're expected to drive/ride slowly, keep to the left of the road, not to do overtakes, not to leave your town, not to drive on highways and as stated, not to ride at night. 

Since learners are new to the road, the police and other people tell the above to prevent them from getting into trouble as they don't have much experience. 

I have driven at 2am night, have done cross province, long trips, have done overtakes, all when I had an L board but the police never stopped me.

Legally, you can ride at night. But if the police were to stop you and scare you with lies, don't falter and  just talk it out. A person running a driving school told me the only law regarding L boards is that they can't ride with a passenger on motorcycles and can't drive alone in a car. 

Drive/ride responsibly. Don't accept challenges and go racing with others. Don't overestimate your skill, practice hard braking and smooth gearshifting on empty roads so you won't get scared and panic brake during incidents.

Ride safe. 

Edited by AVANTE
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, AVANTE said:

Don't accept challenges and go racing with others. Don't overestimate your skill, practice hard braking and smooth gear shifting on empty roads so you won't get scared and panic brake during incidents.

@Dhanujaya I would like to welcome you to the forum as this is your first post. :food-smiley-004:

I love above part of the comment. Many of our young people who will take over the country in the future face fatal accidents due to ignoring these things. Most teens like to ride fast. But don't know how to control the bike during events.
So take time, be patient, practice well and be a good rider.
Good luck. 

4 hours ago, kusumsiri said:

Many of our young people who will take over the country in the future face fatal accidents due to ignoring these things. Most teens like to ride fast. But don't know how to control the bike during events.
So take time, be patient, practice well and be a good rider.
Good luck. 

That's one way of seeing it. Really, some people lose their family breadwinners and caretakers because of one careless mistake. 

BTW @kusumsiri, didn't see you in this side for a while now. What's up and how's the Morris? 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, AVANTE said:

That's one way of seeing it. Really, some people lose their family breadwinners and caretakers because of one careless mistake. 

BTW @kusumsiri, didn't see you in this side for a while now. What's up and how's the Morris? 

First things first. The same day I saw a similar post on the SLTV FB Group regarding the L board license. Not sure from the same person. “ඔය මොන පර්මිට් එකවත් නැතුව අවුරුදු ගානක් ඩ්‍රයිව් කලා මම" one comment for that. Sorry about how misleading others are. Especially beginners.

Didn't go out much because of the epidemic. But a few test drives, a few short trips went. But could not find an opportunity to take pictures. I will try to update the blog soon. Thanks for inquiring.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, kusumsiri said:

“ඔය මොන පර්මිට් එකවත් නැතුව අවුරුදු ගානක් ඩ්‍රයිව් කලා මම" one comment for that

This is not to condone driving on public roads without any form of license/permit....the risks and the outcomes of what might happen are simply not worth any gain to get by driving unlicensed.

Now....was this an old guy (probaby not because he was on FB)?

Way back in the 80s there were a lot of old people who just got in to driving in the 60s and 50s and never actually got licensed. They just learnt to drive and just kept driving (as cars and driving licenses were a sort of a social luxury or a requirement to serve the masters..not to mention the issuing department probably would not have had the capacity to issue a high volume anyway). 

Of course, this was only possible as the world was way different back then...far less people on the road...far less traffic on the road....so a lot of people managed to get away without colossaly screwing up thier lives and other peoples' lives. Same with underaged driving in the 70s and 80s...or even having kids in the car without baby/child seats...come to think of it...there are way too many people on the road these days that driving sucks. Why would anyone in their right mind actually want to drive now ?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

• iRage locked this topic