• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Premio NZT260 (YOM 2007) Smart Key Malfuntion

r3423

Question

sometimes, I cannot lock or unlock the car with the remote smart key. also the yellow coloured 'key missing sign' appears when the key is inside the car and even while driving the car. (EVEN AFTER REPLACING THE KEY BATTERY) What are the causes for this kind of malfunctioning of the smart key? How can they be fixed? 

download (1).jpg

4 answers to this question

Is there anything else that would interfere with its signal that you leave close to the car ? Cell phones ? Some sort of wireless device ? FM radio transeivers for your USB stick with illegal music ?

If not, and since you have replaced the battery, if could be that:

1. the key's transmitter is broken. Did you try the spare key ? do you see the same symptoms ?

2. the transceiver in the car for detecting the key fob is malfunctioning. In which case you will have to go to an electronics place and get it checked out.

Also, it very well could be that the battery you bought is bad. These batteries sit around on shelves for long periods of time and what you get might not be good. Try a new battery from a different shop and see what happens (especially if everything is fine when you use the spare key.

• Like 1

thanks a lot for taking time to reply. really appreciate.

15 hours ago, iRage said:

Is there anything else that would interfere with its signal that you leave close to the car

well, I have a bluetooth headset connected to the phone while driving and left it in the car. but key malfunction comes even when its switched off. could it be a culprit? 🤔

Did you try the spare key ? do you see the same symptoms ?

I have a spare key, but haven't used it at all. so I tried it after inserting a new battery. but it's not working at all.

transceiver in the car for detecting the key fob is malfunctioning

I will check on that.

battery you bought is bad

well, it's a good battery though 😊

one more thing to clarify. is it normal to blink that tiny red bulb in the key automatically when the key is near the car?

thanks a lot.

7 hours ago, r3423 said:

well, I have a bluetooth headset connected to the phone while driving and left it in the car. but key malfunction comes even when its switched off. could it be a culprit? 🤔

Well....a bluetooth also uses 2.4GHz...so it can interfere with the key. However, bluetooth has some pretty funky mechanisms to stop inteference. So unlikely..but you never know.

7 hours ago, r3423 said:

I have a spare key, but haven't used it at all. so I tried it after inserting a new battery. but it's not working at all.

So the spare key is not working at all ? Even if you put the battery you have in the fob you usually use ?

7 hours ago, r3423 said:

I will check on that.

Well...you are checking on that by doing these test. Beyond that you will have to take it to a place tha does these systems. Please do not take it one of these places that are known for messing up the car's electronics and selling cheap Chinese stuff.

7 hours ago, r3423 said:

well, it's a good battery though 😊

How do you know its good ? :D 

7 hours ago, r3423 said:

one more thing to clarify. is it normal to blink that tiny red bulb in the key automatically when the key is near the car?

Depends on the type of key you have...the older ones...yes...had a a little red light that indicated pairing with the car and it also did a flashy thing when the battery was low

16 hours ago, iRage said:

So the spare key is not working at all ? Even if you put the battery you have in the fob you usually use ?

yes. so, could it be a program error?

16 hours ago, iRage said:

Well...you are checking on that by doing these test. Beyond that you will have to take it to a place tha does these systems. Please do not take it one of these places that are known for messing up the car's electronics and selling cheap Chinese stuff.

ok. got the point.

thanks a lot