• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Fit Clutch Pack Failure...should I buy a new car (Aqua) ?

Sarmad Khalid

Question

Hello there, i recently bought a honda fit 2015 , import 2017.
The car is 161000 km driven.
Yesterday i was driving on a cruising speed of 110km/h suddenly it lost its clutch.

I had a mechanic open the gear and dual clutch bearings were damaged. I had to buy a new dual clutch kit.

Now i am thinking of buying Toyota aqua, is there anything u can guide me regarding this car and its manufacturing faults and also uf someone can tell if to sell this car in order to avoid the same issue again.

Regards

Edited by iRage

2 answers to this question

19 hours ago, Sarmad Khalid said:

Hello there, i recently bought a honda fit 2015 , import 2017.
The car is 161000 km driven.
Yesterday i was driving on a cruising speed of 110km/h suddenly it lost its clutch.

I had a mechanic open the gear and dual clutch bearings were damaged. I had to buy a new dual clutch kit.

Now i am thinking of buying Toyota aqua, is there anything u can guide me regarding this car and its manufacturing faults and also uf someone can tell if to sell this car in order to avoid the same issue again.

Regards

The clutch pack faulted...and you replaced it...that does not mean you need to run and buy a new car. Just don't. Use the Fit as it is...the price you pay for cars these days and the risk you will have to face...it simlpy is not worth it.

Remember...you know your Fit...you know its history, its faults and its true nature. A clutch pack gave way, you fixed it...give it a good inspection and fix everything you can find with it (and maybe even upgrade some components).

Are you looking at buying an unregistered Aqua ? In SL...buying an unregistered car vs a registered car has the same risks. Accident repairs, turned back odo-meters, etc...

If you buy an Aqua, you do not know its history, what hidden faults are there. For all you know you might have more problems with the Aqua than the Fit...

The Aqua has a nice active..perky little frame but with really vague and no-feeling steering. The interior feels somewhat plastic and simple. Coparatively, the Fit is a much more refined and engaging car to drive..so in many ways you will feel like you down graded. The feeling might be less if you get a fully loaded Aqua with all the bells and whistles...but those are not very common in SL. Even if you do find one, the chances of all the bells and whistles being installed by Darley Rd. Joseph-aiya doing a car yard visit is very high.

Being a Hybrid your main concern would be the status of the Hybrid system. If is used in SL, you do not know what the status is...if it unregistered and unused in SL, then it is a car that has been sitting around idle for a year or more. Not running is bad for the battery (and other parts of the car too) as it does not go through its usual charge/discharge cycle.

• Like 1

Sarmad, so your car broke and you fixed it, no worries now.

(If you buy an Aqua chances are its been tampered with, the number of odo-rollbacks and 'atawapu' cars in the market is too damn high and the markup you pay is not worth it at all. 

Popular Sinhala proverb: "The Devil you know is better than the Angel you don't" <- Personal Experience 😢 

• Like 1