• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Axio hybrid error ブレーキ システムチェック (Brake system check )

psw

Question

10 answers to this question

2 hours ago, psw said:

Does any body faced this issue previously and what we can do to overcome ?

Message got disappeared when i'm taking the car to a repair center.any how i did a scan and they showed me the below errors() . i have checked my service history and i have never fully changed the break oil.(Current ODO 71000 km) . would you please give your ideas on below errors

your ideas on the attached errors

5 hours ago, psw said:

Message got disappeared when i'm taking the car to a repair center.any how i did a scan and they showed me the below errors() . i have checked my service history and i have never fully changed the break oil.(Current ODO 71000 km) . would you please give your ideas on below errors

your ideas on the attached errors

Link not working

No idea what the images are...but brake fluid is a serviceable item. In Japan it gets swapped every two years (or 20,000km which ever come first). In some markets the export model variants recommend a 30,000km or so change interval (i.e. 3 years). So no matter what the error code picture is...you should change the brake fluid.

13 hours ago, psw said:

Thank you very much for your comments .

Scan report shows below .

1)Brake booster Pump Motor on Time Abnormally Long

2)Pump Motor Relay
3)ACCumulator Low Pressure

Seems, common failure of the Brake booster pump (so called ABS issue). Since this is a common case for Axio, Aqua, there are lots of places doing repairs and used parts also readily available. 

Anyway, replace brake oil first and see what's happening (because it will not cost you more than Rs. 5,000). Sometimes you may observe some improvement after replacing brake oil. 

Edited by gayanath

On 3/7/2021 at 9:01 PM, psw said:

Thank you very much for your comments .

Scan report shows below .

1)Brake booster Pump Motor on Time Abnormally Long

2)Pump Motor Relay
3)ACCumulator Low Pressure

I am not exactly sure how brake failsafe works in Axio, but please get that booster/pump sorted quickly.  Its not fun when brake boost and/or ABS modulation goes haywire.!

Thank all for your valuable thought.Since my Service also reached .i have taken car to HYBRID ... and did a scan there .no fault captured in the Scan report now .they are saying without any fault i dont have to proceed with the Accumulator replacement  and also they said the brake oil also there with good condition.could not observe any issue on break as well.Is there any  way to check my ABS system working as expected.highly appreciated your comments 

22 minutes ago, psw said:

i have taken car to HYBRID ... and did a scan there .no fault captured in the Scan report now .they are saying without any fault i dont have to proceed with the Accumulator replacement 

This is true. 

But if your below statement also true, 

On 3/7/2021 at 10:44 AM, psw said:

i have checked my service history and i have never fully changed the break oil.(Current ODO 71000 km) . would you please give your ideas on below errors

Then, you should definitely replace your brake oil ASAP. Trust me, you will see the difference in brake feel after replacing the oil.

No one can judge the quality of brake oil with the naked eye (or even the small gadget like a pen also couldn't do it) 

Edited by gayanath

30 minutes ago, psw said:

Thank all for your valuable thought.Since my Service also reached .i have taken car to HYBRID ... and did a scan there .no fault captured in the Scan report now .they are saying without any fault i dont have to proceed with the Accumulator replacement  and also they said the brake oil also there with good condition.could not observe any issue on break as well.Is there any  way to check my ABS system working as expected.highly appreciated your comments 

How did they check the brake oil ?

Brake oil replacement is a mandatory service point every 2 years (or 3 years for most export models) in almost all countries. In Japan not changing it is a failure of road worthy inspection. 

In SL a lot of baases look at the color of the fluid to determine if it is needed or needed. But it is not just about color...if the color has turned balck that means it has absorbed the impurities/corrosion from the brake line. The brake lines get corroeded because brake fluid absorbs moisture and that moisture causes the brake lining surface to deteriorate. So the idea is that you need to change the oil BEFORE the oil gets dark so that the cause for brake oil getting dark does not happen in the first place. Whether you like it or not..the brake lines WILL absorb moisture even though it is in a closed circuit. The excessive heat causes has gas bubbles, thus air pockets...the system is not 100% air tight and sealed so the air pockets causes outside air with moisture to come in. These airpockets also reduce braking efficiency. If you have no record of the brake fluid being changed...you MUST change it. It was irresponsible of HYBRID to say it is not needed (especially if they did not take a sample and check for moisture levels). As Gayanath mentioned...change the oil..you will feel a huge difference and your brake system will be in much better condition.

A brake fluid change costs what ? 5000 -10000LKR ? A worn out braking system costs a lot more to fix.

As for the error codes....well it got there the first time around from some where....what made it erase ? or dissapear ? Was there a log of the error codes being deleted ? Or is it a case of it gave the error codes before but now for some reason it has stopped giving out that error code ? <in which case you might have some intermittent problem and you should keep an eye out>

Edited by iRage