• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Toyota Allion

Lucian

I have a toyota 'G' package.

My side mirrors have a heater element (on the reverse side). Can some one please let me know under what conditions these start heating. I assumed it would heatup automatically at startup or in wet weather but did not notice a change in temparature in either situation.

Also I want to tap the wire that comes from the door switch which controls the dome light. Please let me know where the harness is located and the color code for same.

Hi Lucian,

Welcome to the Autolanka Forums.. Its nice to meet another Allion owner and I too have a G package Allion.

I never knew there were heat elements behind the side mirrors, Is it really there?

I have an idea where the door swithes can all be tapped at the same time but have no idea where the dome light harness is, let me know if you manage to find out..

Have you tried visiting any electritions? they might know

All the best with your search.

Hi Lucian,

Welcome to the Autolanka Forums.. Its nice to meet another Allion owner and I too have a G package Allion.

I never knew there were heat elements behind the side mirrors, Is it really there?

I have an idea where the door swithes can all be tapped at the same time but have no idea where the dome light harness is, let me know if you manage to find out..

Im sure the Allion n the Premio share almost everything, and i havnt noticed the heating side mirrors either.. strange...

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Lucian,

Thanks for replying.

Oh Cool, maybe it was added later on. I noticed this when I took it to get a cable attached to protect it from theft. I'm quite not sure how effective it is !!

Ok on the door switch.. so where can I tap it? I know a electrician can help me out, but I like to do crazy stuff myself.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Guys and Gals,

Today I can vouch the Allion has heating side mirrors. I was up country last week and heck the morning was cold ( I say this compared to SL weather). My car was covered with mist. The defroster was on yet I had some issues with the mist and humid build from my breathing.

Then I noticed my side mirrors came clear. I touched it and yes it was warm so there goes proven the allion has heating mirrors. :D:D

Edited by Lucian Devotta

Guys and Gals,

Today I can vouch the Allion has heating side mirrors. I was up country last week and heck the morning was cold ( I say this compared to SL weather). My car was covered with mist. The defroster was on yet I had some issues with the mist and humid build from my breathing.

Then I noticed my side mirrors came clear. I touched it and yes it was warm so there goes proven the allion has heating mirrors. :D:D

it probably works once the Demister is on or with the heater setting turned on in the Climate control