• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

A vehicle for 10mn budget in this bloated market

Hasitha Mahesh

Question

Hello,

I'm looking to buy a car for with a maximum budget of 10mn. In fact, I've been looking for past couple of months and torn between very few good options available at my price range with this bloated market. 

I'm looking at either a Q2 or a vezel at the moment. Buying a toyota or a Suzuki is out of the question as I don't want to pay 9.5mil for a shitty 6mn raize or allion. 

My orignal interest was a Peugeot 3008 as it was a decent suv at my budget range. Now it had shot up to 13-14m ranges. Curse the retarded car sales owners of this country. 

Any suggestions for my budget and feedback on my current choices are much appreciated.

8 answers to this question

24 minutes ago, Hasitha Mahesh said:

Hello,

I'm looking to buy a car for with a maximum budget of 10mn. In fact, I've been looking for past couple of months and torn between very few good options available at my price range with this bloated market. 

I'm looking at either a Q2 or a vezel at the moment. Buying a toyota or a Suzuki is out of the question as I don't want to pay 9.5mil for a shitty 6mn raize or allion. 

My orignal interest was a Peugeot 3008 as it was a decent suv at my budget range. Now it had shot up to 13-14m ranges. Curse the retarded car sales owners of this country. 

Any suggestions for my budget and feedback on my current choices are much appreciated.

What about a CRV?  10M for a vezel just doesn't sound right.

Edited by matroska

6 minutes ago, matroska said:

What about a CRV?  10M for a vezel just doesn't sound right.

CR-V is also an option but then again a low milage crv is 12m+

I'm looking for something below 30k milage because you can never know how the previous owner maintained and at higher milage, you are most likely to get something with improper driving and maintenance with a load of underlying issues that would only be known after driving the car for a while. Specially since these vehicles are DCT and if not taken care properly, will face a lot of gearbox related issues. All the vezels below 20k milage are priced close to 10m. What a beautiful country. 

Q2 is the primary candidate at the moment. Just looking around to see if I missed any other options

2 minutes ago, Hasitha Mahesh said:

Specially since these vehicles are DCT 

The CRV has a CVT gear box.

Checked prices -you're right CRV's are  well above 10M.  Even the  previous generation 2016 ones are around 9M 😂

On 4/25/2021 at 4:57 PM, Hasitha Mahesh said:

Specially since these vehicles are DCT

CRVs have CVTs in them...not DCT. Even in the Vezel/Grace/Fit only the Hybrid variants came with DCTs. Your responces and posts are contradictory. In your initial post you say you are considering a Q2 or a Vezel (which 99% of those in SL have a DCT) but discount the likes of a CRV for having a DCT (even though it doesn't). Then you go and say the Allion is a shitty 6mn LKR car which is what a Vezel is as well (they both fall in to the same economic class..1.6 - 2.5mil yen bracket). It is just that the Vezel is not going for crazy prices beacuse of its poor rep (DCT issue plus lectronics going wack). There was a time when Vezels did go for ridiculous prices relative to the Allion.

Then there is this hole 30,000km comment. That is rather ignorant. There are plenty of cars that have genuine mileages around 30,000km (that were bought from the agent) but actually not in good shape at all. Quite a few of the new-money permit imported Euros are prime examples of that. Besides...you can never trust the mileages in a SL car. So your notion of a 30,000km or less car having lesser problems might come to bite you. So pay extra attention.

Just get the Q2. That is what you want.

No matter what is suggested you are going to find a reason to actually align yourself with the Q2 and it does seem like the only time you will acept any suggestion is if it has more brand appeal than an Audi. Someone suggested a Mazda 6...well...most of the Mazda 6s are quite hacked..the good ones hardly get sold these days. 

Edited by iRage

2 hours ago, iRage said:

CRVs have CVTs in them...not DCT. Even in the Vezel/Grace/Fit only the Hybrid variants came with DCTs. Your responces and posts are contradictory. In your initial post you say you are considering a Q2 or a Vezel (which 99% of those in SL have a DCT) but discount the likes of a CRV for having a DCT (even though it doesn't). Then you go and say the Allion is a shitty 6mn LKR car which is what a Vezel is as well (they both fall in to the same economic class..1.6 - 2.5mil yen bracket). It is just that the Vezel is not going for crazy prices beacuse of its poor rep (DCT issue plus lectronics going wack). There was a time when Vezels did go for ridiculous prices relative to the Allion.

Then there is this hole 30,000km comment. That is rather ignorant. There are plenty of cars that have genuine mileages around 30,000km (that were bought from the agent) but actually not in good shape at all. Quite a few of the new-money permit imported Euros are prime examples of that. Besides...you can never trust the mileages in a SL car. So your notion of a 30,000km or less car having lesser problems might come to bite you. So pay extra attention.

Just get the Q2. That is what you want.

No matter what is suggested you are going to find a reason to actually align yourself with the Q2 and it does seem like the only time you will acept any suggestion is if it has more brand appeal than an Audi. Someone suggested a Mazda 6...well...most of the Mazda 6s are quite hacked..the good ones hardly get sold these days. 

Just a few things to be said tho. When i mentioned DCT i was talking about vezel and Q2. Don't know where you got the CR-V mixed up in there. There was no mention of CRV in my OP and since it is out of my budget range anyway it was not even in my consideration list. The other person mentioned it. 

The toyotas i mentioned are extremely hyped up with insane prices just because of the toyota tag and hence the remark on them being not worth it. Never in my post i have said that vezel is worth for that price. I was considering it just because its price is not bloated out of propotions as you mentioned. Hell, even the Q2 is not near worth for this price bracket. But, its all we get, being in this situation. Either way, why are you coming out as aggressive and condescending towards someone asking for honest opinions on vehicle options. Elitist much?

5 hours ago, Dilshan_5 said:

If a Sedan is acceptable , Mazda 6 YOM 2015 upwards is an option within your budget. Most were imported by permit holders and maintained at agents, there is a good chance of finding a honest vehicle. 

Thank you. I'll do some research on the ups and downs of the mazdas. 

24 minutes ago, Hasitha Mahesh said:

ither way, why are you coming out as aggressive and condescending towards someone asking for honest opinions on vehicle options. Elitist much?

Well...for starters you are the one who was being condescending calling certain cars s**t boxes but then turnning two faced about another car that falls in to the same category (please do learn to respect cars no matter what the brand or market perception is...remember there are people who might own these cars or these cars might be exactly what meets the requirements of another...so calling their cars those names is disrespectful..I am not the biggest fan of the Allion/Premio..but still). I never said that the Vezel was over priced. I said that there was a time before when the Vezel was all the rage and it was pricier than the Allion (thus making the Vezel too a s**t box).

As for the CRV..you turned it down when someone else proposed it and then went on about DCTs. The way you wrote it implied that it was in reference to the CRV (in fact someone else before me had made the same comment about the CRV).

I might be elitist in your eyes...but your attitude towards the responses towards suggestions made by other members was quite snobbish as well. In fact the only acceptance you are taking is that of the Mazda 6 and based on your previous replies..I account that for you just putting it on to prove me wrong.

Its just that at the end of the day I strongly feel that you are just wasting the members time just so you can justify the Q2 which your mind is already made up on. Sorry..might be unfair on you for me to pre-judge the situation but over many years we have had people post questions and replies just like this...

So...anyway...all the best on your car search.

Edited by iRage