• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Merc S500 In Sl

GTAm

Just heard from a guy at D*MO that they sold a S500 for over 50m to a young guy in Colombo!

Holy cow....!! That`s half a million in US Dollars....!! R u sure its 50 million..?? gosh, never thought some one might spend so much for a car here.. :( Anyways, keep us updated on this will ya.. ;)

Edited by MrCat

Holy cow....!! That`s half a million in US Dollars....!! R u sure its 50 million..?? gosh, never thought some one might send so much for a car here.. :( Anyways, keep us updated on this will ya.. ;)

I think I know the guy who bought the car. But not sure as yet. According to his drivers its a S550 and valued at more than Rs. 50mil. He has specified all the options and its supposed to be loaded to the max cos he wants everything on the vehicle. He has other vehicles like luxury BMW's a Range Rover 06 plus other vehicles.

Well we do curse the duty rates in the country, but there are still ppl who do buy these sorts of expensive vehicles. So compared to other countries we must be pretty rich......

Well we do curse the duty rates in the country, but there are still ppl who do buy these sorts of expensive vehicles. So compared to other countries we must be pretty rich......

Yep, i have had this thought my self.. just imagine if there were zero or less taxes for vehicles.. Our roads will be jammed like nothin and people will be buyin cars like crazy.. And imagine ppl who buy cars like the S550.? wat sorta stuff will they be bringin down..?? This country is quite rich in that aspect.. ;)

Well, dont u guys think this is THE most expensive car to hit Sri Lankan soil if it really is worth as much..?? It should be isnt it..? I mean considering the total amount spend, not only the price of the car itself..

PS:

found this on the net, "2007 Mercedes-Benz S-Class S550 4dr Sedan (5.5L 8cyl 7A)

MSRP of Test Vehicle: $104,175 "...

Edited by MrCat

Well, dont u guys think this is THE most expensive car to hit Sri Lankan soil if it really is worth as much..?? It should be isnt it..? I mean considering the total amount spend, not only the price of the car itself..

I think the most expensive will be the bullet proof X5's used by government. Word is that they cost (CIF) around the same amount as a S550 duty paid or more. So multiply that by 3 and you get a rough idea of the value of the vehicles duty paid.

Hi guys

This is my first post here in AL, though i have been visiting this site everyday and reading all your guys interesting and informative comments thought i might start joining the fun today.(Sharky..u have been always telling me to post..so here i am!!!)

My office is close by to the gangarama temple and happened to see the Merc S550 about an hour back(it was bought in straight from the showroom for blessings) its big, BLACK, beautiful and its an AMG...50 million plus bucks..damn.And yes, the proud owner is a gentleman who has a famous shipping firm.

Also heard from a source that another s550 too would be brought down soon, dont know for who though..

Just wanted to share this with you guys!

Cheers

I think the most expensive will be the bullet proof X5's used by government. Word is that they cost (CIF) around the same amount as a S550 duty paid or more. So multiply that by 3 and you get a rough idea of the value of the vehicles duty paid.

hey i've seen VIPs going around in X5s.. didnt know that they were bullet proof... ;)

wow, 50 million is a lot of money to spend on a car....

but just cos there's one such 50 million rupee car doesnt mean that all car-buyers are rich.... its just a sign that the rich are getting richer while the poor are getting poorer...

Hi guys

This is my first post here in AL, though i have been visiting this site everyday and reading all your guys interesting and informative comments thought i might start joining the fun today.(Sharky..u have been always telling me to post..so here i am!!!)

My office is close by to the gangarama temple and happened to see the Merc S550 about an hour back(it was bought in straight from the showroom for blessings) its big, BLACK, beautiful and its an AMG...50 million plus bucks..damn.And yes, the proud owner is a gentleman who has a famous shipping firm.

Also heard from a source that another s550 too would be brought down soon, dont know for who though..

it took

Just wanted to share this with you guys!

Cheers

stingray!!

what's happening man? i was just going to post the merc details but i see you beat me to it... you should've got some pics when you had the chance brother...

anyways it's good to see you finally posting... keep the ball rolling brotha...

so which model exactly is this? S550 AMG or the S500? If i had that kind of mon, i'd go for the S65! wooo!

Lets not even go to SL...

is this what is down in Sri lanka? but this is not the AMG.

s550vmainde9.jpg

Edited by Overdrive

stingray!!

what's happening man? i was just going to post the merc details but i see you beat me to it... you should've got some pics when you had the chance brother...

anyways it's good to see you finally posting... keep the ball rolling brotha...

Hey Sharky

Whats up bro.. in fact when the car was at the temple i was walking around it and ogling over it, wanted to take some snaps on my phone but thought better of it since the owner's security people were hanging around..didnt want to get clobbered.

Overdrive- Its an S550 AMG , thats for sure, had a good look at the badges.Yes similar to that pic..

Cheers

Hey Sharky

Whats up bro.. in fact when the car was at the temple i was walking around it and ogling over it, wanted to take some snaps on my phone but thought better of it since the owner's security people were hanging around..didnt want to get clobbered.

Overdrive- Its an S550 AMG , thats for sure, had a good look at the badges.Yes similar to that pic..

Cheers

great news so there is one more 2007 S in town. i never heard of S550 AMG only AMG model comes under S is S65AMG.

It's an S500, but badged S550. 52 mill excactly I'm old

found an interesting bit of info about their new al wheel drive system 4matic

Mercedes, AWD, S-Class

Comfort and driving dynamics attain new level of perfection

The Mercedes-Benz S-Class is now available with 4MATIC permanent all-wheel drive. Developed entirely in-house by Mercedes-Benz, this all-new drive system combines perfect traction, first-class comfort and impressive driving dynamics with good fuel economy. Two powerful eight-cylinder models are available in the form of the S 500 4MATIC and S 450 4MATIC while the S 320 CDI 4MATIC is the first S-Class all-wheel-drive variant to be equipped with a particularly economical V6 diesel engine. The new models with all-wheel drive are identified clearly by the 4MATIC legend which appears both on the boot lid and on the wooden trim element on the centre console.

The top model from Mercedes-Benz with the new 4MATIC all-wheel-drive is aimed at drivers whose principal requirement is for a luxury saloon able to cope with all weather conditions with absolute assurance. This need is met by the S-Class 4MATIC models, whose newly developed drive system features a planetary-type centre differential. The permanent, fixed power split between the front and rear wheels in a ratio of 45 to 55 percent guarantees assured and absolutely predictable handling on all road surfaces. An integrated multiplate clutch ensures additional traction and optimum directional stability as soon as the wheels show any sign of slipping. With the support of the ESP®, ASR and 4ETS electronic driving safety systems, the S-Class 4MATIC offers a dynamic, comfortable and safe transport solution, even in adverse road conditions.

The full article:

http://www.worldcarfans.com/news.cfm/newsi...tic-for-s-class

do you guys really think its a good move to buy a S550 or 500 than a normal 320 or something? especially if you are not driving it?

Driver will get all the fun having hundreads of horses under his command,

anyway nice to see some classy rides around here.

Haha good point. But hey man, for these high rollers just having the extra power on tap, in case their drivers need to get them out of a potentially dangerous situation rapidly, probably makes it worth the extra $$$. (and the bragging rights to having a rare auto in the garage- you know "the best available" factor; probably doesn't hurt either)

....wanted to take some snaps on my phone but thought better of it since the owner's security people were hanging around..didnt want to get clobbered.

Smart man :P

• 3 weeks later...