• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Next Montero

ferrarif50

Just some thoughts.

I think Monteros Life Cycle is around 6 Years. Last time when the Most Popular Pajero Came to Sri Lanka it was there for 4-5 years and then they introduced a Face Lift version called the Montero. ( With a Ugly front and Rear Fender). It was just couple of models sold in this and they Launched the all New Montero around one and half years later. ( which is unfair for the consumer )

I just want to know if this is just going to be a facelift version or if it will be a all new model which will stay for 4-5 years.

called UML yesterday. It seems they will launch this around JAN next year and it will be priced at around 8.5 mil to 9.3 mil for the petrol version.

Edited by Velocity

usually when a new model is launched, the previous models all drop in price... guess that won't be happening here... the old models will still stay at their current prices... this sucks!

velocity, i think this maybe the fase lift version since there isn't much change apart from the cosmetics.

I do beleive that this is a face lift version since its got the same old engines as the current model.

There are no major changes from the current model to this as you can see, so why price it at a very high price??? If its all new it'll be more pricier and would move on into the 4.0litre Prado teritory. There is a current version at the price they are quoting for the new model.

BTW stingray the old classic car is one of Mitsubishi's first ever allwheel drive vehicles that is far as I can remember from the Wiki.

Just some thoughts.

I think Monteros Life Cycle is around 6 Years. Last time when the Most Popular Pajero Came to Sri Lanka it was there for 4-5 years and then they introduced a Face Lift version called the Montero. ( With a Ugly front and Rear Fender). It was just couple of models sold in this and they Launched the all New Montero around one and half years later. ( which is unfair for the consumer )

I just want to know if this is just going to be a facelift version or if it will be a all new model which will stay for 4-5 years.

called UML yesterday. It seems they will launch this around JAN next year and it will be priced at around 8.5 mil to 9.3 mil for the petrol version.

But bro, when the Civic 2006 introduced the 2005 was going away at 3.3 rember? It was a offer from Staffords

It's ironic that this thread is tagged 'New Montero' as all I see is the 'Old Montero with a Land Rover nose'..........it's like the

Rover & Montero made love to make this thing.......Oh look it's baby Monty Rover HA HA........man Mitsu seems to be in real trouble for new creations yaar??

basically the same as current, only some cosmetic changes eh?

Yep it seems so man.........with the fierce competition in the market place I doubt this will hold it's own. The montero product offering seems to be hard hit in the R&D dept. which means that it will die a slow death if they don't do something about it fast. Luxury and power (not to mention looks) seems to be the 3 variants in this segment and if you can't set the bar in at least two of these variants you will go down!! So from me it's bye bye Monty! (Too late for Full Monty now eh? <_< )

OT: guys just had the opportunity of driving a Second generation Discovery against the third gen Discovery. They are worlds apart when it comes to all aspects.

This is what is needed from a newer model. If the underpinnings & whats under the bonnet is the same its no point even bothering to buy something like that. Why pay more for a facelift version and come down on the resale value in case that is changed before a year passes.

Mitsubishi has done well with the rally cars (paris-dakar & WRC). But they got to put more into what they make for day to day use. I'm not condemning the make but why not build something new with state of the art technology and beat your competition & come out on top rather than become an also ran. How has Nissan managed to wipe out there debt?? They had a good backing from Renault and now they are back in the reckoning with newer models with better quality.