• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Opinion regarding repair of power shutter Honda Civic FD1

Dr.DM

Question

Driver side power window does not work. I have got it serviced several times at the Honda service centre at Maradana but it keeps malfunctioning and they suggest that I should replace the whole unit for the driver side window and it costs around 45,000 and it is not a surprise as they tend to replace whole units rather than repairing the defective part. So I want your opinion regarding this and also if possible recommend me a place in Colombo to get it repaired. 

1 answer to this question

If you have repaired it before and it keeps on failing..then it probably is safe to assume that it now needs replacing.

Is the 45,000LKR for a new unit ? Subsequently you can get a used part as well from Delkanda or someplace and would probably cost a lot less. But then with a second hand unit you never know how long it will last. Not the other hand...power window actuators are pretty robust in MOST cars (not all but most) so buying a second hand one has a good probability of lasting a long time. So get prices for used units as well. There after it is upto you to decide which would be best for you after factoring in how long you plan to keep the car, etc...